Where were you when you realized that democracy was a mistake?

Where were you when you realized that democracy was a mistake?

My home.

>democracy was a mistake?

How?

Most of developed countries are "Democracy"

When I hit my head and started believing /pol/ memes

I thought they were liberal republics.

its easier to remember a handful of kings as opposed to 90000 prime ministers

Literally unusable bait.

Democracy is the reason for war being non-existent.

When I became old enough to understand that the idiotic and uneducated masses should never be the ones making all the decisions.

It was there that I realized that liberty, freedom, was much more important than democracy.

>Democracy is the reason for war being non-existent.
Except these "democracies" in the West are waging war all over the planet.

Reddit is the PERFECT example why democracy is shit

>Educated people are never assholes.
I'll take a group consensus over a singular mind deciding things any day gayboi.

Thank God I live in the USA and not some democracy.

not with other democracies

to a lesser extent than before at least

Ya, there's shitty people in this world right now. Vote for less military involvement and focus on spreading the love of Jesus.

>have a form of government which viciously assaults competing forms in an attempt of propagation and ultimately control.
Don't think for a second democracy is any different than Islam in the sense that it's a way to control people and amass power.

>control people and amass power.
there is nothing that will not do this

Exactly.

so be a democracy, which is empirically the most successful

Do you read the comments people leave on Facebutt posts? If you do, then you should know by their grammar alone that they should have no say in the state.

When I read Plato's Republic.

thankfully the existence of the "deep state", as it is known, means that much of the administrative apparatus that directly affects citizens' lives is mostly untouched by leadership changes

Wrong. A republic with a well thought out constitution like the USA or Republican Rome is better.

There are really only two PM's you have to remember, UK and Canada.

China's is technically a Premier and Germany's a Chancellor.

Everything else worth knowing is presidential.

>which is empirically the most successful
It depends how you measure success. Either way its an issue of picking your poison. In any case I will say of democracy that unless you live in a small European nation they are extremely flawed.

>actually caring about the difference

When I realised that democracy is a meme and it doesn't actually exist.

everything is flawed, perfection is impossible
australia is also a PM

the illusion of democracy is priceless

Any country that regularly changes it's executive is a meme country and irrelevant.

Italy and Australia have three PM's a year. They run through governments like they are addicted to snap elections.

Italy is a meme country and australia is doing fine

This

Are you implying that a constitutional republic is in any way similar to a democracy?

in the modern parlance, yes, as the enfranchised class is generally synonymous with the general population

The only bit of global media Turnbull has had since being in power is being on the receiving end of a tired, old man's temper tantrum.

I thought maybe he was PM those drug dealers got executed, but that was Abbott.

It is an irrelevant position. At least Italy is in NATO/G7

The entire world was recently given a refresher course in the difference between democracy and a republic when Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and Donald Trump, as a consolation prize, won the presidency.

Honestly any country that doesn't change its leader at least once a year is garbage

I agree but this even understates the difference between republics and democracies.

Democracy is a state of affairs.

Republic is a system of government.

>Americunts and their retarded special snowflake definitions of democracy and republic

>Adding uneducated assholes to a pool of educated assholes makes the resulting opinion....better?

ayy lmao

Need a dictionary eurotrash?

No, do you?

in ur mums cunny

Peewee tier argument from someone who denies that different non-synonyms mean different things. Typical of mindless egali-shill.

Do you also fail to recognize the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground?