Cuneiform/Ancient Language General

What's the best way to learn Cuneiform-using languages (Akkadian, Assyrian etc.) outside of university? Are there any free good ones? are any of them online or do I just have to find books and teach myself? Can you break down the differences between the ones we know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

lexicity.com/
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk
twirpx.com/files/languages/
languagelinksdatabase.com/free-language-resources/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being this autistic

Read the Bible if you want to learn bout these ancient civilizations.

see

This board is Asperger's territory, pal.
Mosey on back to riddet, if you don't like it.

&humanities strikes again, another soul saved from the sin of Historyism

Am I going to get any real help or are you fucker just going t turn this into another &humanities banter loaf

holy shit excuse my bad typing

> reads cuneiform once

You're retarded.

lexicity.com/

>lexicity.com/

Holy fuck thanks user

There goes my summer

Is there something like this for modern languages too or is duolingo still my best bet on that front

I think you meant, there goes my

SUMER

amirit

back to
>>>kindergaten

Duolingo is good for vocabulary and basic grammar but its not the only source you should use. Memrise uses the same system and has more variety.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk
twirpx.com/files/languages/
languagelinksdatabase.com/free-language-resources/

I've done 4 courses on Duolingo and the grammar seems extensive. It isn't good for vocab or idioms, but I just need to eat a dictionary for that.
What grammatical concepts does it not cover?

You guys are figuratively the fucking messiah
I'm a rabid amateur linguist and can't get enough of this shit

If I'm looking for challenge, what languages are good that aren't Indo-European or don't have lots of loan words but are still somewhat practical (e.g. Finnish, maybe?)

Its just me being a grammarfag. With duolingo you practice the grammar but I think you should study it separately with actual grammar books. Some courses have lots of grammar tips but its not the same thing (also as far as I know the app doesnt include grammar which makes it trash). Its still a great site but ideally you should try several resources at the same time. Try Assmil or Linguaphone and also Michel Thomas (this one is audio only)

>1363 languages
>10-15 GB
*inhales*
BOII

lol

>It isn't good for vocab or idioms
But it literally is good exactly for that.

>but I just need to eat a dictionary for that
Please don't ever do such a retarded thing as reading a dictionary from cover to cover if the aim is to learn a language.