Can we have a deep discussion about what could go down on August 1 & the days leading up to it?

Can we have a deep discussion about what could go down on August 1 & the days leading up to it?

Well thought out posts only.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibb.co/h8HDiF
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

capslock pasta

what is actually happening 1 Aug?

BTC will split into two, Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. This will likely be the chance for ETH to take over.

why doesn't BTC stay like it is?
and what is core and unlimited?

ETH will suck a dick and stay #2 like it always does.

Because it is slow

>wait for ETH to correct in the coming weeks
>BUY BUY BUY at 200-250
>wait until end of august
>BTC at 1k
>ETH at 1.2k

what are the odds?

This. A hard fork didn't do shit to ETH and it won't do shit to BTC.

Zero

o%

> by mid July ETH reaches higher market cap than BTC
> everyone who holds BTC afraid of fork
> move coins to ETH
> ETH price mooning
> that's how ETH became new flagship coin

Spoon-fed me for not doing research. I take it bitcoin core will be the "classic" edition, and unlimited will be the new fork?

This

I can't foresee ETH "correcting" in any meaningful sense right now.

Buy walls are still apparent in most of the major exchanges and BTC is stagnating relative to it.

ICOs and the increased interest in smart contracts has lead to a higher incentive for long-term investors to put their money into the Ethereum blockchain.

SegWit or segregated witness proposes fixes to the original blockchain which has problematic scalability and thus the consideration in halving.

This said, I do feel that there will be a huge manipulation in the days leading up and those following to try and get as much money OUT of Ethereum to scoop up possibly billions while Bitcoin takes a decent sized dip but ultimately doesn't lose a considerable amount of it's market cap.

By the end of August, though, I predict Ethereum will be closing in on the market cap dominance by ~5 billion USD.

This is a chain-split, not a fork, in a lot of ways this is worse than a fork

1. HF happens and one fork quickly becomes the dominant chain. This bitcoin chain retains most of the old chain's marketcap, maybe more.

2. HF happens, there is no clear dominant chain. Money leaves bitcoin to ethereum and eth becomes the dominant currency.

3. HF happens, there is no clear dominant chain. Money leaves bitcoin for fiat. Causes immense FUD for crypto currency, resulting in a crash for all coins.

4. bitcoin core and bitcoin unlimited groups settle their differences and agree to a development roadmap which suits both parties. Hell freezes, pigs fly and dogs walk around on their hind legs.

So when it forks what happens to my BTC? Does it just be one on or the other? Do I get to choose which one I get?

3 seems like a low possibility given that the money is just asking to be put into the Ethereum blockchain with all of the new tokens well-springing up around it.

It has too much potential for people who are mainly whales and silent investors to leave the market altogether.

lmao. the coping is so intense in this thread. bitcoin cucks guzzling down their $5 transaction fees like the good goys they are. don't forget to wipe the cum off your chins fags.

I forsee it correcting. Its getting pumped up big time and people are going to take a profit at some point

People put their money in Bitcoin 2.0 aka Litecoin which already has Seg-Wit. Litecoin and Eth sky rocket in price.

Forgive me I'm using voice to text. August 1st there will simply be a hard Fork and Bitcoin will surge in value because it will be much faster than it is right now. Etherium forking did not do anything to it people don't use etc it's a bullshit coin. There might be people that get cold feet sell their Bitcoin or something in July leading up to August 1st but by August 1st it won't matter anymore. By September Bitcoin will be easily thousands of dollars each 3000 at a minimum. I don't know why people think there's going to be some big ass crash it doesn't make any sense that's not how it ever happens for any coin forking the price typically increases

>lmao. the coping is so intense in this thread. bitcoin cucks guzzling down their $5 transaction fees like the good goys they are. don't forget to wipe the cum off your chins fags.

Eth will eventually go down in value there is no reason for it to be this High. VB himself does not want the value to be this high as it fucks with the fees and scalability of ethereum. It it is not a store of value it is not nearly as safe as Bitcoin or even litecoin. People trying to use it as a currency or fucking idiots it is literally like trying to use tulips and that's why the Tulip thing keeps being brought up because that's exactly what this is there is no reason whatsoever for aetherium to be as high as it is it is not a currency it is not a store of value it's market cap has nothing to do do with storing value. People are speculating on this as if it's a currency when it's not and that's why it's a bubble and it will crash once Bitcoin Forks. These things are obvious but you'll see a bunch of morons on here that have a lot of money in eth go on and on about how Bitcoin is going to die and how it's a dinosaur and whatever either even though the fork will make it infinitely efficient.

1. BITCOIN HAVE LIMITED QUANTITY, IN DIFFERENCE FROM TULIPS AND DOLLARS
2. GOLD EXACTLY SAME A PYRAMID SCHEME AS A BITCOIN BUT ALREADY ABSORB ALL IN
3. CURRENT CAPITALIZATION OF THE BITCOIN 35,788,210,511 USD
FOR EXAMPLE RUSSIAN BILLIONER ALISHER UZMANOV MAY BUY THE HALF OF ALL BITCOINS
USA MILITARY BUDGET - 611,000,000,000 USD
USA DEBT - 18,984,100,000,000 USD
GOLD IN THE WORLD 31553,2 TONS = 1,278,960,782,690 USD
BITCOIN SIMILAR TO GOLD FOR ACCUMULATION AND SIMILAR TO DOLLAR FOR MONEY TRANSFER
THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS THE BITCOIN FROM BECOMING A WORLD CURRENCY IS ITS LOW COST
AT THE PRICE OF 10,000,000 USD FOR 1 BITCOIN IT ALREADY CAN REPLACE DOLLARS
-----------------------------------
TYPICAL PROBLEM FOR BILLIONER: TO BUY APARTMENT FOR 15 YEARS ASIAN GIRLFREND
FOR EXAMPLE YOU - BILL GATES
YOU HAVE MONEY IN THE BANK
YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS MONEY, YOU CAN NOT TAKE TONS OF CASH. GOLD IS VISIBLE ON METAL DETECTORS AT THE AIRPORT
BEFORE PAYING SERIOUS MONEY, YOU NEED TO RECEIVE THE APPOINTMENT PERMISSION AND PAY THE TAXES
AND IF JOURNALISTS SEE WILL BE THE SCANDAL
WITH BITCOIN THERE IS NO PROBLEM
WITH BITCOIN ONLY PROBLEM IS BITCOIN LOW PRICE AND LOW BITCOIN AMOUNT IN INTERGENERAL ARBITRATION
-----------------------------
HERE IS THE DIAGRAM:
ibb.co/h8HDiF
BITCOIN PRICE WILL RISE, LIQUIDITY WILL INCREASE, APPLICATION WILL BE EXPANSIONED
THIS IS THE EGYPTIAN PYRAMID AND NEVER WILL BE RUINED

It's already surpassed it's new support and one quick look on cryptowat.ch will reveal that the buy walls are holding strong and if it corrects it won't until at least a significant rise occurs in the next week.

If it remains steady, we could see it climb slowly, stabilize, and continue all the way 'til the 1st or shortly prior to.

those buy orders arent real
dont be fooled

as soon as ETH starts freefalling and tapping those walls theyre gonna disappear real quick

not the biggest fan of POS but would be great if Core would split to POS to piss of the miners.. Unlimited has already been roadblocked by most of the big exchanges..wont be a base pair, but treated just like any other coin. The big ass miners (top 5 of the network) and their baby tantrum ways are preventing the real issues for the coin to be addressed.

>VB himself does not want the value to be this high as it fucks with the fees and scalability of ethereum.
Source, please.
My point is that as this date draws closer and Bancor hits exchanges there will be a massive surge. It's being supported enough to continue this upward trend for the next month with small dips in between. I don't feel like drawing meme lines right now but a "freefall" is highly unlikely at the moment.

I don't think 3 is likely, but I still consider it a possibility. A story about bitcoin getting rekt would be a goldmine for MSM. Once it filters to normies, confidence in crypto will go down, newcomers will be fewer and less people will hodl. If anyone has counter-arguments I'd like to hear them.

which fork of bitcoin will become the dominant chain? why wouldn't speculators take their money out of btc while there is still uncertainty over which chain will prevail? would they move their money to fiat and be taxed, or ethereum which wouldn't get taxed? would like to hear your perspective on this.

Buy the rumor, sell the news. Duh.

Right now I'm in LTC with about 60 coins as a hedge. Obviously holding ETH long term no question about that.

So long as everything goes smooth with the BTC update, I don't see why the price would decline. But you never know.

always had this questin: in case of a hard fork with two surviving chains... i do "own" coins on both chains did i get that right?
bc with a price like bitcoins i can't imagine two chains surviving simply because theres waayy to much money already invested in it.
or maybe i got that whole concept wrong, but wrote something about core and unlimited

Google "ethereum scalability problem" on my phone and not playing daddy and spoon-feeding you. Can't do something that simple, you're an idiot.

>Buy the rumor, sell the news.

In relation to BTC or ETH "flipping"?

I'm still unsure about how the entire BTC split is going to go down. I feel like ETH might catch some manipulation in the short-term and correct below previous supports but ultimately will remain.

