Are there any beliefs, rules, morals, etc. that are consistent across all religions?

Are there any beliefs, rules, morals, etc. that are consistent across all religions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambia_people
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

don't be a dick to people?

That women are trash and inferior to men.

No, there really isn't.

Unironically this.

All authentic ones at least. Wicca and new age garbage doesn't count.

Islam exists. Your argument is invalid

Most religions allow selective dickery.

Many cultures considered a feminine divinity to be equal to a male one. Obviously it doesn't translate to equality on Earth but male dominance is more of a universal human biological and political thing than being any kind of religious consensus.

>female
>divinity

>kuffar
>people

So you just exclude belief systems that don't display this trend and they all suddenly fit the trend. Amazing.
Lots of "authentic" religions aren't that different from new age shit when you get down to it, breh. There's no reason a religion only 1400 or 2000 years old is inherently more true than one formalized yesterday.

Yeah I exclude belief systems that were tailor made to fit with the globalist agenda.

Name one religion from before the 1900s that considers women equal to men.

>AZquotes

More like KYSquotes

More like shut your cunt, woman.

t."Wiccan Warlock"

Wow if you arbitrarily exclude religions created in time periods where female equality was more culturally accepted you get a sample of religions that are more male dominated. Mindblowing.
You realize none of them are really "authentic", right?

The golden rule.

Circular reasoning, quotes from some random faggot and then calling me a woman as if it would discredit me. Men really are the unemotional, unambiguously logical gender. Don't forget to eat steak everyday and have promiscuous sex to show off how manly you are, so you can die obese and STD ridden at 60. The valuable years between now and then consist of posturing about your manliness through your religious and political identities.

We have a word for that and it's spelled fucking.

Quit kvetching and gynocide yourself with that Facebook tier comment.

I would kms if I was a woman - literally a defective version of a man.

>yes goys, do not aspire to anything more than sloth, gluttony, and lust

Maybe a car crash while doing some totally pointless shit would suit you better. Whatever you do, don't accept any critique of male behavior in your little kool kid memenazi klub xD virtues like empathy and forethought are female ofc and we must constantly deride them to show what strong white christian men we are. Deus vult n meme magix ok? xD

>sloth, gluttony and lust
>obesity and STDs
You're describing the average woman pretty much

>females
>empathy

>Tell roastie facts
>She tries to use her Wiccan whale goddess powers to curse you with STD
>Doesn't work
>Fuck you just die in a car wreck
Women. Gotta love to fuck them (because sure as hell you can't love anything else about them).

Have you actually checked the obesity and HIV rates? Drug usage? Crime? A lot of things /pol/ whines about niggers is objectively applicable to men relative to women.

Don't fuck thy mother

Google Jeju
Also the Hopi peoples

I have yet to hear of a culture that advocates sticking your penis in your mother
And these people exist
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambia_people

The sacred values or dogma must be held and accepted over your own interests

How do you know it didn't work?

*tips*

>obesity rates
Are you are actually going to pretend females aren't fatter than males?

>AIDS
AIDS is a faggot disease because it's easily contractable by ass sex - logically females don't suffer from it as much. Females have MUCH higher herpes and HPV rates though.

>gross overgeneralizations
>critique

For religions before the axial age, it was dualism, usually between life and death, creation and destruction, good fortune and bad etc.

Axial age religions are build around compassion. They're usually a response to a very violent society in which the founders of those religions lived

Not anymore, I just invented a religion that is inconsistent with every other religion.

lol i dont know about islam but ill mock it anyway

At least point out correct aspects of it to mock, like the use of an ancient idol-house as the aim of worship.

haha all religions are le same
The Buddha told his followers not to follow his teachings blindly, because they only work if they work.

>Golden meme
>One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself
>Johnny is a pathologic masochist who loves pain so he's gonna go around torturing people since that's how he wants to be treated

Show me this one in gnosticism.

Half of that shit is
1. Plainly mistranslated (confucius)
2. Not considered authorative (judaism, islam, hinduism)
3. Not even relevant to the question ("""native spirituality""", sikhism")

Also it's obvious cherrypicking. Arguing that confucianism, hinduism or judaism are in any way, shape or form promoting equality among all humans is ridiculous.

But yeah, it's probably what I'd write if I had to justify my agenda by all means.

Murder bad. Usury bad. Both fairly universal, even if the latter has been all but abandoned.

Women being inferior for religious reasons wasn't very common in the eastern religions, but it was nonetheless the cultural norm.

Self-denial in the form of aestheticism is common among most surviving religions, and that leads to a separation between the sexes in and of itself - though there are certainly exceptions.

An afterlife, be it through reincarnation or some other form, is almost entirely universal. The concept of the "soul" being somehow separate from the body.

Belief in the supernatural, unknowable, or spiritual beings in general, almost defines religion. Anything without that is generally considered a brand of philosophy.

There are some common themes and parables that keep recurring through various religions, even in areas that never had any contact with one another. I suppose, humans everywhere share certain similar obstacles and commonalities in their lives, so this isn't surprising, but if you look into it too deeply, it starts to get just about unnerving. This would be why some advocate the existence of a proto religion, or even a genetic memory of sorts. Given that the species was apparently brought to near extinction and in great isolation and inbreeding at some point, I suppose that's not absolutely impossible. Nearly all of us may have shared a common culture at some point in the distant past, and whispering ashes of it may remain in our collective.

>ctfl+f
>no perennial philosophy/prisca theologia
>no natural law

So much for my first time on /polwithdates/

Gnosticism, in as much as it is a real thing at all, is a assembly of Christian heresies with common themes. Christianity is very much about being nice to your fellow man and following the golden rule.

Yeah, who the hell would think a religion that involves actual stratification via a caste system is somehow egalitarian?

Anthropologically, religions are a product of our human pattern recognition facilities, our fascination with transcendent revelations, plus imagination.
They are all fundamentally based on the natural lifecycle of a human, they just interpret Birth, Life, and Death differently.

Basically all religions are consistent in that they are about how to live.
There's no real religions, that are based on never being born, for instance.

>anthropologically
Nobody cares about systematizers.

system administrators do.

Nobody cares.

poor you.

It's a linguistic convenience, otherwise people slip in different categories to tweak the scope of the conversation.

>convenience
t. reddit

>temple
>over sewer
someone ain't into butt stuff. what a virgin!

"Warlock" means "oath breaker", they're shunned in wicca religions. That's why warlocks are usually bad guys.

>She tries to use her Wiccan whale goddess powers to curse you with STD

Magic is only ever supposed to be used to honor the gods, so its no surprise it didn't work.

New International Version
But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne;

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure.