Why does everyone ignore the median empire and claim the Achaemenid empire as the first Iranian empire?

Why does everyone ignore the median empire and claim the Achaemenid empire as the first Iranian empire?

No one claims the Achaemenids as the first Iranian empire, but first Persian empire.

Also, what is left of the Medes today don't even care since they are all Turk LARPers.

Achaemenids are a continuation of the Median dynasty anyway. Cyrus the Great is the last Median ruler's maternal grandson.

There are no modern Medes. If you think Kurds are Medes that theory has been debunked many times over.

>Why does everyone ignore the median empire

Because it was neither the highest of the high nor the lowest of the low but strictly in the middle.

I am talking about Azeri's, Iranian Azeri's in particular.

They used to speak a Iranian language called Adari/Azari but it got turkified with the Safavids and apparently had close resemblance to Median. Talysh and Iranian-Tati is what is basically left of it.
Hell, the name "Azerbaijan" is derived from the name given to the Median vassal-region of the different Persian empires called Atropatene, but it got corrupted with the centuries but still hold the same meaning (Land of Fire).

Azeris being genetically proven to be Medes was academically accepted when? I'm aware Azeris hertiage both culturally, ethnically, and genetically is that of Iranians from that area before a large portion of them were Turkified much later but I have never heard of the ancient Medes being associated as their ancestors.

>Safavids
Also they weren't Turks.

>Azeris being genetically proven to be Medes was academically accepted when?
Never since they don't even care about their own heirtage and are gonna LARP about "we wuz Oghuz n sheit".
But historians agree about the origin of the name and linguistic scholars make the connection about their language.

>Also they weren't Turks.
I know, I am saying that during their period with their wars with the Ottoman empire they had an gradual increase of Turkish migrants that gradually changed the language.
Turkish replaced the old Azeri language in the big cities while it survived in the rural suburbs and gradually became Talysh and Tati.

because nobody likes kurds

>tfw no one thought your pun was funny

They were as much an empire as the HRE

This literally makes no sense.

Azeri's are Persians though. Just Persians with a turkified culture and language. They're not turks genetically

They aren't as much Persian as other Iranian minorities, like Gilakis, Balochs, Kurds, etc.

They used to have their own language which was a NW-Iranian dialect called Azari/Adari (pic related) but it went extinct thanks to the heavy turkification of the region.

Oh, I thought they were Persians who migrated to the north west, and due to their geographic isolation avoided the arabization or rapings that Persians did, which is why modern day Azeri's look more indo-european than modern day Persian's do

More like, medeocre

I don't think Persians intentionally went around wiping out their fellow Iranic kin. Also to add that anyone who thought Kurds are Medes ignores the very well known fact that the Azeris were still living in Atropatane and Kurds were already a distinct ethnic/nomadic group of Iranic people that the Arsacids (Parthians) and Sassanids (Persians) had forcibly put down repeatedly in the 2nd and 3rd centuries.

On a side note, Herodotus claims the Medians originally called themselves " Aryans" but changed their name in honor of Madea the Colchian. (wife of Jason of Argonautica)
What did he mean by this ?

Aren't medians basically an extinct branch of Iranians? Kurds Wewuz as them but this has been debunked by historians.

They stuck around for a while to the point where it was noted many of them were early converts to Christianity... this makes them... Armenian?

Too much of a reach, since Christianity wasn't really a ethnoreligious thing among them.

However, some of the rulers of what remained of Media were of royal Armenian descent thanks to Parthian shenanigans.

this is a good post

Read the second book of Chronicles.

God raised up the Persians to overthrow the former powers (Medes, Babylonians, Egyptians and Assyrians).

Before that, Persians were just a vassal state for the Median empire.