Is there an example from history of a greater champion of the people and paragon of virtue than this man?

Is there an example from history of a greater champion of the people and paragon of virtue than this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

King David.

/thread

did someone say virtue

no real people

What good did Italian unification actually do for anyone?

Two Sicilies would probably be the poorest country in Europe if Risorgimento didn't happen. Doesn't change the fact that Garibaldi(well, Nino Bixio actually) and the Savoys were still cunts that didn't really care about developing this place at all.

t. Sicilian

the sici..well, the fr....hmm...Capua had...

shit, I guess it was much ado about nothing after all.

I looked up the figures and Sicily's present GDP per capita is lower than Azerbaijan as i expected.
you can't always change cultures by changing borders.

For me what's admirable about him is not so much what he accomplished, but how he accomplished it.

that is a horrific way to judge human beings.

wasn't the kingdom of two sicilies actually rich?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an expert but southern italy has always lagged behind.

Topkek.
"Statuto speciale", and you have your own Constitution, all of Italy sees how well it worked for you.

You don't have to look too far desu

He did not unite the kingdom

but he did champion the people, as OP said

I think that even the first railway was built in the south, and the gold reserve of the two sicilies was bigger than any other italian kingdom.

The UK needs to be broken desu.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Italy#Southern_and_Northern_Italy_in_1860

In our defense, Azerbaijan has some of the richest oil reserves in the world. I guess we've an higer GDP per capita than say, Poland, but that isn't saying much. The problem is that we don't really produce many goods here, and the (legal) economy consists almost entirely on tourism and gov jobs.
Our problems go way beyond the Risorgimento and even the Bourbones. I don't want to we wuz, but the last time this place was ever actually important was in the 1200's with Frederick II.

It kinda was, but the issue is that in 1859 it still was effectively a feudal state, so we lacked modern infrastructure as well as heavy industry, and much of the population was still poor and illiterate(while Northern Italian countries were experiencing good literacy rates at the time). I have little doubts that if the Kingdom of Two Sicilies continued to exist, it would have fallen even more behind the rest of Italy and Europe very quickly.

this is a fair and honest assessment and good argument for what Garibaldi did.
my original question has been answered
>tfw everything's been downhill for sicily since they killed archimedes.
>tfw sicilian poverty sent all those swarthy italian beauties here to america :)

>tfw my grandpa bombed the fuck out of Sicily in 1943

As a Catholic of Italian descent I will always be butthurt at the indignity done to the Pope during unification. He should have been allowed to keep Rome. I don't give a shit about Italian nationalism.

Attacking the Papal States was fucked up, don't really care other than that.

>Stele is generally accepted by scholars as genuine and a reference to the House of David.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Dan_Stele

>literal bandit

kek

Never abandoned Constantinople and its people despite knowing their inevitable doom and fought until the bitter end.

Campania FĂ©lix

It is actually ironically Maximilian, L'Incorruptible.

Well it made southern middle class insanely rich as they were buckling under the incredibly powerful aristocracy of the Bourbon Kingdom. But the Piemontese greatly misunderstood the problems in the South and decided to treat it as a colony rather than apart of Italy and therefore you get poverty and from there you get crime.

>not rooting out the cause of Italy's misery
ISHYGDDT

DIO E POPOLO

>after a hard day's work of unifying Italy, Garibaldi goes home to relax...
>...only to discover his home is now in France
King had a sense of humour, I'll give him that.