Sitting at work, hear two coworkers talk about history

>sitting at work, hear two coworkers talk about history.
>history channel is my favorite channel!
>I have so much respect for Hannibal. Did you know Scorpius Africanus was the only Roman general to name himself after an enemy because of how good Hannibal was?
>Cyrus the Great was the best. That's why Alexander killed him in an honorable way. And did you ever read about how Alexander ties in with the Old Testament prophecies?
>Cleopatra was Greek, but that's only because the Romans took over Egypt after it was evacuated.
>Prior to the Spanish Empire, all wars were waged in the name of God
>The dinosaurs were invisible. Real science agrees with the Bible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eayome8veOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>history channel
>The dinosaurs were invisible.

Would the history channel have a fighting chance to be good again if it was liberated from the clutches of Disney?

I don't have History Channel where I live, care to explain why it is/has become bad? I've always only heard good things about it

endless reality shows (pawn stars, that oak island show where nothing ever happens) that have little to do with history, and endless conspiracy bullshit shows/specials (hunting hitler).

It basically went history channel -> Hitler channel -> aliens channel -> ice trucker channel and certain people are butthurt over it.

good, cool, various docs about history
boat loads of ww2 stuff
aliens and ghosts

I recall watching a History Channel episode where they were building a historic castle as they would in the middle ages

is it this?

youtube.com/watch?v=eayome8veOI

it's good regardless

Does anyone know of this?
I've been trying to find it for a few years

OMFG thank you. Yes that's it.

It's actually an interesting study in capitalism in a way.

At the end of the day, History Channel needs to get ratings. It moved towards constant shows about Hitler and the Third Reich because that's such a notorious part of history that a lot of people are fascinated/cautious of, so it got viewers. Even then it wasn't profitable enough, so they were forced to gradually decrease their standards in return for niche audiences

same thing happened to TLC and Discovery

I used to love these channels growing up as a kid in the 90s. It's all I watched besides PBS, and watching them decline through my HS years was heartbreaking

At least the BBC is still cranking out decent stuff

>The dinosaurs were invisible. Real science agrees with the Bible.
I'm not even sure I understand what this mean. Where were they invisible?

My French colleague who comes from some town in the Alps mentioned the famous story of how Alexander the Great crossed the Alps with his elephants.

I've asked him who Alexander was fighting but he couldn't remember.

Don't you mean Hannibal? I didn't think Alexander never went west of greece

>Battlefield 1 is awesome, so raw flying a spitfire around instead of a jet
Legit happened. I sperged and revealed my power level

is this satire?

>Scorpius Africanus

>Prior to the Spanish Empire, all wars were waged in the name of God
Wouldn't every ruler in Europe say that their war was in gods name? To give it legitimacy? You know "god is on our side!" And all that.

no? Alexander never encountered elephants until he got to India and promptly died in Babylon. He never even saw the Alps

You are a retard my friend.

Kek.
Veeky Forums is so strange at times.

nah, you are mixing the divine right of kings with war justifications.

Everywhere retard that's how invisibility works