Is this anything more than just a self-help book for the alt-right?

Is this anything more than just a self-help book for the alt-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf
buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world
traditionalistblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/traditionalism-in-trump-era-mainstream.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>alt-right
Thread hidden :^)

Your implication being a significant number of Veeky Forumsdorians having read this she thus fully able to converse about?
Please provide context of desired subject matter and a summary wouldn't hurt

>le & humanities meme
Fuck off.

That seems to be what it is, from what I've read of it. I bought a copy for my bf for Christmas, and read a bit. Pretentious fusion of Mussolini, proto Breitbart and the Vedas.

Do you recommend anything better in the same vein?

I'm not right wing, so I don't really know. Ask Veeky Forums. I'm sure they can help you out.

>my bf

>girls don't exist

Being a girl would explain your low IQ at least, if you think Evola is a combination of Mussolini and "Breitbart".

I'm not her. Just pointing out that it could be a gay guy, or a girl.

The 2nd part is self-help 100% but overly pessimistic. I highly doubt most people can understand the parts where he talks about Satre and Heidegger.

Also true evolians adopt children and mold them in their own image.

You mean you want more self-help right-wing books or other areas, like history, onthology, politics?

>listening to an Italian magician LARPing as a Hindu
millenials are so pathetic

What does the "alt-right" have to do with aristocracy? Isn't that the traditional right?

My problem with it was his conclusion seemed rather weak and cliche. He seemed to imply the way to live was "risky action," in way that implied cheesiness doing daring acts such as bungie jumping or drug induced states, or stupid risk such as being a mercenary.

Also his belief that our era is one to use action instead of contemplation seems incorrect. Especially with the internet a In this time where we sit back and have no choice but to wait for God to sort it out, contemplation is probably more valuable than ever. The amount knowledge we can absorb is massive even if it will be flawed by its nature.

His book "shakti and the secret way" is better at explaining the world, and one of the most helpful books in understanding metaphysics.

>His book "shakti and the secret way" is better at explaining the world, and one of the most helpful books in understanding metaphysics.
It'd be real nice if Evola seemed to have any serious comprehension of Tantra.

I find it more helpful for metaphysics than practice.

I'd rather get my metaphysics w/r/t Shakti and the yoga thereof from Spandakarikas, Ananda Lahare, Kalikapurana, Tantraloka, Sveccaranda Tantra, the Krama, Kaulajnananirnaya, etc.

thats not even his best book desu

This guy seems like he developed all of his ideas without having to defend them in front of someone.

>get paralyzed from recklessly taking walks during bomb raids
>write a book about how reckless action against the fear of death is the key to enlightenment

>involved in a "revivalist" Roman movement that declared that Nordic/Germanic peoples were the true Romans

>world view built on romantically appealing but imaginary esoteric gnosis that preceeded science
>wewoozing about his ethnic group being superior by birth with total disregard of actual history of civilisation
>believed in magic
>died unmarried, without children
Yes, definitely /pol/ tier

>believed in magic
Magic is real
>died unmarried, without children
Leftist are in no position to sneer at this.

but he isn't wewuzing like typical nazis though, he's more of a traditionalist in a sense "return to the root" / agonise but accept the birth of modern morality, akin to Tolkien

He didn't do this in any of books or many internet post about Evola I've read. And I've read plenty.

It's not his writings, and seems more to be interpretations of the "hyperborean" racial identity as the inheritor of Rome in service to the WW2-era Italian political landscape. That said, it's still pretty funny.

he truly believed some woo woo stuff; he was an intellectual deepak chopra

can we just ban right wing literature from this board? it has not value, and all it does is promote hate and racism

back to safespace
>>reddit

You either understand Evola or you do not.

Please respect the high level of discourse necessary for this board by not shitposting your tiny little brain off.

Its clear nobody read him here, instead of argument all you get is typical /pol/ altright nazi boogeyman

Admittedly, he's bit esoteric, but he's also very interesting, read it before judging:

cakravartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/Julius-Evola-Ride-the-Tiger-Survival-Manual-for-the-Aristocrats-of-the-Soul.pdf

Dude they even mentioned Breitbart in this thread, Ameriblubbers are literally thinking their cringetopia contemporary meme movements have anything to with traditional reaction. Just stupidity galore.

Well played

I don't think anyone is saying he's not interesting, but his ideologies on a larger scale seem inextricably linked with edgy ill-thought-out concepts which don't stand up to considered conversation. Anyone focused heavily on self-improvement and striving is worth looking into. That said, the methods by which he espoused his ideas and the things he endorsed make him look like a charlatan.

The reason that was mentioned is that Stephen Bannon, the ex-President of Breitbart, cites Evola as an influence, and the name is not well known here due to the heavy anti-fascist bent of America's national myth. It's been in the news because people are making him out to be way more competent and creepy than he actually seems (though he does seem to play a longer game than most of the dipshit politicians that populate our system). I understand why you might react in this way, but try some context.

IMO his biggest value is his critiques of modernity, sumed up with his famous quote "my principals are only those that, before there French Revolution, every well-born person considered sane and normal." Unless you're an irrational ideologue everything should be critiqued. Including modernity.

