Libertarianism, i.e. Taxation is Theft

What is Veeky Forums opinion on the libertarian party?
Memes like "muh taxes" and "muh roads" are pretty obvious, but is it really just a hopeless dream? or is it something we may very well one day achieve? Can mankind truly be free?

discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IHAUy9NoPfY
youtube.com/watch?v=AVKDbpYQTa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes it is theft. No it is not necessary. Yes it will always be used, however. There is no possible way of forming institutuons from within a group that supports a taxless society

Libertarian Party was full either conservatives who smoked pot, or liberals who hated paying taxes. Most of them actually wised up and voted from Trump this year.

>inb4 Gary Johnson vote tally
Ironically, those were protest votes from assblasted neocons.

Well since the libertarian party supports capitalism, I'd say there may be a chance of a taxless society that can still provide for people, granted it would have to be through charity, where it may be called a tax, it is not forced.
Charity cannot be forced.

I'll give you that, but most of the libertarian party (from what I've seen), wants there to be less government.

as little govt. as possible, but enough to unite the people for good.

You have the idealistic kind of libertarianism that takes the concept of rights to an absurd extent instead of realizing that it's a spook and the pragmatic kind that makes some good points but still, like all ideologues, tend to selectively ignore facts that don't fit their narrative.

hey it's good to have hope. and what would be points that go against the narrative?

If taxation is theft so is private property.

Half-assed anarchists

do explain how private property is theft, and of course it's half assed anarchy, its a political party.

>political party participating in state elections
>anarchists
The fuck?

I'm hardly a hard core libertarian but I'll take Johnson over Trump or Hillary any day

Johnson is by far the dumbest of the three.

About as naive as muh utopian Communism. Funny enough, both break for the same reason.

Private property just like statehood is legal fiction. All arguments against the latter can just be appiled to the former.

>but muh NAP
Spooky

I mean the philosophy of right wing libertarianism's relationship to anarchism

That's an assumption, and not a very good one

>donald trump is smart

youtube.com/watch?v=IHAUy9NoPfY

private property is really just owning something for yourself, or a small group of people, it can be a real thing, government is an ideal, it is an organization, but private property is tangible.

the NAP however usually deals with affairs with individuals, or even large groups like nations. Libertarianism can be whittled down to "You can do as you wish, but do not infringe my rights"

Trump inherited a hundred million dollars and turned it into a billion dollar enterprise, becoming one of the richest people in the world. He also won the presidential elections when his opponents outspended his campaign like 20:1, simply by smartly tapping into a forgotten electoral demographic.

Gary Johnson is a complete fucktard who fried his brain with weed and unironically uttered the sentence "If I can't find a country on a map, I can't bomb it".

What is the difference between libertarianism and neoliberalism? Because both idealogies seem to look up to the "free market" as some sort of god.

Libertarianism is a braindead free market worship. Neoliberalism is just a retarded buzzword leftists like to label libertarians with, nothing more.

Protip: if you hear about any ideology with the prefix "neo" (neonazism, neoreaction, neomarxism, neoconservatism), there's a close to 100% chance the moniker was created by an autistic leftard.

see

Property is definitely real, but the concept of ownership or 'private' is definitely as fictional as statehood.

>"You can do as you wish, but do not infringe my rights"
Rights granted to you by whom or what? Spooky as fuck. Real Anarchism is "You can do as you wish, but do not exploit me (by private property or statehood) or you will get fucked!"

Extortion.

Dude you're just explaining the concept of a taxless state. It will not happen in practicality

Taxes aren't theft. That's just an excuse libertarians use because they suck at influencing policy so the feel victimized.
Pansies

>ancoms think they look like macho working class men

>The ancoms I know are 3:1 unionized blue collar tradesmen:/pol/tard's vision of transgendered bluehairs
Really gets the noggin joggin

Where do you live?

>2017
>Still wanting to be ruled over by a government

>What is Veeky Forums opinion on the libertarian party?
The biggest meme party i've seen.
Fuck this, ill take the nanny state any day instead of these clowns
youtube.com/watch?v=AVKDbpYQTa0

>If I can't find a country on a map, I can't bomb it
What's wrong with that? You should know what country you're attacking before you do it. Johnson is still an idiot, but that sentence seems completely reasonable.

Looking at the party rather than the political philosophy, and their history, they are a fucking joke.

They have, for over 30 years, run candidates for President,consistently pulling under2% of the vote, often under 1%. They have never won a single electoral vote,though they did score one faithless elector early in their history.
In 2016, a year that saw the major parties nominate candidates with unprecedentedly high negatives in opinion polling, the Libertarians still could not break the 5% mark that would have allowed them to score some federal money. Their conventions are held in hotel ballrooms, with the dividing wall closed to make the room smaller so the crowd looks larger. They have, in three decades, developed no "farm team" of local and state candidates, and they have attracted no talented operatives skilled in running campaigns. Their political philosophy literally does not matter, because in order to have your policy positions matter you have to have some officials elected to office where they can try to influence policy.

They have none of the characteristics of a serious political party. They only exist as a meme party, and as an opportunity for people dissatisfied with the two-party system to cast a protest vote -- and, by repeatedly failing to get any real numbers of even protest votes, they undercut their own argument that a third party is something a lot of people want.

>not understanding the joke
Libertarians dont take themselves as serious as memerxists

True.

What the 3rd parties should do is forget about the presidency for now and focus on local and state politics. Then again, Donald Trump became president and he had zero political experience so who the fuck knows anymore.

>Then again, Donald Trump became president

As the nominee of a major party, yes.

>and he had zero political experience

But Conway and some others had plenty of experience running campaigns.

>so who the fuck knows anymore.

Will be interesting to watch the next few elections. Did something flukey happen in '16,when both parties nominated candidates with extreme vulnerabilities making for an atypical election, or has their been a lasting, historical shift in how elections are going to work? Can the "Trump Model"of winning an election be used by other candidates, in races for other offices? Would it work against a candidate without Clinton's weaknesses? Lots of folks have opinions on all of those-- will be interested to see who is right.

>in b4 the ancap meme

Has anyone ever actually faulted Thomas Sowell?

Has the Netherlands collapsed after legalizing cannabis?

Do we really need all these pointless wars and 20 aircraft carriers?

Other countries lacked an equivalent of glass-steagall and they never had a problem with sub-prime lending, their markets were allowed to adapt.

Does eroding essential keystones of liberty and justice really do anything to stop terrorism?

You have to threaten someone with prison or death in order to get them to cooperate with a new policy imposed on them or which they have to pay for. Is it right to just rubber stamp any decision deemed necessary for the "common good". Shouldn't we take them a little more seriously?

Libertarians are basically right about a lot of things, we do lean too much towards "statism".

I think they could have had some chance this year if it weren't for their only mainstream coverage being "Aleppo?"

>Ironically, those were protest votes from assblasted neocons.

no arguments here

Northwestern United States