What is the purpose of human life without God? Besides eating, drinking, sleeping and masturbating

What is the purpose of human life without God? Besides eating, drinking, sleeping and masturbating.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Forms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pass on genes, die.

To shitpost

Puppers

purpose is a concept derived from the human mind. therefore life's purpose is derived from the mind of the person living it.

Why would God make life so empty that you can't even find a reason to want to live it as a thing in itself?

What is the purpose of human life with God? Besides eating, drinking, sleeping and masturbating.

It was all a dream
I used to read Word Up magazine
Salt'n'Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine
Hangin' pictures on my wall
Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl
I let my tape rock 'til my tape pop
Smokin' weed and bamboo, sippin' on private stock
Way back, when I had the red and black lumberjack
With the hat to match
Remember Rappin' Duke, duh-ha, duh-ha
You never thought that hip hop would take it this far
Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight
Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade
Born sinner, the opposite of a winner
Remember when I used to eat sardines for dinner
Peace to Ron G, Brucey B, Kid Capri
Funkmaster Flex, Lovebug Starsky
I'm blowin' up like you thought I would
Call the crib, same number same hood
It's all good

This

Nationalism. Family. Doing things that make you happy. Stop being such an ironically souless christfag. If they only thing keeping you alive and happy is god, you need a fucking life.

What else is there?

Friendship. Hobbies. Intimacies. Goals. A fucking purpose.

All of those are as imaginary as god if they aren't one in the same.

Friendship is imaginary? Genuine human emotions and contact is imaginary?

A fucking train set is imaginary?
A lover is imainginary?
And , somehow, goals that define life such as having a job, living in a better house, and raising a family are imaginary?

Jesus , My God in Heaven, &Humanities was a mistake.

>What is the purpose of human life without God?

Replace human with every other form of life.

What is the answer then? Why do you think you are special?

"Love" is 100% as real or unreal as "God".

Love is a genuine chemical that drives beings to mate. Love encourages affection and draws people closer, it is, unlike god, tangible and provable in every conceivable way. Love is the reason you exist, even if it didn't last.

Seratonin is a genuine chemical that can be derived from antidepressants, love is an idea thought up and written about in books.

You can push your philosophies and humanities all you want, "Love" is just an English word to express the feeling, its not as if "Love" is its own chemical or spiritual definition. It literally just a word to describe the sensation one feels in the atmosphere of attachment. People still feel it even when a lover or friend has passed, before they even get anything, or without even meeting them. It literally exists. Please stop moving the goalpost.

If you're in the army a love that you're not willing to die for isn't really love, and people have been writing about that since Ancient Greece. There are other words, like infatuation, doting or compassion that people use to expound on that concept but beyond that it's semantics.

Because love, like any sensation, can be dulled and calloused. Humans work that way. Nothing is eternal.

Ever hear too much of anything is bad?

My dude can you please state the original point of the thread, I'm lost.

To practice virtue.

>I'm lost

>&Humanities

I'm lost because this thread seems like convoluted bullshit no matter what you say. I'm religious but that doesn't mean im a drone with no motives aside from my scripture. You people are depressing as fuck.

But while you contemplate and cherrypick lifes meanings I'll be enjoying myself.

Can you idolize scripture?

+ Wasting your time listening to a glorified neet reading shit you read multiple times out loud and appealing to emotion.

There are people who do nothing but. If your Christian you aren't supposed to. Its supposed to be a guide,not a program to replace with your brain.

But there is infinite meaning.

There's these things called videogames and whores, they both cost a certain amount of money but they are very fun and enjoyable. Certainly more fun then intellectual masturbation.

Look pal if you aren't going to expand upon your answers and just post short platitudes that are so blunt and overused I'm just gonna stop.

Philosophers generally try and expand upon their ideas, not say something and have everyone be like "WAHT IT MEAN"

There is no purpose, you are not meant for anything, to give life purpose and 'meaning' is to give lift limits.

you can do whatever you want, there are onlychoices and consequences

Without God everything is meaningless including concepts like friendship.

How so? What leads you to this conclusion? Are you implying that people who have not been exposed to god cannot form relationships, and are just suicidal nihilists?

same as with god

The fundamentals behind a real friendship, as opposed to slavery and other forms of exploitation, exist on the same imaginary plane as all those other feel-good concepts.

If we look at life from a biological perspective the purpose is to reproduce. To carry on our gene and do all in our power to ensure the survival and thriving of our offspring and the group.
It may not sound like a very meaningful purpose but why not? Why can't that be the purpose of life? To live life and improve the quality of life of future generations.
What better meaning or purpose would you propose? If the certain purpose was simple to win souls to the Lord and love eternally in paradise doing god knows what for literally forever, since the concept of heaven isn't actually really practices or logical, wouldn't we just feel just as purposeless? Or even worse, trapped with no free will and a set formula of what we're supposed to do with our lives.
Think about it. What would you make the 'meaning of life, besides what it already is, if you were building the universe from scratch.

I like you user

Underage kids arent allowed here.
I remember when I was edgy 13 year old kid like you.
You're just embarrasing yourself.

That's basic metaphysics.

And Im a spider.
You only sound retarded when you drop one liners without explaining a single thing in the whole thread.

Life is meaningless without God, there are libraries filled with the concept. I can link you to a Wikipedia page on Plato's forms but beyond that you meet your maker alone. Boo.

you sound like a child

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Forms

Yeah sure
And slenderman kidnaps kids at night.
This is how your arguments sound like.
You just spout whatever without explaining a single thing.

An atheist is a person of so little importance for the divinity that he never even feels a calling.
Such an unimportant creature should never feel so self important so as to demand from those that at least felt a calling that they conjure up lab evidence, much less should the atheist worm be allowed to even consider talking about or to those that saw a sign, lest we witness how the least important of all humans do call the chosen insane.

The axiom of everything we do is to feel pleasure. Thus the purpose of life is to feel good. It is objective for everyone. All of our actions are predetermined by our biology and environment, and all of it has root in pleasure. Those who disagree will claim that pleasure is just a side-effect of more meaningful actions, and while this argument could be reduced to a "chicken or egg"-situation, more point to the pleasure-axiom instead of anything else.

This

>What is the purpose of human life without God?
To be a positive member of society. To do on our own; without clinging to a god and expecting it to solve our problems

t. calvinist

society is also gangs, pimps and drug dealers

The holy spirit is a stupid cunt and so are you, OP.