Bank Fraud

Hey Veeky Forums. I live in Australia, and I use Commonwealth Bank. With Commonwealth Bank, there is the option to generate a 'cardless cash' withdrawal; which subtracts money from your account, and generates a code which can be used at an ATM in exchange for cash. It's a popular method of anonymously transferring cash to purchase Bitcoin. I want to withdraw a small amount, say, $500, then call the bank and say I didn't do this "where's the money?!". In the terms of service for the bank, it explicitly states that I am not responsible for unauthorized transactions, and with an amount this small, surely it's not worth warranting a full investigation. Will this work?

cameras in atm's

yes.

I could throw on a ski mask or something? I'd be really quick, nobody on the street would see me.

If you arranged for someone else to put the code in preferably in a far away atm and you had a decent alibi for the transaction time then you'd be fine. The problem is when the other guy gets caught on camera either he gets wrecked or he throws you under the bus.

That's good thinking, how far away do you think it should be? 30 minute drive too close? Also, what's a decent alibi, like, if I had evidence I was at work or something, would the bank accept that as proof?

Ideally here's how you'd do it, you use your card in a location that is ideally 3hrs+ from the ATM. Another guy goes and uses the ATM almost straight after. You then use your card in a separate location close to the first one proving it wasn't you. That way the bank itself has proof that you were not at the ATM. The problem is any connection between you and the other guy is problematic as well as organising the timing. Perhaps the ATM withdrawal could be triggered by you posting a picture of the lunch you bought on Facebook or something similar so there's no direct digital contact. I'm not endorsing bank fraud but if I did it that's how I would do it.

>no one around
>puts on ski mask
>walks up to atm
>cop drives by
what do you do?

Your IP has been reported to the local authorities and to the Interpol. You will be contacted soon. Enjoy your jail time.

There are better ways to make $500 than committing such a serious crime. Really doesn't seem worth the risk... But I guess if you're going to do it anyway.

I don't think it's cost effective to investigate far into the theft of $500. I'm not too worried about that.
Fuck I'm sorry I'm so sorry user please help me I don't want to go to jail.
The idea is that, conceptually, there is no risk because the cost of investigation is far greater than the cost of the theft.

Well go for it then

>The idea is that, conceptually, there is no risk because the cost of investigation is far greater than the cost of the theft.

If you believe that then go for it. Hopefully your correct mmm

go to AB mate, better suited on there.

Your missing the other half of the gamble.

You take your odds of winning, multiply it by gains, then take odds of losing and multiply it by your loss.

So lets say you have a 5% chance of getting a massive loss, if that loss is any more than worth 10K in time and money, its not worth it.

5% of 10K is 500.

So if there's a 1% chance of going to jail for 3 years and getting a huge slap on the wrist, as well as a criminal record.... is that worth 500 bucks?

Switching computers, not sure if ID will change.

I mean, I know it'd cost a lot more than $500 to actually dedicate a person for the hours it requires to compile evidence and make a case against me. Plus, banks almost always handle this stuff internally.
Please tell me what 'AB' is.
I would definitely run the numbers if I could, but how can you quantify the risk of getting caught?

Also, broader question to all Veeky Forumsers, what are the chances they'll freeze my account or something similar for any substantial length of time before I get my money? I don't want to lose access to my bank account.

the more you post, the more i feel like you're going to get caught. you haven't thought this out much.

That's the point of this thread, to think it out. Also, in response to your previous post: that would not happen, I'd position myself inside of the bank building and wear a hood, it'd be discreet to say the least.

Holy fuck just wait until july 1st you fucking idiot.

Meanwhile you've been holding off buying btc because of 10% tax and it's risen that much plus more and you're missing out on altcurrency gains in the 50-100%+ range daily. Wtf are you even doing user?
Also, why the fuck are you so concerned with legitimately buying btc?

No I need the money, for crack, right now, you degenerate.

You'd only be able to get away with this once and frankly it's not worth the effort or the risk for $500AUD. That's 1 ETH right now.. You wanna go to jail over 1 eth? just put your $500 into something and you'll have it back by the end of the month.

lay off the crack you fucking spastic

Tell the crack to lay off me man! I feel it in my BONESSSS.
The idea is to rationally analyse the benefits and downsides of this plan, not to focus on the very unlikely scenario in which I get prosecuted. That's the kind of logic that people who buy lottery tickets use.

It's worth investigating if they can prevent it happening another 5, 10, 15 times. They probably have people employed full time to prevent/catch fraud and scammers.

In order to even withdraw the cash you need to first go into your commbank app and choose cardless cash, in which you have to enter your pin which then results in them sending you the code to use at an ATM. There's a lot of verification steps in the process in order to avoid scams and unauthorised transactions. If you did try this I highly doubt commbank will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you had all your details stolen from you

>I want to go to prison for several decades over $500
You an abo or something? Huff to much petrol?

Call me subhuman one more time I'll cave your fucking skull in, mate.
Reasonable point.

subhuman slime

Ohhh user, do it again. Pleaseeee.

>Transfer it into a paypal account
>Get a paypal mastercard

You're a petty criminal and a shit one at that. You're so beneath an abo that I doubt one would let you kiss their dick.

What are you on about dude?
There's no 'PayPal Mastercard',
there's no decent functionality from an unverified PayPal account.
I'll kiss your dick if you don't shut the fuck up bro.

Complains about being called subhuman. Proceeds to display a subhuman threat of extreme violence.

You have an edgy 12-year-old style of typing, son.

at least he's not a literal nigger.

Woah dude, even on Veeky Forums, that's taking it a bit too far. No need to call me a n*gger here.