ETH dapps ?

Sitting here on a bag of ETH and thinking about the future and one thought that struck me was: Is there even a functional DApp on the ethereum blockchain yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM
youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0
medium.com/@VitalikButerin/minimal-slashing-conditions-20f0b500fc6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ANT

Nothing works in blockchain. Its all shit. But the normies dont know yet. Shh

>Are there any dapp demos
>Is there a lightweight offline wallet that doesn't require me to download the whole blockchain
>How many of the actual holders can program smart contracts?

Go on...

No. It's an insane hypetrain of degenerate speculators speculating on the magical future that will never come.

You should check out this interview of Vlad Zamfir, he's really level headed.
youtube.com/watch?v=bj_Qpvx-GPM

Thanks, I will watch the video now

gnt alpha
bnt demo

its bunk math

Ethlance
SwarmCity
Etherdelta

That's overly cynical (thanks for the vid btw)

Warning: Bitcoiners are out in full force to lie about Ethereum and make Bitcoin seem like the only dull option that works.

I'm so close to selling my eth for some good old fiat atm haha. This thread did not help my weak hands! Only demo-dapps so far... Hmm. Anyway, thanks for your replies ppl!

I challenge you to name one legitimate application of a DAPP other than drug market and coin exchange.

it's a giant meme. The majority of dapps would work better with traditional centralized architecture.

The only reason people have been buying ETH is because they think that the EEA has something to do with the currency.

ETH is a scam

youtube.com/watch?v=wUUVlatCvp0

Again, anything that mentions 'ponzi scheme' with crypto is fucking stupid. There are plenty of problems to overcome, but that is not one them.

Btc is money for the entire fucking world.

Eth is a platform to run meme applications.

The fact that anyone thinks that these things have remotely similar value is laughable. People buying eth don't even understand what they;'re buying, they just want to get into crypto and feel like btc is too expensive.

BTC is even't money or a currency.

It's only real purpose has ever been for criminals to buy drugs, weapons, and child sex slaves.

tell that to the people in venezuela who can still afford food because they stashed their savings in btc.

ETH is also money for the entire world. Money with cheaper and faster transactions. BTC is a store of value for people who are obsessed with limited supply

Eth isn't money kiddo. Turing completeness makes it too insecure as a store of value.

It is actually equally "dangerous" as the scripting language bitcoin uses. I can tell you've only heard the "larger attack surface" meme and have not actually ever researched it yourself.

Right. And how many times has btc had to fork due to an attacker running of with tens of millions worth?

Haha now I know you're full of shit. That was because of a bug in an application written on top of ethereum, not because of a problem with ethereum itself. This is the equivalent of calling the internet dangerous because a website got hacked.

Both BTC & ETH & crypto in general have a long way to go.

I don't see mass adoption by 2020 or while any of us are still alive.

Everyone go back to FIAT. Problem solved.

>That was because of a bug in an application written on top of ethereum, not because of a problem with ethereum itself.

And that makes it okay?

>I really love the the idea of a decentralized blockchain so im going to buy this memecoin that is centralized around a 13 year old russian kid.

>implying vitalik isnt FSB
>implying vitalik isnt russian mafia
>implying theres a difference

Have you heard of byzantine fault tolerance method to mitigate inconsistencies in distributed computing. Let me guess no because you don't know shit about crypto or distributed computing. You can only make up words that suit your agenda. Why don't you go through the series of tweets that followed after where vitalik clearly states that the method to mitigate any attacks is decentralized and follows the BFT model.

This is a good read btw medium.com/@VitalikButerin/minimal-slashing-conditions-20f0b500fc6c

I love when people link this tweet as if it's a bad thing. He's referring to the mechanism in PoS where if people stake and then try to attack the network, their deposit will be automatically deleted. It's honestly a genius way to deter attackers.

No. Maybe one or two extremely shitty useless ones, but otherwise no. ETH's value is based completely on speculation from newfags convinced it will be the world currency cuz smart contracts n sheit.

Lol'd

Another problem I see is that they can print unlimited ETH basically making every coin worth less and less. The hallmark of a shitcoin

which makes no sense because banks have already made it known they will deploy their own blockchains, not use neet coins.

dapps in general are dumb. the point of distributed computing is to split up work and do it in parallel. that's the only reason it has any value. with ethereum you have lots of computers executing the identical scripts. it's 100% a meme. it goes against software best practices like microservices too, it's a monolith.

bitcoin + sidechains is the future. that's why bitcoin is 3k/coin.

Vitalik said the inflation rate is designed to stabilize ETH around 100m circulating supply. I know you're obsessed with the "limited supply" gimmick of bitcoin but an artificial supply cap does not make necessarily something valuable - just ask all the people who mindlessly hoarded limited edition beanie babies trying to get rich.

