Comfy LBRY thread go

Comfy LBRY thread go.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/lbryio
time.com/money/3994949/wikipedia-paid-editors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh boy, let's go!

wut iz lbry

LBC, it's a coin that funds development of a decentralized youtube. Like a streaming bittorrent where you can charge a micro fee for acess to your content should you so desire. Any advertising revenue will go direct to the content creator, rather than 80% to youtube or 30% of fees to apple. Pewdiepie will be re-monetised once he moves over to the new LBRY platform. Big hollywood studios can also release on the platform and get paid for their work directly without having to give Amazon or Netflix a cut.
Big or small, it's a content revolution.

What is LBRY exactly – is it a protocol, an app, a website, a company?

LBRY is many components working together. For most users, it will just be a place where they can find great videos, music, ebooks, and more. A vast digital library available on all of your devices.

But behind that experience is an ecosystem that can be hard to understand at first – especially because we tend to refer to all the pieces and the system-as-a-whole as “LBRY”. (We’re working on clearing that up.)

It might be easier to start with what LBRY is not: it is not just another corporate media service like YouTube or iTunes or Spotify. It is first and foremost a new protocol that allows artists to upload their content to a network of hosts (like BitTorrent) and set a price per stream or download (like iTunes) or give it away for free (like YouTube without ads). What makes this all possible is the blockchain technology developed by the founder of Bitcoin. Do you have to understand any of this to use and enjoy LBRY? No. Does it still matter to users? Yes!

There are EXABYTES of data on youtube. How can LBRY compete?

comfy -16%

Whoops, picture for ants.

Now, the LBRY project is more than just a revolutionary new protocol. It is also a company, LBRY Inc., which is developing a LBRY app to allow users to easily interact with the protocol. So it’s as if Google had developed the email protocol, released it to the world for free, and then built Gmail to help people make use of it. Not only is our app completely open-source, but others are welcome to create competing apps that also use the LBRY protocol. For a content creator, your uploaded content will be available to all of these apps at the same time.

Do you see the difference here? YouTube can afford to push around its creators and users because they’ve created tremendous lock-in. LBRY is challenging this model from the ground-up. Everything we’ve built is open-source, decentralized, and belongs to the community using it. LBRY Inc. could go bankrupt tomorrow and the LBRY protocol will live on.

Another good coin that I think will 10x. Patiently trying to increase my btc so I can pick more up.

>no one can edit or remove the information which is published, except the owner of the publication
>not even the developers at LBRY Inc. can change it
>if illegal material is published, LBRY Inc.'s legal team will remove access to the files

Incentive - people will actually get money for uploading content.
LBRY isn't just going to take down Youtube, but possibly Netflix, HBO and Amazon Prime Video, as content creators can get paid-per-view directly and easily... it only takes Louis C.K to say
In addition, data load will be spread out over everyone hard drives and processors, hence no running costs - and no need for CEOs and admin middlemen.

The LBRY app (i.e. the "website" made by the developers for accessing the underlying LBRY protocol) will no longer allow access to the files. But another platform which is not so legally constrained could access those files.

Kickasstorrents removes a torrent file becasue it received a DMCA. the Pirate Bay takes over and hosts the magnet link to that same distributed cloud of information

Wikipedia survived because it is non-profit organisation. People makes content without payments because they believe in free and open source society. Any advertisement will kill project I think.

And how do you explain people uploading exabytes of content to Youtube?

Good feel.

>exabytes
Because video format contains many bytes but no sense. Words can describe everything and takes less bytes.

[shilling intensifies]

so... why did all those millions of people upload videos to youtube? on LBRY they will upload even more, because they can get paid easily (should they wish) (LBRY will also kill Patreon)

One thing bothers me and that's the idea of how files are published. It's essentially just bittorrent. You know what happens when something stops getting seeded.

block-chains are a little different from bittorrent.

Just like everyone who downloads the bitcoin torrent is forces to host the ledger of transaction (or a big chunk of it) everyone who wants to access the LBRY will be forced to host a decent chunk of files... i think... let me check on that.

But yeah, bitcoin users can't pick and choose which parts of the ledger they will host (seed), it's all worked out in the background by the system.

Lbry is a safe bet.
Very promising and so much undervalued.

twitter.com/lbryio

This. It's also a total pipedream for people to self-host video content from their own system to same massive levels Youtube allows currently if they have tens of thousands of viewers, even a residential gigabit connection doesn't have nearly enough bandwidth. A channel that can pull 100,000 views in the first day of a new upload would need to be able to transfer 50 terabytes in a day.

>everyone who wants to access the LBRY will be forced to host a decent chunk of files
The idea of every viewer becoming a host will also either limit your reach to people with both unmetered connections and large amounts of storage or there will end up being a client designed that blocks the user hosting functionality looping you back around to the bandwidth problem. You either cut off 90% of the mobile user base or have to front the hosting costs yourself and the largest Youtube channels probably get way more than half of their views from mobile users.

It's basically Bittorrent with DRM but with no real incentive to move millions of users over from other services.

>librarian grill
damn

In other words, all it takes is a few internet edgelords on LBRY uploading nazi memes or gore and the normies go into hiding.

Unless they have plans of two separate apps, one of which is the family-friendly edition or something.

I want to lick the pussy between that librarian grill's thick thighs while she's reading passages from Sartre to me. Will LBC grant me this wish?

Is there a group for shillng this? I feel like dumping some pajeet coins and hop into this bandwagon since you guys never cease to run out of girls with books.

time.com/money/3994949/wikipedia-paid-editors/

That's the (implied) plan. the official LBRYapp developed by the coin developers will block illegal content, but there is nothing stopping anyone from making their own app to interface to the LBRYblockchain

Unfortunately no, it's just me, a [bookholder] who decided to shill biz for entertainment.
I think it could also be great for freedom of speech and /pol/ ambitions once the platform is working. Unblockable decentralized content, easy to access, that can also be monetized, and there is enough hype right now to get people on the platform and uploading.

Another day, another library

Lrn2p2p m8.

What the LBRY dude is trying to say is that the App is just a tracker like torrent sites. It tracks files, not host them.

Youtube's website is the frontend client to THEIR infrastructure where the videos are stored. They control the distribution of the content they present.

So even if LBRY complies to the law and blocks access on their app/site, the address is still accessible out there.

Just like torrents.

I'll get 500 LBRY and wait

Please respond.

Watch out rich boy coming through holding 2 lbry

If you hold for a year or 2, host videos, and upload content, you will probably be able to afford a mansion with a private library.

This will attract librarians.

From there... It is up to you

Buy Libraries not Lambos.

Alright Mr. LBRY fan, you convinced me. I like being able to put my (admittedly small amount of) shekels behind coins that I think offer some real-world service. I could see LBRY disrupting the entire filesharing sector much like torrents disrupted the sharing of large files. It's basically torrenting except with more security in both the file being hosted and the hosts being protected, if I understand it quite right.

How do they make money?

Is it worth buying now or should I wait for dip?