Dude, theres no god

>dude, theres no god

I can understand not believing in God in a personal manner. But to claim unequivocally that there is no God shows yet still some want of wit.

You don't even understand all the intricacies of how your own body works or the entirety of physical laws. No human being has ever gone farther off the Earth than the moon. Knowing so little about the nature of existence, it's the height of folly to assume and moreso to state that something is non-existent even if it is not probable.

For a long time people thought the Earth being round wasn't probable or that humans flying through the air would never happen. All of human history has been a shattering the one illusion after the next. If you're honestly going to state that without a doubt there is no God it shows a lack of nuanced understanding.

Look at quantum physics and string theory and see how weird shit gets I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all but there could be some sort of prime mover. Shit, just the fact that existence is extant instead of not existing at all it's proof of something, and things have a form and reality follows certain laws that have to have been imposed by something or else existence would have no form and just be I don't even know what.

tl;dr: saying you don't know is the only honest and mature answer

dude. there's no god.

I can understand believing in God in a personal manner. But to claim unequivocally that there is God shows yet still some want of wit.

You don't even understand all the intricacies of how your own body works or the entirety of physical laws. No human being has ever gone farther off the Earth than the moon. Knowing so little about the nature of existence, it's the height of folly to assume and moreso to state that something is existent even if it is not probable.

For a long time people thought the Earth being round wasn't probable or that humans flying through the air would never happen. All of human history has been a shattering the one illusion after the next. If you're honestly going to state that without a doubt there is God it shows a lack of nuanced understanding.

Look at quantum physics and string theory and see how weird shit gets I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all but there could be some sort of prime mover. Shit, just the fact that existence is extant instead of not existing at all it's proof of something, and things have a form and reality follows certain laws that have to have been imposed by something or else existence would have no form and just be I don't even know what.

tl;dr: saying you don't know is the only honest and mature answer

How bout Santa Claus? Is he real?

he might be. I can't prove he's not.

I've never searched the entirety of the North Pole

>For a long time people thought the Earth being round wasn't probable

People have considered round a likely option for as long as they considered the earth as an object with a shape at all.

> that humans flying through the air would never happen.

The sheer amount of attempts made to achieve this proves otherwise.
I actually agree to the point that to claim unequivocally that there is no God "shows yet still some want of wit.", but I feel your arguments for the claim are weak.

Let me posit to you Ikwillix, Eater of the Divine, Theophage Incarnate. Any time anything remotely describable as divine comes into existence, Ikwillix instantly devours them, consuming their divine essence.

Since you came prove he doesn't exist, I'm going to hold him up as proof of the non existence of God; even if they once existed, they don't anymore.

Holy shit, what does he look like?

These are just examples of things that people might have thought impossible that turned out to in fact be true.

A smattering of people may have thought it possible for the earth to be round but I am talking about the mass majority of the human population. Likewise a smattering of people may have attempted to fly in history, but for the most part nobody ever thought that humans could.

I can't prove that he doesn't exist but you can't prove that he does so that's no proof at all it's just your belief.

it must be hard being raised a christian in the age of information. sorry, OP.

Im Agnostic

Why were gnostics so persecuted even doctrinally if there is no God?

Gnostic texts: Do not give alms, don't pray, spiritual sex.
Bible: Give all you have, never cease prayer, don't fuck.

It is not plausible that there's a god. Better?

Yes, but remember it wasn't possible for Donald Trump to become president of the United States either, yet here we are.

god is just that thing that gets you from one step to the next

>god

Why would you use the same word to describe some metaphysical prime mover and a character in an iron age myth?

When I say I don't believe in god, I mean there is nothing I believe in that I would describe with that term. Sure you can say "but what if God is like, everything, man," but that's dumb. All that shoes is that the word doesn't mean anything.

>but remember it wasn't possible for Donald Trump to become president of the United States

His odds going into the election were about 20%. If you think 1 in 5 is "not possible" then I'm surprised you survived childhood.

>But to claim unequivocally that there is no God shows yet still some want of wit.
I can say there's no boogeyman under my bed even though I haven't actually checked.