I suggest you sell cause once Bancor is released everybody is gonna pour their ETH in that

ETH's value is not based on speculation it is risen because of the failures of bitcoin devs to come up with any logical solution. Ethereum is clearly superior to bitcoin right now because of its ability to handle more transaction which are also cheaper, smart contracts which effectively remove middle men and a large community. Unless bitcoin devs fix the issues with bitcoin i can see ethereum taking over the cryptomarket in a few months.

JUST BUY ETH and shut the fuck up!!!!!

WHEN WILL U LEARN?

Some people are destined to be poor.

>remotely similar value
>literally both are currencies you can exchange for money

Yes, that makes it ok. The DAO was literally user error, and besides nobody was forced to participate. You're no different from boomers saying Bitcoin is a scam because some guy lost his private key.

I'd argue hard deflation is actually negative for a currency. You don't want for first-timers to hold their advantage eternally, as it discourages adoption; nor do you want to push people to hold instead of spending.

This is why I stood on the sidelines for years on BTC and jumped on ETH as soon as I heard of it. Having limited inflation during the early stages followed by a constant use of gas from apps years down the line makes sense economically.

It's likely Ethereum has grown too much too fast, but the ideas behind it are much more sound than Bitcoin. Eth is practical, Btc is ideological. In an ideal world Btc should win, but in the real world I'm betting on Eth.

The issue isn't that someone fucked up and lost people's Eth, the issue is that devs decided to fork to deal with the fuck up. How is it any different than a bail-out?

Jesus Christ, Bitcoin owners are such neckbeards

>devs decided
Miners voted. Over 95% of them. To bail out the DAO.

The community, not the devs.

this. don't be so salty, tards, your funny antique ETC coin FINALLY went up a little bit thanks to big daddy Vitalik's actual viable real-world crypto mooning.

Vitalik and the main devs / foundation pretty much said they will continue development on the new chain. What did you expect everyone else to do?

The d in dapps stands for decentralized, not distributed. There are more advantages to decentralization than just distributed computing. Mainly everyone automatically having access to the same data and having a guarantee that it is correct (voting, business records).

Ethereum doesn't make every mining node execute the same script in full.

So? people still have a choice, and some even made the decision to stay with the old fork. Sorry I'm not convinced that letting a hacker keep 10% of all ether somehow would have been the right decision.

>Eth isn't money kiddo. Turing completeness makes it too insecure as a store of value.

Explain how please.

More freedom in the kind of code you can run means more vulnerabilities. BTC is purposely turing incomplete to maximize security.

Newbies think Eth is a strictly-better upgrade over BTC when this isn't the case at all. They aren't even in the same space. BTC is money, Eth is a platform for dapps.

putting 10% of all ether in a buggy smart contract is where you need to look, if you are looking for wrong decisions

but anyway "right" or "wrong", doesn't matter, what I am saying is that i wasn't really a choice, Eth development is so centralised that it will die without Vitalik / Main devs. Especially if all of them are actively developing on a eth clone. So don't act like it's some magical consensus miracle in Eth, it works like that because there is a Supreme leader and everyone follows him as they have no real alternative

Bitcoin is clearly much better where everything is in a deadlock while people argue with each other over their conflicting interests until the chain ends up splitting in 2 anyway.

btc has problems, no doubt, as does eth, but at least it's adhering to the idea of decentralization.

Ethereum is a platform for dapps. Ether (ETH) is a currency which can be used to pay for running apps on the Ethereum platform, among other things.

>ETH's value is based completely on speculation.

Bitcoin isn't? Why do you think BTC is nearly $3000/coin now? No one buys bitcoin because they want to purchase shit online, they do it because they see it as a way to make more money. Every news story ever talking about BTC is because so and so became a million or made thousands of dollars. No one cares about the blockchain.

Most of us are interesting in doubling/tripling our money, just like Bitcoin or any crypto really. We aren't buying it because we think it's going to be the world's currency or because of it's possibilities or even hype, we all buy it because we see it as an opportunity to make money for ourselves.

No one would even be interested in Crypto if it just stored our money safely and didn't gain "interest".

That's the truth.

I bought a car with Bitcoin

Who'd you buy it from a drug smuggler?

Unless you bought sub $100 sell and buy STRAT and BTC.

>no one has interest in alternatives to inflationary central bank controlled fiat currency

Inflation is a tax on cash. Governments want you to spend and invest your cash to progress the economy instead of hoarding it. An economy that only ran on bitcoin would never work because everyone would try to save as much as possible.

No.

Ethereum has literally ZERO uses.

And our economy that has catastrophic collapses every ~7 years is 'working' ?

