Save the bulk of your crypto investment in a hardware wallet

Save the bulk of your crypto investment in a hardware wallet.
Protect your coins before it's too late, user.
The best one and the one I personally use is the Ledger Nano S.
Get yourself one here: ledgerwallet.com/r/8069?path=/products/ledger-nano-s
Or buy a Trezor if you don't want to wait ledger's restock.

do they work with mist wallet on linux

As far as i know, yes, mist is supported already in the ledger, regardless of the OS. However it isn't listed on their "integration" list, so you may not have all the features, but the basics are covered

so is my private key from my mist wallet stored on a encrypted hard drive not safe?

I ordered a Nano ledger s at the end of last month and it said it would arrive early july. Now the website is saying september. Is that just for new orders or am I fucked?

Maybe its safe enough but not the safest. In a hardware wallet the key storage and the signing happens on a secure device. You could compromise your coins the moment you try to transfer them.

is coinbase with Google auth safe?

what wallets can you store on the nano?

coinbase is probably the most secure exchange and they dont seem to be going anyway, plus you are more than ok if you are using gauth. But no AS safe as a hardware wallet. Thing is while your coins are in an exchange you don't really own them.
food for thought, if btc forks and your btcs are on a exchange, you would get only the chain that exchange chooses to stay.

Fully officially supported are these. I personally prefer theirs and MyEtherWallet

Would it be safer to leave them on Coinbase with google auth or on myetherwallet?

If you aren't very "tech savvy" the first one will be better for you. Do your research and move eventually to a hardware wallet (and manage your funds with myetherwallet then from here)

I have a Nano Ledger S arriving sometime next month hopefully, but I just wanted to stay safe in the meantime.

Was it out of stock?

When I ordered it, they said it should arrive in early July. Now Bitcoinstore is saying September but hopefully that's for newly placed orders and not mine.

I ordered one a few months ago and I got it the 2 days after the day I ordered it.

They probably weren't as in demand as they are now. They go for $240 if you order from Amazon.

"Estimated shipping date for all new orders processed from our factory: August 6, 2017"

Holy shit

You really shouldn't

They all run on flash, which means capacitors.

Those capacitors lose power, you lose your data.

If your planning on buying one of these for a safe, you will be gravely disappointed.

You're better off encrypting your keys on a floppy disk for fucks sake.

Just bought the trezor. Can even pay in bitcoin. Never fucking cashing out boyz.

Was thinking about buying a lenovo thinkpad used or some shit off of amazon but at the same time who knows what could be on used PCs. I don't want to risk that bullshit.

Just get the trezor and remember the fuck out of your password. Really only chance ya have

explain yourself. Everyone else is saying they're foolproof.

Does the trezor as well? Fuck boyz. Maybe the thinkpad was where it's at LOL. Could've just gotten it and kept it airgapped I suppose - maybe even take out the wireless card. shiet niuggguH

if you store a flash memory for long periods of time without powering it, it may lose data.
thats where your keyphrase note comes into play

>what is a wallet seed
>what is a passphrase

if it does end up bricking, It doesn't matter you just by a new hardware wallet.. enter your seed and passphrase and wow there is your balance...

Why would I buy that instead encrypting a flash drive and storing my stuff on it?