Researching coins

I want to get serious about all the altcoins. I've stuck to bitcoin and ether so far because they're easy.

Where do you guys do your research for coins? And factors do you use to differentiate which coins will succeed and which won't?

With everyone on this board, someone has to have a method they're willing to share. Fucking cannabis coin went up 50%. How the hell is anyone suppose to see that coming?

most people are just talking out of their ass or are shilling for a cryptocoin either because they're invested or because they are part of the team itself. I would guess a lot of it comes to how much you think the actual technology is worth, and then how active the developer team is, also whether it's even listed on the other coin trading sites.

It's all a gamble, really.

>And factors do you use to differentiate which coins will succeed and which won't?

The ones with stupid mascots are pump and dump coins.

Veeky Forums is very selfish so it's not going to help give you advantage by providing information to you unless it's to mislead you into giving them money.

However: If you offer them some money for the best idea they'll scramble over each other like pigeons on a chip to offer you useful information.

>research

NGR will be the next coin to moon. You're welcome.

hilarious post

News and technical analysis (TA).
Really, it is nothing else.

perfect post

Like fucking vitalik with his gay ass meme threads? Why would I take eth, seriously after that. ;_; I could have 30x my money.

Number one thing for altcoins in the very very early stages is community and the devs.

Mooncoin for example. Everyone on Veeky Forums was talking shit about it, which is normally a bad sign. But I went to the discords, talked to the marketing and dev teams, and they made a really good impression. I made 4x my investment already on Mooncoin.

Another example that is still in the very early stages is litedoge. Friendly community in their irc, active devs, they just upgraded their website and are working on a new marketing plan focusing on how lite doge is the future currency for microtransactions due to its speed.

In contrast, take Satoshi Madness. Some shills came to Veeky Forums saying it was going to take off, so I bought a very small amount. The community is non existant and the devs are missing. It immediately collapsed back down to 1 satoshi, and I'm glad I only put $10 worth of btc in it.

>I went to the discords, talked to the marketing and dev teams
holy shit you actually go those lengths?

It takes like 5 minutes... And it works every time. Only about 1/20 coins on Veeky Forums actually moon, and every single one has a good community with active devs.

My method is to spread out widely and put small amounts on lots of coins for which I can get credible-seeming google results

It's been working out well so far. Zencash was like the only loser actually

read on byteball on www.bitcointalk.org

Where?

I go to their site and social medias, read their propaganda. I then go to bitcointalk, read the propaganda there, A bit of Googling, reddit, and then maybe here (actually no, there's only shilling here) and then form a conclusion.

Sometimes it's all bullshit. Actually, 99% of the time it is. You're better off reading charts and following pumps if you want to make quick money. If you're hodling, you'll need to have a lot invested into a lot of maybes... which, in this bull market, will probably make you money.

All 20 coins or the ones with good dev teams moon?

Is there ever anywhere free of shiling and full of actual discussion?
DGB was the first time I really did research, but I went to all those place, bitcointalk, telegram, social media, reddit, here. It was all full of nothing but shills and no possible way to have any discussion.
If I didn't do my own research and find out more about them on my own, I probably would have believed it all, and wouldn't have ended up selling before the crash.

But I don't want to have to only rely on myself each time because there are still lots of info and news one person can miss. So basically I'm asking if you know of any communities that aren't garbage.

Do your own research and don't believe a thing you read here. Look for undervalued coins based on market value potential and trading volume. Research the company and the technology. Everything is over valued at this time. Expect a correction in the very near future.

>Everything is over valued at this time.
thats what i tell myself too. then i consider everything undervalued.

I said it before, but do research about byteball and you will see it's probably the strongest coin out there

>what are IDs

well done

No he doesn't mooncoin is shit. I actually do these things. Mooncoin is shit. They're just another coin trying to reach the moon, but they don't know what they're doing. Buy Nexus.