When did you realize that pic related was the Best Machine Gun of the 20th century?

When did you realize that pic related was the Best Machine Gun of the 20th century?

Other urls found in this thread:

documents.theblackvault.com/documents/SovietLosses.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When I discovered the path to true enlightenment through our Lord and saviour the Beige One.

Fuck off lloyd.

Of course it was the best. It's based Czechnology

No.

>Best mg of the 20th century
>30 round box mags in .303

It's not even the "best" LMG. I'd pick the DP-28 or MG-34 from just the WW2 era alone.

Browning M2 has been in continual service around the globe since 1917. M2HB is bet mg of 20th century

also,

When an enlightened individual from across the channel showed me the way

MG-3 or M240B

>this triggers the britbong

>small arms actually matter
>not the lgoistics, training, and strategy of the military

Small arms do matter, stop this dumb meme that they don't just because various other elements get a higher number of kills.

On some sectors of the Eastern Front small arms were responsible for 70% of casualties.

And which first world nation is using the Bren gun still as an general purpose machine gun?

Oh... oh...nevermind

Now if only Browning and MG3 would fuck and make a .50 cal with the MG's firing rate...

name three and cite your sources

Fuck off, brenfags, this is an MG-42 thread now

Can't find the tables right now, but I do have at least one source for the Winter War.

>Among the total number of wounded who were sent from the troops of the North-Western Front to Leningrad for treatment (from 1 January through 13 March, 1940), the wounds were distributed by type in the following manner:

>gunshot - 68%
>wounds from artillery shells - 31.6%
>wounds from mines - 0.3%
>from nonfiring weapons - 0.1 %.

Source: Colonel Krivosheev's book on Soviet military losses of the 20th century.

documents.theblackvault.com/documents/SovietLosses.pdf

I'm pleasantly surprised.

>A Browning with a MG3's firing rate

May I introduce you to the AN/M3?

Just dropping Ronnie the Bren Gun girl.

Sources? On Veeky Forums? Perish the thought.

Pros:
>accurate
>light for an mg
>aesthetic/ergonomic

Cons:
>30 round mags--might as well be a BAR
>Rimme cartridges
>No utility as anything other than a squad automatic weapon

sorry, OP. Best mg is either M2 or MG-34/42

usually that's the case, though

The MG42 burns ammo too fast

>frequently two MG-42 gunners would coordinate their fire. One would fire only tracers high and give the impression to the allied soldier there was room to move forward. Meanwhile the second gunner would fire lower without tracers and cut the squads advance to pieces.

>top feeding magazines
I guess it's okay, since you won't hit anything anyway firing .303 in full auto.

i know this is bait but this triggers me

mg42 is complete shit compared to the 34.

German machine gun tactics in the world wars were incredible compared to the allies.
Another trick they used was to have 2 machine guns' fire converge, basically crating a wall of bullets.

And on a barely related note my great grandfather earned an Iron Cross (basically German Medal of Honor) in WWI for his service as a machine gunner

Our superior MG-42s and 34s are easily suppressing all the Bren gunners of this thread with their 1200 r/min.

No, please don't.

okay maybe your spandau can fire fast
but the bren can penetrate tanks, fires explosive rounds and gives you the ability to stop time

dude the bren fires pommels xdxdxd!!

Today.

It's me bren gun

Weren't German infantry tactics pretty based entirely around MG deployment? Probably why they were more advanced in that aspect.

But that is not a fiddy.
Literal garbage.