Tfw can't start your own country, anymore, since there's no land left

>tfw can't start your own country, anymore, since there's no land left
I guess the only thing left to do is to start a town on South Georgia, or the Kerguelen Islands, or something, and be practically independent.
Or do a Sealand.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_nullius#Current_terrae_nullius
lunarembassy.com/
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654045/Id-buy-moon-Former-car-salesman-claims-owns-Earths-satellite-10million-selling-pieces-lunar-landscape-buyers-include-Tom-Cruise-Tom-Hanks-George-Lucas.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallis_and_Futuna#Politics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Proving_Grounds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Equatorial_Guinea_coup_d'état_attempt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's some. None of it particularly good land, but its better than nothing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_nullius#Current_terrae_nullius

If you decide to go through with it, call me up. I'll help.

Well, all of the areas between other nations that are unclaimed would immediately be claimed if I moved there and tried top start one, so that's off the table.
I'd need enough money for a domed city underwater or in Antarctica, so that's off the table.
I'd need both money for a dome and for a rocket for space, so that's off the table.
I think I'll just move to the Kerguelen Islands, if I ever really want to try. Do you think France would let me? Do you think I could convince 50~ French fishing families to move with me?
Wouldn't that be the dream?

You should found a honest dictatorship, user

I don't necessarily want to be dictator. Duke would be good, though.
I could probably be elected and reelected again and again, though, if I actually founded this little town on Kerguelen, and if I ran it well.

>Doesn't want to be dictator
>Elected over and over again
I like your politics user.
7/10 would live in country.

Man, imagine it.
I'd build a little port with a great, beautiful, lighthouse, then a townhall and church nearby. A mall-type thing, with most of the stores, a public pool and gym, a small movie theater and arcade, then a little school, all of the little businesses, and most professions that you'd need at least one of, like doctor, teacher, and electrician, might have an apprenticeship-type system. All other jobs would be fishermen, sheep and reindeer(did you know they have wild reindeer, as well as wild sheep?) herders, cabbage farmers(and their own indigenous cabbage?), other farmers with greenhouses, and loggers(I'd plant tons of trees, to try to lesson the dependence on outside resources).
Since there'd be so few people, I could set up my own little system, just me, the mayor and governor, a few senators, and those I'd appoint, just a head policeman, a single judge, a deputy mayor, you know.
Man, if I was a good leader, I could rule over my beautiful little small town 'til I died.

Anyone else have some feels about things they can no longer realize, or want to start a nation? Either topic is good for this thread.

> start a GoFundMe for Veeky Forums to purchase enough land for a small nation

> would actually donate the hell out of that

>purchase
Do you really think France wouldn't just let you start a town, if you had the people for it? Of course, actually starting your own completely independent nation would be impossible, since the owner of the land would immediately send literally two soldiers, who would shut your shit down, easy-peasy, but starting a nearly independent colony wouldn't be that hard, if you had the people, I'm certain.
If I ever actually did this, fellow Veeky Forumstorians and /a/nons would definitely be on my list, after French fishermen and sheepherders.
You'd need a wife, though, and you'd need to be willing to have at least two kids, which would instantly disqualify most of us, including myself.

you could go to space and claim an entire planet

Need money, man. Plus, I'd have to wait for 50~ years to get the technology.

The abyssal plain is unclaimed by all and liable to hold many valuable mineral resources and fossil fuels like methane.

Engineering a structure that can handle deep sea pressure is not a difficulty for modern man, but the expense drives most away.

Not in this solar system

lunarembassy.com/

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654045/Id-buy-moon-Former-car-salesman-claims-owns-Earths-satellite-10million-selling-pieces-lunar-landscape-buyers-include-Tom-Cruise-Tom-Hanks-George-Lucas.html

Who here lives close to open country side? Lets do this and make Veeky Forums history.

LARPers, there is no state sovereignty and thus no property rights on the moon or any other celestial body.

>It's a bit like in the old west: Who stakes their claim on a piece of land first, gets the best property. This is modeled on old american law. Such a claim must be registered with your local Governmental Office for claim registries. In regard to Lunar properties, it obviously helps, if this is also done in the USA, as the Americans were the first to walk on the Moon and plant their flag on it (ie it could be argued, that if the Moon ever belonged to anyone, it certainly belongs more to the USA than any other nation).

This is making shit up and hoping it sticks really hard.

/pol/ has started this shit numerous times. It's better off just fantasizing about it.
If you could start a nation anywhere, where would you choose? Select something the size of Switzerland, at most.
And what would your government be? Remember, you'd start out with only 50~ families, so it can't be too big.

A small island. Saint Kilda, Tristan da Cunha, Malta, something like that. The government would of course be constitutional monarchy.

>sealand

The government staight up annexed it. Its over.

