So with my newfound gains i'd like to go backpacking

so with my newfound gains i'd like to go backpacking

any of you guys have experience with this?

do i literally just back a backpack and leave on a plane.

i suppose so right?

Try /out/ faggot

i'm asking here because of the sudden feeling of freedom because i made some money

also, i pretty much only visit biz

yeah. go live in hostels so you meet other people who do the same as you do so you have something in common

doesnt matter lol go post in /out/ autist

Where are you located? Im thinking about hiking the Appalachian trail. 6 months of nothing but nature and fresh air

i'm from belgium.

how would you stay there for 6 months?

Try /trv/

what you do is you pack a packet and go! :P
I thikn interrail is super good for backpacking if you're in Europe because it's cheap.. You can plan ahead for some of the stops. it is also nice to have one place that's a bit ''luxurious'' lol I mean with ac, pool etc.

Belgium is a great location. you can buy a low price flight to a big city and from that place go inter railing in the region. Like Belgium --> Madrid in plane and interrail in Spain and Portugal. It's super cheap

It consists of hiking the entire east coast of the US. You resupply from the towns you come across

and damn the appalachian trail looks sick

i really want to go in nature instead of travelling cities

when do you think of leaving?

most people i see on /trv/ only go for a couple of weeks

i'd love to go for a couple of months

i hope you get runover or kidnapped

Probably next april, I have to time the prime weather. I've been slowly picking up supplies over the last few months

It's a waste of money.
A night with two cheap hookers will provide better memories than 6 months of traveling around stupid cities, eating strange food, and meeting dumb people who do things slightly different than you do.

Don't listen to this. Travel and experiencing the world is actually such an eye opening experience, and you can learn a lot

t. chairman of the local tourist community

traveling is a retarded meme
"muh eye opening experiences" is just a complete bullshit nonanswer

i have to say that i agree with this guy. if you are the typical Veeky Forums autist you wont get much from travelling. i went alone and didnt meet anyone and desu seeing a famous building in real life is no different from seeing it on google images. the one up side is that i met and made out with a 17 year old slovenian girl. better off either buying something cool or getting hookers, or holding until youre in lamboland

Traveled alone with a 20l backpack for 6 months. Stayed mostly in hostels. Feel free to AMA

>Don't bring shit you dont need. Go light
>Dress like you're poor and not worth mugging
>Avoid the textbook tourist traps
>Don't make too many plans

where did you start?

what was your first goal when you started out?