Why didn't Spain bring women with them when they were conquering the Americas...

Why didn't Spain bring women with them when they were conquering the Americas? Then they wouldn't have had to rape the native women and they could have colonised it like England did.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_del_Toro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who is that cum drum

The Spanish were conquering and the English were settling.

That is what I am asking, why didn't they want to settle like England did?

because the people going to the americas were people that had nothing
also why would you reject some nice native pussy

Where's the fun in that

They were specifically out to loot and rape and bask in the glory of conquest and subjugation.

You asked why they didn't bring their women. Another point to bring up about that is that a lot of the Spaniards were younger and unmarried.

Rape is evil and very unchristian.

They just wanted to extract resources (gold, silver etc) and go home to their beautiful wives.

The English had nothing to go home for - shit women and shit food make for a powerful seafaring civilisation.

I would say that it may be almost a cultural thing
some kind of Fernando Martinez syndrome

remember that Spain was a very diverse country in that time

geez user, it is not rape if it's consensual

>Rape
More often enough, it's the officers and elites among the Spanish colonists that marry into existing native elites to stabilize their hold of the land.

Many of the great landowning families in Latin America and here in the Philippines started that way.

It is unequal due to the Spaniards white privilege so the natives can't properly consent.

>Spaniards
>white
>XV-XVI century spaniards
>white

Depends where in Spain they're from tbqh

Yes, white

>It was the Spaniards who gave the world the notion that an aristocrat's blood is not red but blue. The Spanish nobility started taking shape around the ninth century in classic military fashion, occupying land as warriors on horseback. They were to continue the process for more than five hundred years, clawing back sections of the peninsula from its Moorish occupiers, and a nobleman demonstrated his pedigree by holding up his sword arm to display the filigree of blue-blooded veins beneath his pale skin—proof that his birth had not been contaminated by the dark-skinned enemy.[13]

WTF? Spain is racist

>It was the Spaniards who gave the world the notion that an aristocrat's blood is not red but blue
Wrong, that was the fucking Goths.

ok, they were white compared to dark north africans
although half of the country was mixed with those swarthy moors for centuries

not the blue blood thing but the concept of "white" as a superior ethnity (although they related white with being spanish) starting the base for scientific racism

i fact that could literally be said about any country but always seem to fly over the /int types

>not the blue blood thing but the concept of "white" as a superior ethnity
"Scientific" Racism started in the 19th Century, with Western Europeans.

As for spain, the shitty Race Caste system was in the 18th century. And was almost nonexistent since all the Spanish throne ever cared about was that their subjects were 1) Catholic and 2) loyal to the King.

Furthermore, by that point in time, usually guys coming from Spain tend to be poverty ridden fucks down on their luck. How can these assholes with their pure Spanish genes be superior to - say- landed colonial gentry of both Spanish/Mixed Breed heritage with old names dating back to the Conquistadors? It was laughable in practical terms.

>landed colonial gentry of both Spanish/Mixed Breed

Delusional as fuck lmao, you think a wealthy up and coming man is going to marry an ugly squat instead of some spanish qt?

The richest a spicztiso got was upper middle class and even that was rare.

Because the english settlers were looking for a new place to live because england was not puritan enough. The spanish conquistadors just wanted gold and other riches.

I thought the puritans were sent against their will after the civil war

If I wanted to journey halfway across the world to plunder and kill in a tropical land the absolute LAST thing on my mind would be bringing my wife.

me

They just wanted the gold and silver. Didn't really care about settlement until later.

I wan,t to have sex with you/

Gay twat

shoe

on

head

WRONG

More mouths to feed and more people to protect than their logistics could afford.

Their goals were trade and military conquest.

Us Chinese did bring wives and concubines on our travels during Zheng He's treasure voyages because we were rich enough.

Not at all. They moved to Holland, didn't like it, and came to Massachusetts

dumb slutposter

>Leaf
Anyway Colon demanded Isabel to hire around 50 whores for the journey. She declined and instead doubled the amount of priests to the expedition

Also the places the Spanish conquered had a significantly higher native population than the few remaining tribes of the American east coast.

>and the English were settling.

so the Spanish were unsettling?

source then?

chloechattty

Ever heard of Uruguay?