Bannon is just a run of the mill American republican (lowercase r) paleoconservative in the vein of Pat Buchanan who praises "Judeo-Christian" values and thinks islam is our greatest enemy. He's pretty much the opposite of Evola.

I'd agree with that sentiment entirely. It's literally just that there's been a bunch of instances of the name popping up in the media because the guy talked about him. I don't think most people would associate alt-right ideology with his, as most alt-right practitioners are either uneducated or indoctrinated.

>Magic is real
praise kek lol meme magic, amirite

I completely agree- modernity vs tradition, tribalism vs the growing connectivity between humans and our innate desire to connect, etc, these are extremely important ideological conversations to be having in a longer-view sense of humanity. I do think most people lack the basic perspective to have an educated viewpoint to discuss this from, but I'd much rather talk about it now than have an angry horde of traditionalists burning shit down because the conversation was uncomfortable.

Get out.

>Stephen Bannon, the ex-President of Breitbart, cites Evola as an influence

From the transcript:
>Bannon: I think it’s a little bit more complicated. When Vladimir Putin, when you really look at some of the underpinnings of some of his beliefs today, a lot of those come from what I call Eurasianism; he’s got an adviser who harkens back to Julius Evola and different writers of the early 20th century who are really the supporters of what’s called the traditionalist movement, which really eventually metastasized into Italian fascism. A lot of people that are traditionalists are attracted to that.

buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world

This is the only paragraph where Evola is mentioned by name and he is mentioned only once. I don't construe this as being "influenced" by Evola in anyway, unless Bannon believes that Evola's position was merely preserving Judeo-Christian values, in which case he hasn't understood Evola. That's not my interpretation either that is Sedgwick's interpretation.

traditionalistblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/traditionalism-in-trump-era-mainstream.html

Evola is high impact autism

>he thinks traditionalism metastasized into fascism
Bannon confirmed for utter retard

Ah, you're right, I'm thinking of Richard Spencer, another alt-right writer. Our media is atrocious.

>angry horde of traditionalists burning shit down because the conversation was uncomfortable
Quite the opposite, that's leftist tactic

take this humanities shit to Veeky Forums

Things have been moving away from traditionalism, and the conversation is about reversing direction or staying the course of global interconnection. To that end, traditionalists would be the ones threatening violent revolt (as they do). In either case, identifying something as universal as violence to a left or right bias is fucking ridiculous- we're on the history board, go read a book.

Don't read ride the tiger if you haven't read revolt and men among the ruins.

>its another episode of 'i havent read any evola but im still going to talk about him like I have'

When there was all the "take the red blue green black pill" memes floating about the one recommended reading for the uber man was alright.

This desu. I can't imagine what kind of reading comprehension problems you need to have to think that Evola somehow supports a "civilisation war" between "Judeo-Christian West" and "Islam", let alone the idea that the "Judeo-Christian West" would somehow be the good guys there.

>and the name is not well known here
The name isn't well known anywhere. He's a very niche philosopher.

RtT is pretty stand-alone. I'd definitely say don't read Men among the Ruins without reading Revolt first, though..

Evola is pretty much THE GUY for traditionalism. If you're super interested, you can supplement with Carlyle, Spengler and Edmund Burke. If you're looking post-modern alt-right wankfest, just read bullshit by Guillaume Faye, Pat Buchanan, Alain de Benoist, Alexander Dugin, and Markus Willinger. On the surface level, they seem similar but they're different beasts in their entirety.

>Evola is pretty much THE GUY for traditionalism.

Is it really that bad?

>Is it really that bad
??? I thoroughly enjoy Evola's works, but they're certainly not for everyone. His language, like most philosophers, is very flowery, but his major points always hit home without needing to read between the lines or having to do a lot of research. The primary issue with Evola is that if you're not well versed in late 19th-century/early 20th-century philosophy, you're going to spend quite a bit of time thumbing through works that Evola cites in order to fully understand his message.

tl;dr
Easy to get the main bits, not so easy to fully understand without prior knowledge or a willingness to do leg work

Why stick with tribalism when humans desire to connect?

Evola readers would call raising children that aren't your own cuckolding though

they desire to be tribal.

>Evola is pretty much THE GUY for traditionalism.
imo he was a romanticist.

Whoever would think adopting children of your same race is cuckolding is either an idiot or a strawman. In your scenario its probably the strawman.

That child isn't your own, it is the product of another man's seed, it is not your responsibility and making it your responsibility is cuckoldry

And is it supposed to be bad?

If I die early and leave a child, I'll be grateful if my friend would father him/her.

Evola is just another pseudointellectual racist straight white man.
Muh ride the tiger, muh degeneracy!. Praise Kek! xdddddddd

>ride the tiger
>self help
Confirmed for not having read it

Bannon is familiar with both Maurras and Evola so he's definitely above his "I only read magazines and stock reports" boss.

>muh cuck fetish

You're so obsessed with chan culture it's starting to seep into your personality. Seek professional help.

Nice deflection.

>familiar
>means influence
Just because he's knowledgeable of Evola and attributed him to having influenced the traditionalst movement doesn't mean bannon is some evolian. He is a paleocon.

explain to me how it isn't