>Saint Kilda
Already has people, plus it's be too close to Scotland to make ourselves independent.
>Tristan da Cunha
Already has people, they're extremely inbred commies.
>Malta
Has tons of people.

Like I'd said, the way to go about it is to get some money together, convince 50~ French families, and move to the Kerguelan Islands, with France's consent. Build a small town, then start working on isolating the introduced species to certain areas, so the native species can survive(Our promise to do this could be what convinces France to let us settle it), do a good job building it up for 40 years, become the autonomous territory of the Kerguelen Islands, Crozet Islands, and St. Paul & Amsterdam Islands(Make the Scattered Islands part of Reunion), and hold an election, asking the satisfied people to let us be officially Dukes.
Probably stay as French Territory, at least for the military protection, but be practically our own nation! Man, isn't that the dream?

You've got to remember there's a reason that place is uninhabited.

Could you hold an election to become dukes?
I mean, I guess it probably depends on some laws of the country with the election, so you could probably put it in their, as a possibility.

>their
*there

You have to fight this man first.

Daily reminder the Nation-State and Nationalism, ascendancy of democracy, demise of monarchy, centralization of governments, global agreements, and expensive, modern armies requiring centralized government upkeep killed the days when all you needed to start your own state with is a bunch of armed buttfriends.

Bir Tawil and Marie Byrd land are availble.

But like any faggot State, the States/PTB whose interests are bordering on these unwanted regions, still don't want any outsider upstarts to come in and annex it. Faggot states.

IIRC Egypt and Sudan have colluded to expel people who have tried to lay claim to Bir Tawil. Neither of them wants Bir Tawil, but both of them want to deny it to anyone who would attempt to take it. Likewise I'm pretty sure that if some consortium (this is what it would take, resources, navy, etc) laid claim to any or all of Marie Byrd Land, that this would /at best/ be barely tolerated by the international community, and at worst, the anglo powers (USA and Australia, maybe UK) and the local SA powers (chile and Argentine might theoretically even cooperate with the above powers in such a scenario) to expel any settlements/new interests in Marie Byrd Land.

>non-state entities founding countries is over.
Just posting this here.

Obviously the French Republic doesn't issue royal titles

They haven't founded shit if they haven't even won yet.

Your best bet would be to hold a coup in some African shithole and make yourself king, it happens all of the time so no one would care

It has kings and chieftains under its command, Wallis and Futuna have there own kings, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallis_and_Futuna#Politics

Also the president of France is a Co-prince of Andorra, making it one of the only elected monarchies in the world and leader of two nations.

*their

>ywn start a colony on the Kerguelen Islands
>ywn, after a good forty years of strong development, invite the rightful King of France to be your ruler

>get rich
>buy island in Caribbean
>fund local politicians
>nobody can snoop on you because the entire landmass is private property
>nobody can get the evidence to intervene further because of all your pet politicians
>do whatever you want

2ez

I don't want a country to be able to do whatever I want, I want to be a leader of a small nation. I want my name on the map, man.

Those are shitty examples but you're headed in the right direction with the small island talk

So, let's talk about other small islands that were colonized. How do you guys feel about the Falklands?

You'd stand a pretty good chance in Antarctica. Go there to under the guise of research and after a few dozen years of continual habitation, claim it as yours.

Then just prey they dont discover oil there

>I could do all these things, if only I had power!

Welcome to the problem every despot has. If you had the power to claim a significant patch of land, you'd probably have the military might to take it from a lesser African nation. Maybe it already happened, and there's some American or Chinese Illuminati group of sorts behind the government of some third-world African shithole.

Sealand should be nuked

The fucking ocean should be nuked

But, again, I'd need money, man. Tons of it, for a self-sustaining colony down there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Proving_Grounds

Well you could always hire some merceneries and try to take over some shit like gambia.
It would be rather hard and UN would kill you with sanctions but you could rule for some time

>wanting to rule over a shithole
I'm already King of my Porcelain Throne, so I'll pass on the Africa.

Purchase it from who? How can someone own land that isn't part of a country?

He's a big guy.

yea, on a cold wet windblown wasteland you cant grow jack on, not even trees unless its in between buildings. they tried that once, those people got sick and mostly died along with their sheep. also that place looks heavily depressing

Hire a bunch of mercenaries and stage a coup in a small country.
Just make sure you can fuck off in case things go badly.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Equatorial_Guinea_coup_d'état_attempt

They have plants, and greenhouses as well, for the scientists there now. Those people didn't have our modern technology to keep them warm, plus their sheep were unable to get used to the southern hemisphere's seasons, and died very often, which they weren't prepared for.
People live off sheep, reindeer, cabbage, and greenhouse goods there now fine enough. Plus I'd bring enough good fishing vessels, so that's even more. Just increase the scale of current farming and herding, and it'd be fine.