What's the most you've ever lost on a cryptocoin toss?

What's the most you've ever lost on a cryptocoin toss?

$50 on Strat but I'm going to keep hodling senpai

I lost a small amount trying to day trade RDD the one day, I would have held but I decided I'd make more if I switched it to another coin at the time (ended up being right). So I never really lost.

>sold EMC2 at 171 sat
>sold XRP at 11 cents
>initial buy: literally flipped a coin and took monero over ethereum

All in all I've made thousands, but it could have been tens of thousands

few margin calls on a few btc here and there over the years

About 250 on DGB so far

>JUST

>buy 10 eth at around $40
>freak out when it goes from $90 to $70 and sell
>buy back and freak out again at the $180 to $140 dip
Payed 2 eth for being a weak handed fool... I know its not a lot compared to other people but....

Sold 100 eth last night at $300 before going to bed. Thought for sure it was going to dip and I'd make a lot of money. I don't usually day trade

That picture

This thread

Nah, haven't ever lost too much

But I have not made a good amount because I sold early

15 bucks on Kidsscam.

That was the only lesson I needed to learn to read white papers and never trust Biz alone.

>buy verge at 165
>next 2 hours it immediate goes to 130s/140s

RARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lost 140K in a day once

What percentage of your portfolio?

Don't trust anything that exists primarily on yobit

$40,000

It still hurts because I'm a poor NEET living at home

$2400 margin trading like a retard when I first got into crypto

Gory details plz?

lost 0.6 btc on ZEN

Sorry to hear user. What happened? Maybe we can all learn something from it.

Fell for the PoSW meme and lost about 2k

I second this, deets pls - we can all learn something from your misfortune. Stay in there buddy, you can turn it into something positive

I didn't really lose $40k, more like I missed out on it by putting a shitton of ETH into POSW

$600 by buying some garbage coin at 2 sat

I've lost over 2 million by selling xem, xmr, eth, strat and waves too early.
My worst trading was during the early days, I'd buy at the top of the most obvious scam coin pumps and watch my btc evaporate instantly when FUD groups would attack the ANN threads.
I wanted to choke those motherfuckers

You didn't really lose that though user, don't worry. You just missed out on it. That's like a stockbroker being mad he sold microsoft stock in the 80s.

20 grand on posw and its actually significantly more than that because my dumbass sold over 100 ETH to buy it when it was 0.18$ and ETH was 50$

my life is pure suffering

I went from 4 BTC to 2 BTC in the early days of mtgox. Then mtgox imploded so I effectively lost all my BTC.

Little did I know it was going to moon a few years later.

Literally me

It's okay user. We'll still make it.

$40 on lisk a year ago

I can't tell if I'm happy I'm not alone in this pain or even more saddened that someone else got fucked like I did.

I wen't all in on swarm city at 3$ with what I had left. Least things are starting to look up finally, what about you user?

you never know, if you had kept those coins, the price may have never got that high

Butterfly effect, user

bought 60k NEOS @2ct
sold @4ct

worth now: 3,50$

I still have ~$25k total, with about half of that in Ark and the rest in ETH. Keep your head up, we'll be fine.

Yep, never again!

Except XBY. It's going to hit Bittrex and Polo anytime now.

This thread makes me want to kill myself. Why am I even here? Veeky Forums is worse than reddit... there I said it, no go KYS... you can make back your $50 getting a job at macdonalds

>lost 300 on posw
>wallet file with 300 pivx corrupted
>wallet file with 300k bean corrupted
>ssd with 220k verge shit the bed
>actually backed this one up but funds won't sync

And I'm still up 6x initial investment

I bought xvg at 230 :) :) :)
Sold at 220 (Pro tips : buy high sell low)
bought again at 217
bought again at 187
bought again at 171
and know i'm done, i've just lost 25%...
But i'm a iron hand so I will recover.

$1000 on Zencash

Bought 10,000ltc when it was at .005 because i thought the downward trend was finally reversing. Panic sold all of them at .0042 lost about 6 bitcoin.

funny thing is though I was actually very close to predicting the bottom (bottom was like .0035 which it hit a couple weeks later) and if i held onto those i would have more than doubled my btc and 6x its value in fiat.

You are a man of culture, OP.

I lost like 70 dollars on yobitscamcoins too. I was up like 300% riding some pumps but then I lost it all on the next pump.
Still waiting to transfer those dead coins back to btc for half the price.
Well, it was a fun afternoon and I learned my lesson.

I just lost 14 ETH since Wednesday

I bought 2,000 light coin back at 3.5 because I knew it would jump, but got tired of waiting and sold at 4. $60,000 out the window.

Sometimes being early is just as dangerous as being late.

Digibytes.

>tfw still haven't sold

bought 120 Bitcoin at 60 dollars sold at 87

>inb4 you still made profit

ITT: Could've been millionaires and could've been rich.

Calm down and let it go. Keeping such emotions will only make you more greedy and irrational in the future. I try to remember that at any time in the world, there are always a million missed opportunities to become a millionaire. You can't get them all or get any of them, but there will always be more to look for.

Good advice. To all anons here, I highly recommend the book Think and Grow Rich.

Once you realize that not only is money not scarce, but the most abundant resource we have, your outlook will be forever changed.

I tried daytrading and lost like 25% of my shit

Currently in the red for:

>digibyte -$150
>verge -$88

I bought ark at multiple points, and my biggest buy is negative, but overall still positive.

I'm like 2k up on ETH in the last week though, so alls good

HAHAHAHAHAHA

me too user...

i dont even look at it anymore.

i cant bear it.

hmm, i've only put 120 euros as learning tuition in this and have made my "losses" always back and i've profited over 30 euros. thats nothing in money but around 30% in 3 weeks is better than 7% a year.

i have an ark wallet with 1750, but without realizing that if you screengrab your wallet passcode, it won't show up. Locked wallet ftw.

tried to day trade a couple months ago
>sold 50 eth around 85
>panic bought at 91
tried again with similar results a week later, lost about 3 eth total

the lesson is dont short coins youre positive are going to moon

Wasted around 0.030 at betting sites. At one point got like 0.011 profit at one point - but lost them too.

It was when 1$-ish was 0.001. That all was quite stupid.