I think the same thing about BTC for the most part, but I haven't the slightest idea about how they are going to get 95% to agree on it.

okay nvm i should ave just read some other posts sry

Not the legacy. There is no reason to move out if BTC.

all i can fucking tell you is that the BTC blockchain was blocked on Bittrex for fucking 90 minutes. I got nervous and transferred my funds over to ETH and then over to coinbase. Couldnt get them back over to bittrex without .1 woopty fucking ETH in my account, so I had to buy BTC with the ETH and transfer that to bittrex. By the time I did ETH just went down fucking 15 dollars so I lost like 80$ there alone, and then paid 40$ in tx fees from pajeetbase. I also had to cash out on coinbase and trade back to BTC to prevent from fucking losing anymore. I went from .49 BTC to .42 BTC in less than 20 minutes. What the fuck. Fuck coinbase. Kikes. If the UASF doesnt happen i dunno. BTC takes fucking forever to transfer. I wonder if they'll make me pay capital gains for "cashing out"! Thanks (((Coinbase))), for helping me make a profit!

>Google "ethereum scalability problem" on my phone and not playing daddy and spoon-feeding you. Can't do something that simple, you're an idiot.

The fuck are you on about and responding to me with that for?
Is it about Vitalik discussing transaction frees and scalability?
Please consider giving some context in the future.

Store of value
21m supply

Oh shit, actually that's a lie, we can just split and make more buttcoins.

which one would be the legacy one though? bitcoin unlimited's chain or bitcoin core's? If there is uncertainty a lot of people will want to stand back until the dust settles imo. could you please elaborate?

>I think the same thing about BTC for the most part, but I haven't the slightest idea about how they are going to get 95% to agree on it.
Part of me hopes no one agrees and alts continue to rise.

Legacy AKA current BTC user... The new faster Bitcoin is where the money will go obviously

I didn't mean that the legacy bitcoin would keep being used. There's a 2mb blocksize upgrade planned by the BU supporters and segwit/lightning planned by bitcoin core.

Both intend to increase transaction throughput. Which one will beat the other?

August 1st there will simply be a hard Fork and Bitcoin will surge in value because it will be much faster than it is right now. Etherium forking did not do anything to it people don't use etc it's a bullshit coin. There might be people that get cold feet sell their Bitcoin or something in July leading up to August 1st but by August 1st it won't matter anymore. By September Bitcoin will be easily thousands of dollars each 3000 at a minimum. I don't know why people think there's going to be some big ass crash it doesn't make any sense that's not how it ever happens for any coin forking the price typically increases

Eth will eventually go down in value there is no reason for it to be this High. VB himself does not want the value to be this high as it fucks with the fees and scalability of ethereum. It it is not a store of value it is not nearly as safe as Bitcoin or even litecoin. People trying to use it as a currency or fucking idiots it is literally like trying to use tulips and that's why the Tulip thing keeps being brought up because that's exactly what this is there is no reason whatsoever for aetherium to be as high as it is it is not a currency it is not a store of value it's market cap has nothing to do do with storing value. People are speculating on this as if it's a currency when it's not and that's why it's a bubble and it will crash once Bitcoin Forks. These things are obvious but you'll see a bunch of morons on here that have a lot of money in eth go on and on about how Bitcoin is going to die and how it's a dinosaur and whatever either even though the fork will make it infinitely efficient.

Poorfag fucktard needing a little push towards his lamboland dreams. New to cryptos. Have barely little to start anything.

BTC:
14fCfxx7ZugpdzZLvB1YVoRxJpnT3EsBCa

THE ANSWER:

August is the POTcoin month

where is the answer?

>THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS THE BITCOIN FROM BECOMING A WORLD CURRENCY IS ITS LOW COST
no, you retard. btc is highly volatile, buying a $10 ice cream from a vendor using bitcoin will have big problems compared to the usual fiat

deilusional investors thinking ETH will have some insane price in the future are pure retards

>"I sold the vast majority of my ether, mostly because I thought it was crazy" - @VladZamfir 12/

>"I wouldn't say that Ethereums use of smart contracts today is representative of their utility of the platform" - @VladZamfir 3/

> "No one is claiming that Ethereum is scalable today, or that the gas prices are resonable" - @VladZamfir 4/

>"Ethereum can now do 10-20 transactions per second .. basically not a lot" - @VladZamfir 5/

>"I have concerns due to the fact that commercial interests and adoption has far outpaced the tech research and development" - @VladZamfir 8/

>"Capital inflow .. to Ethereum entirely based on speculation, do you see that as a systemic risk for Ethereum"
"- Yes" - @VladZamfir 11/

>"I'm here to build applications on Ethereum, I'm not doing it because it's not secure or scalable enough" - @VladZamfir 14/

>HERE IS THE DIAGRAM:
>ibb.co/h8HDiF
That;s why I put a few ETH into Dcorp ICO - derivatives trading on blockchain