>Governments want you to spend and invest your cash

Why should governments dictate how I spend my money? I don't want to participate in a monetary system where savers are punished to make up for the debts of politicians and central bankers

gambling dapps

>bitcoin is bad becaues its used by drug dealers and pedophiles, let's stick with ethereum instead

>Ethereum's only legitimate applications are drug markets, gambling, and other illicit uses

really activates my almonds

Sounds like it's a good idea to hold non inflationary currency then....

Unless you are buying it for DAPS that don't exist. Jeez man come on.

I think it's absurd to think the central bank and the elites haven't had a hand in creating the blockchain and bitcoin. No one even knows who the creator of bitcoin is. They could easily hide behind a made up name, Satoshi Nakamoto.

Just as those in control of the game created drug rings & prostitution rings big enough to serve their own agenda, what makes you think they aren't involved at all in the creation of the crypto?

It's much easier to control nations who are all tied in to the money system via the computer. A money system that could easily go down and be made useless in the event of a natural disaster.

Seriously, think about it. Crypto is just another way to control over the masses, no matter how you cut it.

The only away afford is to get rid of all money once and for all. People should be working together to make things without the use off money.

People have built houses and grown their own food forever without any use of money. Now everyone wants someone else to wipe their ass for them in this society...that's what the world is coming to. Crypto makes everyone fucking dumb as shit. Money makes everyone evil as shit.

Get right with God. The homeless and poor are closer to him than any money seekers.

Apply Occam's razor my friend. Some dude had an idea to merge distributed p2p system with cryptography. There is no need to assume a giant conspiracy.

I don't give a shit. Money is evil. All of it and everyone who seeks more of it is just as evil.

Money won't buy you happiness are a ticket to Heaven.

It's sad to see so many on here who are money hungry, possibly even willing to kill for a lambo.

They don't know how corrupt their minds have become.

money is just a tool. tools are not evil. Even your poorfag christian doctrine says "the LOVE of money is evil", not money itself.

No Bitpremier

Everyone investing now is best to put money into Stratis and not this over pumped piece of shit at this point.

What do you think it's called when someone focuses most of their attention & time on making money more so than God, their family, relationships, etc?

I like how you can't even provide a coherent argument for why stratis is better, other than it being cheaper. You just want people to buy the bags that you're holding.

Oh please tell me why anyone should invest at ETH now babyman.

STRAT is coeded in C# which means companies can use their existing programmers and don't have to hire entirely new teams to develop off it.

This. Anyone not buying this strat dip is a fool.

Because it's coming exponentially popular, thanks to bitcoin making cryptos more familiar with normies the mass adoption will be much more faster with ETH.

Psst.... I'll let you in on a little secret. Buy Augur.

Time is short so hurry up before the rocket leaves.

Based on what? The only reason people have been buying ETH was because they think the EEA has something to do with it. Which anyone who knows and better, knows it doesn't. New investors have more to gain from buying STRAT over ETH. Ether was made for DAPS. DAPS that don't exist. Face it.

Muhh daps

threads like this make my ETH holding dick rock hard

you can hear the terror of the bitcucks

they know they've lost, it's only a matter of time

and no, as a matter of fact, ETH and BTC cannot both exist and thrive in the market. yes they both fill different niches but guess what, i dont give a shit, im going to dedicate my ETH millions to driving BTC to zero, buying up BTC exchanges and miners and slagging them, shorting them, hiring teams of lobbysists to pass anti-bitcoin laws

because it's personal now, bitcucks are the biggest, dumbest, cringest faggots on earth and im going to dedicate my life and millions to smashing your lolbertarian fedora coin to splinters

No, idiot, it's a simple example of the power and use of dapps, the ability for multiple people to interact with the same money in a transparent trust-less way

>Ethereum Enterprise Alliance has nothing to do with Ethereum
>Ethereum has no dapps yet
>The Ethereum Enterprise Alliance definitely wont increase the chance of dapps being made for Ethereum
>Everyone buy stratis even though it doesnt have any dapps yet

What?

dapps are mission-critical by their nature, you don't want pajeet code monkeys writing them

>breathes heavily

>Augur
>rocket

topkek

>pajeet code monkeys
>using the internet

you think you're the only street-shitter on the webs, raj?

We'll see tomorrow m8 :)

>Thinking ETH is going the have bigger gains that STRAT at this point.

Thinking STRAT is entitled to big gains just because it's cheap

cant tell if troll or stupid

Yeah that's totally why i'm investing in it. Herp derp.

What! ETH is the ultimate token coin..

Can I buy Niggercoin with ETH?

Tell me you can.

I can't wait until microsoft makes their own C# blockchain and it shits on stratis

The only reason to throw money at ETH is the bet on that other idiots will buy into it.

When the bubble pops, I hope that I am there, shorting the fuck out of it.

Or preying that ETH replaces BTC. Kek