Tell me about Alistair Crowley Veeky Forums

Tell me about Alistair Crowley Veeky Forums

Some people think he was a fraud, but to the extent that ANYONE has ever truly devoted himself to mastering the occult, it was Crowley. The fact he had no obvious success says more about the nature of magic than it does Crowley.

>he named her son Atatürk

BASED

So what was he about?
Some hoodoo voodoo?

Does becoming a satanist mean i get lewd thicc girls?

>The fact he had no obvious success
By what metric?

ikr

Western Esoterica through the Golden Dawn.

>Crowley
>Satanist
Pick one.

There are a lot of decent biographies, but no GREAT bios. His wiki page is surprisingly neutral and comprehensive.

I've got his unpublished Yorke Microflims of the Warburg collection over in my library.

No write a constructive and informative post don't expect us to do all the writing

Heroin addict, orgyist, connoisseur of the Left Hand Path.

To be fair, Crowley is hard to summarize.

>connoisseur of the Left Hand Path.
Crowley detested black magick and only had passing contact with the Eastern LHP through Ananda Lahare.

He tried to climb K2 but couldn't make it to the top.

What's with his face in that picture?

my knowledge on Mr. Crowley
>unknown what went on in his head
>possibly talked with the dead
>life style was tragic
>fooled people with magic

Wind/snow burn

He was a pedo:

>Boy of red lips, pale face, and golden hair,
>Of dreamy eyes of love, and finger-tips
>Rosy with youth, too fervid and too fair,
>Boy of red lips.
>How the fond ruby rapier glides and slips
>'Twixt the white hills thou spreadest for me there;
>How my red mouth immortal honey sips
>From thy ripe kisses, and sucks nectar rare
>When each the shrine of God Priapus clips
>In hot mouth passionate more than man may bear,
>Boy of red lips!

~ Alistair Crowley

Came to this thread just for this post

ITT I will dump an original article that I have prepared, concerning the spoken word recordings of Aleister Crowley.

Studying these spoken word recordings can be useful to a noob or a general reader in a number of ways: it provides a basic introduction to Crowley's writings (from which the recitations derive), it provides an "in" to his significance in popular culture (the recordings have been sampled and periodically prepared for sale as an album), and it gives you a basic idea of what Crowley liked, what he was about.

It also lets you know that, frankly, he was a rather mediocre-if-spicy poet, autistically obsessed with numbers, "conventional" ABAB-AABB etc structures.

The dump commences now.

>Her breasts itch with lust of Incest. She hath given Her two-year bastard boy to Her lewd lover's whim to sodomy, hath taught him speech and act, things infinitely abhorred, with Her own beastly carcass. She hath tongued Her five-month girl, and asked its father to deflower it.

>the thin shrieks of a young child that Her Beast-God-Slave-Mate is torturing for Her pleasure - ay!

Autism.

just a meme attention whore

My first (You). You're not wrong, but this one lets me know sometimes that I'm on the path of something that someone will appreciate.

I think the document needs to be overhauled to make letters bigger on the page, as in an actual print version. I tried one test print months ago and was unhappy.

It should probably actually have twice as many pages with same content, to be a read-able thing.

>O honey boy! Bring me Thy cool limbs hither! Let us sit awhile in the orchard, until the sun go down! Let us feast on the cool grass! Bring wine, ye slaves, that the cheeks of my boy may flush red.

>In the garden of immortal kisses, O thou brilliant One, shine forth! Make Thy mouth an opium-poppy, that one kiss is the key to the infinite sleep and lucid, the sleep of Shi-loh-am.

Laughed.

I don't know much about Crowley other than that he had some vague connection to the whole "Do what you want to do" thing popularized by The Beatles and many others (publicly and privately). A thoughtful phrase and a very powerful one but I doubt he's the first to find it.

Jimmy Page, of Led Zeppelin fame, was famously a Crowley fan.

Do we know if Pete Townsend or Gary Glitter were fans as well?

So much so he bought Crowley's estate.

If what you are driving at is a connection between pedophilia/pederasty and Crowley via popular music/culture, your best bet (apart from Crowley himself, natch, also look into the Abbey of Thelema) is to look at Peter Christopherson, of Coil and Throbbing Gristle, a central figure in the history of industrial music.

Threads are started on this subject on /mu/ sometimes. They don't last, depending on how the hot-pocket-man-du-jour feels.

It never ends.

You will get skeletal highschool girls. If you want thick mamas come and worship Baron Samedi and his vaudunn clique.

As if dude, you'd get chicks like Kylie

If neurotic pussy who will break down at any difficulty and take you down with her is your thing, go on, read Alistair Crowley, all them fake ass grimoires of olden france like The Red Dragon and the Black Chicken or Clavicula Salomonii, it's worth the ride.

>Alistair
It always baffles me that folks can't spell his name when the proper spelling is in the thread.

There's little indication that Crowley wanted to fuck children. There's PLENTY of indication he wanted to BE the boy, given the materials that reference HCJP.

Bagh-i-Muattar was satire, taking a jab at the church.

More than likely The White Cat rather than his kid, from what I can gather about the timeline.

?
Care to write up a refutation of the man's collected works?

>I literally am too dumb to comprehend the Holy Books
The boy here is the HGA (Brilliant One). There's little to nothing sexual about this one.

>Do what you want to do
Fundamental misunderstanding of the doctrine of True Will. Crowley's doctrine is not "Do whatever" it's "Find your purpose and execute it".

>Jimmy Page, of Led Zeppelin fame, was famously a Crowley fan.
And?

?