Deadly reminder that if this isn't your favorite album of the 60s you aren't a historian or a history enthusiast

Deadly reminder that if this isn't your favorite album of the 60s you aren't a historian or a history enthusiast

>not listening to baroque freak folk janglism

Agreed

Not gonna lie I laughed pretty hard

>& Nico

no. holy shit, if I could teleport in time and space to the filming of La Dolce Vita and smash her skull in with a brick I would without hesitating
>ho ho ho. I'm an eskimo
makes me absolutely livid

Why

have you listened to her voice? It's more jarring than cats fucking each other

>not piper gates at dawn the only good pink Floyd album.

This.

Well this board hates Germans more then their parents.I like her though

The Beach Boys are the most pleb filtering band there is

true patrician

The beach boys are the ultimate right wing band simply awsum

Lou reed,A good Jew

Is Brian Wilson /ourguy/?
>Shut in
>Chubby
>likes to speak about things he has no experience with

>>likes to speak about things he has no experience with

yes. but I like to feel that Veeky Forums out of all the boards tends to do this the least. It's WAY better here on average than Veeky Forums, plus I sense on average people read more here than Veeky Forums

They're one of them in the 60s but not more then the doors Jim put subliminal right wing lyrics he also had a 150 iq

We spend all day talking about historical periods that we will never be a part of, the nature of the board requires we are talking about things we have no experience with.

Is it /true/ they tuned their guitars to the sound of the refrigerator?

>not mentioning the doors and the who

Who?

Great bands but not the best. Honestly for me, The Velvet Underground is better than every other band of the 60s put together.

The animals are better

>not The Stooges

Reminder that heroin is the best anti opiate song of all time reminder that velvet underground had more profound things said in thier lyrics then any poet or intellectual of their day.

>im - fucking - plying

>not Johnny rivers
>not the doors
>not the Beatles
>not Crimson

>not listening to neo folk tounge rattle wiggleism

No

Official British Invasion Power ranking
Kinks>Animals>Rolling Stones>Who>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zombies>>>>Beatles

60s power rankings
VU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doors>>all British Invasion Bands

fuck yourself

I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can
'Cause it makes me feel like I'm a man
When I put a spike into my vein
And I tell you things aren't quite the same

When I'm rushing on my run
And I feel just like Jesus' son
And I guess that I just don't know
And I guess that I just don't know

heroin isn't an "anti opiate song", it's so much deeper than that
you seem to recognize the significance of the writing without actually being able to grasp it

and After Hours is the best depression song ever

>being this much of an /mu/drone

>FATHER

> not listening to fractal cord mappin Danish dawn relay play

I've been on /mu/ like 4 times, that's just objectively true

>Yes Son

Kinks are the dullest band ever who's most famous song is about sharking with trannys

Your mother

>not listening to Mongolian throat singing

I want to kill you

Yes I know it goes way deeper like the dangers of complacency but even more then that I won't go into because you don't deserve it

>Band is so technically sound that experts don't believe the 17 year old guitarist wrote the solo for You Really Got Me
>Turns out that he did
Gives me a boner every time I think about it

>not listening to Spacesound overlapping hardfunk throat farts

>not listening to middle eastern groovegrind theory politicisms

okay then try not to sound so basic from the beginning, yeah?

In its most simplistic basis it is a anti opiate song retard obviously most songs go deeper my take on it is better then anything you'll get on /mu/ and that a fact

Pale blue eyes is way better

Just reading it is amazing

PBE is a 9/10 but it's a little too specific. After Hours is this perfect balance between telling a story and making every bit of it something that you experience. the minimal amount of instruments and basic structure of it makes it feel so much more lonely too, it's almost like you're playing it to yourself. It's a perfect song when it comes to communicating the message it wants to communicate.

>the Beatles are bad meme
>the kinks are anything but below average meme

heroin isn't "anti" anything though, that's not just a gross oversimplification, you're projecting shit onto it

>not listening to Persian medieval esoteric curbmetal

>implying if the Beatles didn't exist they wouldn't have just been replaced with another band exactly like them
>Implying the Kinks weren't the best of the boring British Invasion
Honestly what makes VU so important is the fact that they were it. If they didn't exist there was no back up VU in the wings to take their place, their influence would have just been nonexistent and every successive generation of music that took from them would be different, some would be nonexistent.

What's your hot take on it then?youre just throwing words in to make yourself feel clever I already said at its most simplistic form it is anti opiate obviously it goes deeper depending on interpretation

Have you listened to sister ray? That shit sounds like it was made in the 90s I agree with you beside on the kinks I really think they were even more blander then the grateful dead.

you're being aggressively unclever
the simplest way i would look at the song is as a stark documentation of the psyche of a junkie, there's no moral of any kind, and this is actually critical