Spend the entirety of the 20th century backing religious extremists in the Middle East instead of left-wingers because...

>Spend the entirety of the 20th century backing religious extremists in the Middle East instead of left-wingers because of your own Conservative and anti-Communist bias
>Wonder why it comes to bite you in the ass

Of all nations in the world, is the USA historically the worst at foreign policy?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-sent-inmates-against-assad-2013-1
nsnbc.me/2012/12/10/saudi-arabia-commits-war-crime-by-forced-use-of-prisoners-in-syria-insurgency/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The fuck is that flag?

all i could find on google in 2 seconds

The fuck did you Google? Things that look sort of like the US flag but are not?

>>Spend the entirety of the 20th century backing religious extremists in the Middle East instead of left-wingers because of your own Conservative and anti-Communist bias

They backed the secular Shah in Iran and aided the Turkish military in overthrowing their religious-minded government in a coup. And of course Israel, America's second biggest ally/proxy in the ME after Turkey, wasn't Muslim at all.

The Saudis got a pass both because they were West-friendly and because the House of Saud are genuinely the moderates of their country. Similar deal with the tiny Gulf meme states.

The rest (especially Syria) were Soviet proxies.

If that's the case, explain Afghanistan and Libya.

>his threads are better than huma-

Afghanistan and Libya aren't in the Middle East, genius.

>the people who popularised wahhabism are genuine moderates

what did he mean by this?

Largely done by private citizens instead of their government. The House of Saud is a positive liberalizing force for the country. Which should give you an idea of how bad the general population is.

Suggesting there's a better alternative is sheer fantasy of the same level Bush had when he thought a bunch of freedom-loving progressive western-style moderates would suddenly turn up in Iraq after knocking over the Baathists.

Hitler's Germany.
>ok so I promised the people I would conquer the world, best get some allies
>I know, I'll pick this small island of mentally unstable manlets on the other side of the world and the joke country that got btfo by Stone Age tribesmen in Abyssinia, what could possibly go wrong

Didn't mean it in that sense.

Why do you ignore the influence of the House of Al ash-Sheikh who control all the religious institutions?

There are documented cases of hundreds Saudi prisoners facing death by decapitation that were given the choice to be spared and have their families provided for if they are willing to be trained and go off to jihad in Syria.

Just watch the documentary Saudi Arabia uncovered. It's on Netflix

The sauds have spent tens of billions on spreading wahhabism you idiot.

I watched that documentary and that was definitely not in there.

lel

Shit, different docco then. Will try to find YouTube source because I shit you not it's real

Good troll image. The reason this flag looks so wrong to Americans is that there are white stripes on the top and bottom. Traditionally the top and bottom stripes are red to conceal staining. The arrangement of the 50 stars is also atypical. Such an arrangement was normal for the 48 star version, but the 50 star version has a more hexagonal patterning.

not that guy, but I would greatly appreciate the source of this user.

Hindsight is 20x20.

...Granted, given that this shit's been going on for over 50 years now, that's becoming an increasingly poor excuse.

However, part of that effort helped lead to the bankrupting of the USSR, which, unlike terrorists, was an existential threat. Better to be faced with some gnats than a fucking bear.

Additionally, a lot of the current chaos in the ME works in our favor, even if we haven't been utilizing that chaos very well, an unstable Middle East also allows us free reign to step in where needed to retain our currency dominance.

Besides, we got through the whole forty-four year long Cold War without anyone dropping any nukes - give us SOME credit!

businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-sent-inmates-against-assad-2013-1

This is just the first thing that popped up when I googled it. I'm not sure how reputable business insider is as a news source, but I've seen the document myself. I'll try to find something more concrete

They supported the USSR and Vietnam during WW2 and look where it got them. The US has a long history of supporting groups ideologically opposed to them and it always comes back to bite them in the ass.

The vietnam of Ho Chi Minh was genuinely friendly to the US.
If the US had asked nicely for uncle Ho to be a little less communist, he might have accepted.

nsnbc.me/2012/12/10/saudi-arabia-commits-war-crime-by-forced-use-of-prisoners-in-syria-insurgency/

Here is a more reputable source including photos of the document

Afghanistan kind of channels Iran to be honest.

Daoud Khan = Mossadeq
Commie puppet government = Shah
Mujahedeen = Islamic revolution
USA = USSR

Gernally speaking the unites states supports governments that match it's interests. Obviously it's interests change with time. In the fifties it was seen as fighting nations that would turn communist and stop doing business with the united states. Now it is nations that will stop business with us or anyone who splashes around too much.

thank you

>and because the House of Saud are genuinely the moderates of their country.

ISIS Salafism is the same shit Saudi Arabia had 1920-1980

>promised the people I would conquer the world
memery of an imbecile burger

>They backed the secular Shah in Iran
They installed him as a puppet who replaced a democratically elected government in Iran you stupid lying fuck.

WEW autism

the OP is obviously out to insult the USA, the greatest nation in the history of the world. He does so in multiple ways. That's what the image choice is about.