>prime mover
Not god.

>it's proof of something
It's proof that you perceive what you believe to be existence.

You're just playing some sort of tautology where you define the phenomenon of the laws of physics or creation as god. So the big bang is god. Or the laws of quantum physics are god.

God has a fairly specific cultural connotation that goes beyond the mysteries of the universe. In fact, god had meaning before it got taken over by YHWH, and meant something other than what you're imagining. This is just trying to ascribe the label god to things whether or not it fits and could be aptly described by another label.

I'm pretty sure that a cognitive, conscious, all powerful creator of everything with will and intent doesn't exist. Enough for me to say it doesn't exist in pragmatic terms. If you want to get down to the epistemology of you don't know nothing, there's a lot of other things I can truly never know.

Honestly, even 2% is still in the realm of possibility. That's 1 in 50, and we've had 56 elections.

Since we don't know for sure, we should worship Santa Claus just in case.

I get presents from him every year. That's more proof that he exists than I have proof that god exists.

>missing the point this badly

maybe you should just stick to memeball threads.

>you can't know nuffin
There's far more insightful and interesting philosophy in the field of epistemology than the retarded prattle you just spat out.

You can say there's no Boogeyman under your bed, but until you check you will not know for one hundred percent certain.

I didn't mean to say that God could be the big bang or physics or anything like that. When you say there is no God does that mean just the Christian God, or does it mean any sort of deity whatsoever?

Like I said I'm agnostic. I'm not arguing for or against the existence of the deity. I'm just saying that on either side of the dividing line nobody can ever really know, so to say that you don't know is the only reasonable response

a word of caution, when you use multisyllabic words to try to sound smart, throwing the word "retarded" in there usually negates any claims you have on an enlightened view.

I actually like your thinking and agree for the most part, but I feel a bit hypocritical. Most atheists (and myself) believe in alien life somewhere in the universe, despite there being no direct evidence for it. If someone came along who didn't believe in aliens, and their conception of aliens was "little green men in saucers" well of course I'm going to be frustrated because they're unknowingly strawmanning at that point and probably making a lot of appeals to ridicule and incredulity that don't really discredit the possibility of alien life existing. I can see how a theist might feel similarly frustrated. Affirming the nonexistence of something is not a negative claim, or at least it doesn't really carry any less burden of proof than an affirmation of existence.

>you can't know nuffin

Whether humans can have true knowledge is a legitimate question in epistemology, fuck the intellectually lazy faggots that perpetuate this meme.

>don't fuck
The Bible preaches against carnality, vice and temptations of the flesh, nowhere does it say that sex in and of itself is wrong.

It uses sex as goal to get the population to do what it wants.

>You can say there's no Boogeyman under your bed, but until you check you will not know for one hundred percent certain.
If I look I can't be 100% certain. Have you even studied epistemology because your arguments are weak as fuck?

You try constructing sentences with only monosyllabic words. The only remotely difficult word in the sentence you got triggered over was epistemology, because epistemology is the correct word.

>There's
>far
>more
monosyllabic
>insightful
Is this really a hard word for you?
>and
monosyllabic
>interesting
>philosophy
Are these hard for you too?
>in
>the
>field
>of
monosyllabic
>epistemology
The theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope.
>than
>the
monosyllabic
>retarded
>prattle
Wow, such big and complex words, too big for a retard such as yourself.
>you
>just
>spat
>out.
monosyllabic

I'm sorry you're so retarded.

I'm saying there's actual legitimate arguments about "you can't know nuffin" in the field of epistemology compared to the retarded intellectually lazy shit OP said.

>saying you don't know is the only honest and mature answer

Based on my experiences and learnings, I "think" it's unlikely that any individual's specific version of their god is Reality.

However, I can't state with certainty that somehow, even with all the conflicting views in all those people, that all their versions are true.

There might be a god and god might be a slug, or a turtle.

I'm uncertain even of my own uncertainty... I'm in a perpetual "I'm not sure" mode, but I have opinions on everything based on what I see is clean, not perverted.