Why is pederasty so looked down upon in contemporary times compared to Ancient Greece?

Why is pederasty so looked down upon in contemporary times compared to Ancient Greece?

Other urls found in this thread:

cathar.info
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boca_(The_Sopranos)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogomilism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a sin

We've actually regressed as a society, they were much more open to homosexuals as well during ancient times.

Faggotry was hated in ancient Greece/Rome too

Fuck off sodomite

Basic Cathar Tenets led to some surprising logical implications. For example they largely regarded men and women as equals, and had no doctrinal objection to contraception, euthanasia or suicide. In some respects the Cathar and Catholic Churches were polar opposites. For example the Cathar Church taught that all non-procreative sex was better than any procreative sex. The Catholic Church taught - as it still teaches - exactly the opposite. Both positions produced interesting results. Following their tenet, Catholics concluded that masturbation was a far greater sin than rape (as mediaeval penitentials confirm). Following their principles, Cathars could deduce that sexual intercourse between man and wife was more culpable than homosexual sex. (Catholic propaganda on this supposed Cathar proclivity gave us the word bugger, from Bougre, one of the many names for medieval Gnostic Dualists)
cathar.info

bugger came from bulgar

It was ridiculed and mocked even in ancient Greece.

Nobody ever liked homosexuals. People start "liking" homosexuals when the society in question is on its last legs and about to keel over.

It was institutionalized in Ancient Greece.

Christian priesthood keeps it to themselves only while shunning everyone else.

>so looked down upon in contemporary times
Looks like you don't watch anime my friend

sexual activity in ancient greece was a symbolic representation of the forms of domination that were standard at the time, while in modern times sexual activity is a symbolic representation of (optimally mutual) desire

In case you hadn't noticed domination never went anywhere, at the very least you're dominated by your desires and the one that's able to resist the most is dominant.

I'm not sure what you think my post meant. I said "the forms..." (i.e. a definite, particular kind of form). Obviously domination in general is still around but I made no claims about domination in general.

When did sex leave the realm of domination? it is the most primal example.

Ever 69 a hoe?

>We learn that Bobbi values Junior's skill at performing cunnilingus, but that Junior does not like her to discuss this as he feels it would damage his masculine reputation in the DiMeo crime family.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boca_(The_Sopranos)

you're still reading me in a weird way. It doesn't follow that because sexuality in ancient greece was a reflection of a very particular structure of domination, and that this ideal relation no longer exists, that sexuality today does not involve ideas of domination.

The Ancient Greeks were just closer to their primal instincts which haven't gone anywhere and at best have been temporarily tamed through training until people are back in that primal state.

muh consent
muh innocent children

They weren't open to homosexuals. They had no concept for homosexuality as an identity as we moderns have. A free man was expected to desire cute females as well as cute boys. Even people only enticed by their own sex were expected to marry and produce children for the city.

In western society, ofc.

this article isnt very sourced at all. It pretty much reduces Catharism to some progressive yolo manichaeist movement with /s4s/ generated principles on sexuality. Especially the part about men and women beeing treated as equals is way trickier than that.

A French and consequently an English word emerged based on twisted perceptions of the Bogomils by the Catholic Church. The words "bouguer" and "buggery" emerged, by way of the word "bougre" in French, from the Latin Bulgarus (Bulgarian). "Buggery" first appears in English in 1330 with the sense "abominable heresy", though "bugger" in a sexual sense is not recorded until 1555.[32]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogomilism

Cathars also rejected marriage. Their theology was based principally on the belief that the physical world, including the flesh, was irredeemably evil—as it stemmed from the evil principle or "demiurge".[39] Therefore, reproduction was viewed by them as a moral evil to be avoided—as it continued the chain of reincarnation and suffering in the material world. It was claimed by their opponents that, given this loathing for procreation, they generally resorted to sodomy. Such was the situation that a charge of heresy leveled against a suspected Cathar was usually dismissed if the accused could show he was legally married.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism

In Afghanistan it's still acceptable