>Then they wouldn't have had to rape the native women and they could have colonised it like England did.

Seriously? If you believe they would have stopped raping other women because they were raping their wives--when their wives said no--you are sadly misguided and naive.

When some guys don't have any women around, they turn on other guys; or for any hole on which to "blow their rod's load." Drunk guys have little to no inhibition--shame--when they get wasted. Surprised you haven't run into one of these guys. I've had the misfortune: but I escaped the ones I hung out with by moving far away. I could never predict what they would do when they "lost control"--lost their inhibitions--when they started drinking.

>what is argentina and uruguay

this is actually it. I don't know much about spanish colonialism but if you compare the English to the French this is one of the main differences. Britain saw the colonies as an opportunity to export their religious dissidents, whereas France tried to send good Catholics. This - in combination with greater population pressure in Britain - is why, by the time of the Seven Years' War, the population of New France was around 70 000, compared to 450 000 in New England.
Plus, yeah, the Spanish didn't really have a long-term view of their Empire - they never got past the mercantilist approach of plunder-as-much-precious-metal-as-possible.

>whereas France tried to send good Catholics
I was under the impression that like 90% of Quebecs population comes from Parisian thieves and prostitutes

England was an exception because it was going through much worse internal conflict including civil war at one point. In Europe, France had like 4x the population of England yet in the new world the situation was the opposite.

In France you had people who would rather live as starving peasants in Paris over relocating to Canada. The Huguenots wanted to settle the current day united atates (same motivation as english puritans) but they were BTFO by the Spanish in Florida and later foribidden from further colonisation attempts

Why didnt the normans do that as well?

Nice blogpost you literal faggot.

Why did Latin America develop a standard where the slightest White admixture rendered one White, whereas Anglo-America developed the one-drop rule?

Angloshit propaganda. They are Bretons and Normans.

Rape isn't about sex. It's about control.

They could've brought their wives and they'd still have raped their way across the continent.

>Why did Latin America develop a standard where the slightest White admixture rendered one White, whereas Anglo-America developed the one-drop rule?
everybody wants to be white
in 100 years when whitey is gone they will be remembered as gods and asians will assume to be their descendants

Even the most well-bred, conquistador-descended Hispanics look more-or-less brown to me.

look again

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_del_Toro

>Delusional as fuck lmao, you think a wealthy up and coming man is going to marry an ugly squat instead of some spanish qt?
2 factors
1)Spanish qts? In my colonies? lol!
2) Yeah, what that man is marrying is not an ugly squat but a noble of the locale he's in. Spain tended to reward those who sided with them or converted early on with titles of Colonial nobility. Collectively they were called the Principalia.

>The richest a spicztiso got was upper middle class and even that was rare.
>All these old Mutt families in my country who have been the richest cunts for centuries by this point.
K.

Stop being deluded Paco. Most of the elites if not all were criollos, natives had lost all the power and criollos were always searching matches with Spanish Bourgouis,nobility or other criollos. Your vision only applies to the Phillipines which never recieved much Spanish inmigration. I mean your elites are still exclusively Spaniard,Jew or Lebanese to this very day. Natives were cucked and had no power. Deal with irñt

Because being white was a rarity.

Essentially this. America had a white majority since day one and still retains a white majority, although that's soon about to end.

Meanwhile Latin America was mostly a bunch of racial mongrels ruled by a comparatively tiny white elite, so obviously the rule for whiteness got stretched.

Also it's worth mentioning that lighter skinned people are valued more everywhere on the planet - even in Haiti where there are virtually zero white people, the lighter skinned blacks have high social status and are highly desirable for marriage, for example.

life in uncolonized territories are not as good as mainland. you have to have a reason to tolerate that much uncivilized world. and they were not english lower class, they were rich - military men.

I fucking hate sluts and bimbos like that. stop that

They were mostly Norman, Breton, and Picardois sailors and trappers, not thieves.

The women were absolutely prostitutes though, the monarchy was interested in turning what was essentially spread out trading posts where the men would marry and having sex with the Natives into a proper French settlement, and so paid prostitutes to go to the New World and find husbands there.