I mean, it makes sense. There's 10 columns of 5 stars. Why don't they present 50 stars that way?

Don't make fun of Malaysia's flag

Abyssinian defeat wasn't proof of complete impotence, though. The Ethiopians played rivalries in the West to get modern arms and had the home advantage.

See how both sides have machine guns and rifles in this depiction of the Battle of Adwa? The Ethiopians were miles ahead of other African peoples by the Italian defeat. It didn't demonstrate incompetence, however humiliating the defeat was.

Forgot to link source

inb4 autism

>historically the worst at foreign policy
sounds like you don't know half the shit people have tried

>Spend the entirety of their existence committing genocide and enslaving every country they can successfully defeat, still wage war with essentially every other country you cannot commit atrocities to or enslave, and in general just fucking kill everyone from every corner of the world for no reason at one point or another

lol. a newfag will read this and think it's not retarded

Blame the eternal frog for that one, they just had to retake their indochinese colonies and forced America to choose between them or the Vietnamese, and they STILL managed to fuck up so hard the US were drawn into a hellish quagmire just to containing he damage

Nobody's wondering that though. We know, we just don't give a fuck.

yet we're the strongest still and will probably always remain top 2-3

>bite you in the ass

What did you mean by this? Im English and there is nothing in my life that suggests I'm being bit in the arse for what my glorious country has done

>pic related

They are relatively moderate, yes. Many Saudis think that the House of Saud is not radical enough and should be overthrown. Saudi Arabia cannot possibly be more liberal than it is now because if the ruling family would try to make it even slightly more liberal and moderate they would be overthrown and replaced by ISIS-tier extremists that would make Saudi Arabia of our time look like a secular democracy. The only reason why they continue to export Wahhabism is because it is safer to keep it outside than inside.

cuz its ugly af

This. The Saudis are exporting, and really expelling, the ISIS types abroad while trying to slowly whittle down the hold the nonviolent but no less humorless and fanatical conservatives have on the country.

They hosted their own Comic Con this month, complete with men and women mingling together, cosplayers and Stormtrooper armies and Yoda figurines, and fanartists and vidya.

Great Britain desu. At least America keeps propping up irrelevant shitholes. Britain's foreign policy almost guaranteed that they would be fighting the next Continental power

>The Netherlands are looking beefy, better fund the French
>End up fighting the French for a century
>Gotta stop that rascal Napoleon, let's help the Russians
>[Great Game Intensifies]
>Better help out the Ottomans
>Germany forms because they hamstrung the French
>They end up allying with the Turks you just saved
>Alright lads, let's pile on Jerry!
>End up in debt to the US
>Don't even beat Germany properly, have to do it again
>End up an American vassal

And all this could have been avoided if they just let the Dutch sell some spices

They're both part of the greater middle east.

>Saudis are moderates

The only thing moderate about them is their willingness to whore themselves while using the money gained from the west to fund the expansion of fundamentalism.

you ever read Berenstein Bears when you were a kid?

>fund terrorist groups in the middle east and create the conditions necessary for the refugee crisis
>constantly complain about refugees/middle easterners and elect trump as president

Why are Americans so fat and retarded?

We love death. The U.S. loves life. That is the difference between us two.

The country of the Two Holy Places has in our religion a peculiarity of its own over the other Muslim countries. In our religion, it is not permissible for any non-Muslim to stay in our country. Therefore, even though American civilians are not targeted in our plan, they must leave.

Osama bin Laden

They fabricated a revolution and overthrew Iran's only democratic government because he nationalized the British oil company that was stealing Iran's rightful resources and treating the country and its citizens like shit. This Shah you are talking about was a despot btw.

>Turkish military in overthrowing their religious-minded government in a coup.
False, political islam was supported in turkey by usa, due to seculars tending to be more pro russian and pro left.
Erdogan himself was groomed by usa, he only went berserk in the last few years
And Usa supported soldiers who were far more islamist (who managed to get into the millitary branches )than erdogan to throw him out, this is one of the reason why coup was not supported by the old secular guard. They deemed erdogan less islamist and therefore less dangerous

The Middle East is kept unstable on purpose, in order to justify our military spending, and to ensure that our military is battle-trained and prepared to face a real threat.

Why is water wet?

>63 mil Abbos
>150 mil native americans
Who even makes these numbers up?

Why would anyone be retarded enough to fund SJWs like you?

I love America now

>prop up regimes that give you the cheapest oil and also buy your worthless crap
>once they get overthrown you get to unleash the military industrial complex on them, generating money and jobs for flyover swing states

It's an endless cycle of economic opportunism.

The shit we've done in the Middle East is really only half as heinous as what we did to Latin America, t b h.

The US Flag in general is ugly af. We're just used to it so it's iconic/normalized

>Implying the USA isn't happy that they get to direct part of their economy and human resources towards war and its subsequent productions, a cheap shot known to guarantee economic boost and the keeping of the population on edge.