Why have the British never apologized for their unimaginably savage imperialist past?

Why have the British never apologized for their unimaginably savage imperialist past?

For that matter has France done so either?

See, this is why I hold the Western European powers in such suspicion. They're so quick to condemn anything the United States does that doesn't fit what they think we should be doing, but they tend to just gloss over and mumble through retellings of their own animalistic history, which is by leaps and bounds far worse than anything America has ever done.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bengal_famine_of_1770
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The British uplifted those uncivilised swine. They should be thankful that now their tribal wars are done with guns instead of sharpened sticks.

Apologising for your wrongs is something that people who have a soul do, Anglos lack that unfortunately.

I think the past few years have proven that the British don't even know what's good for themselves, let alone anybody else.

Maybe those people liked their Wars with sticks a lot better than being wiped out completely by devils with muskets and a hard-on for valuables

>using the circle tool to draw countryball comics
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why should I apologise because someone born in roughly the same geographical location as me did something bad before I even existed?

I mean I know this is a bait thread, but still.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

So its ok for someone to force his way into your house, rape all your female relatives and kill the male ones, reduce you to the status of a 9th class citizen in your own home.. but it's all cool because he installed in what once was your home a pool, a nice bbq grill, and cleared the brush from the walkway and did exterior renovations?

>When realize that the US has essentially just continued the old European colonial system by doing all of the dirty work while European countries themselves don't get any of the bad PR while still enjoying the exploits of neo-Imperialism

I'm not saying you personally because you're probably the teenager or some 20 something you got nothing to do with it. I'm talking about the institution that not only sanctioned but encouraged these atrocities, which is in fact the British crown. Your government should apologize

>rape all your female relatives and kill the male ones

That's not what happened in British and French colonies
You're confusing with the Ottomans

What country do you live in?

Don't be stupid. The Ottomans would rape all your male relatives and sell the female ones into slavery.

probably because they ended slavery and shiet

I live in America, a former British colony, and that's exactly what happened.

But created wage slavery to replace it, which is arguably worse.

>Be British settler in north America
>Natives nearby all die because of disease
>Government doesn't want us expanding further west into remaining natives land
>Hundreds of years later get accused of murder and rape on a massive scale on a Chinese Image board

>Wage slavery is worse than actual slavery

t. NEET

>another moron claiming yuros didndu nuffin

How about all the battles with the US Army and all the bullshit with the reservations

Why is it always European countries that have to apologize

do the Mongols have to constantly apologize for Genghis Khan

do Muslims have to apologize for Muhammad who was a conquering warlord

JE VOUS AI COMPRIS

>bongs dindu muffin

hmm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bengal_famine_of_1770

He said its arguably worse.

>apologising for the sins of the father

At what point should white people stop self-flagellating? I thought by now most would've realised even the regretful sobs of a scrawny white british SJW are crocodile tears.

Demanding that we apologise is unnecessary at this point. Yes, empire was certainly bad, but Brexit should be a delicious irony to all those who've suffered under our thumb. We self-sabotaged any opportunity for us to be relevant the moment we voted in favour of "sovereignty"

Only China can save the (third) world

White people literally hate all non-white development and assuage their guilt with useless foreign aid

We live in the West. In the west, when you do something reeeeally fucked up you apologize for it.

Anyways Genghis Khan was like from the Dark Ages and Muhammad never really existed in the first place.

apologies have a shelf life of only 500 years or so.

>giving up power to the EU was good

Really? Britain was gonna be relevant under a corrupt and collapsing union? Britain has a far better chance out than it ever did in. The EU is fucking Europe, not helping it. A union would be great, but the way the EU was actually implemented just fucked up everyone and put the populations at the mercy of these corrupt people that the citizens do not even vote in. And that is what you want in a union, out of touch dictators who aren't answerable to the people they rule over. That always worked so well in the past.

I had no inkling that the EU was so depraved. What are some examples of their corruption?

The Greek economy collapsing, the mandates to flood in refugees and immigrants, covering up the issues of said immigrants, and ignoring the will of the people in Europe as evident by Britain and possibly France leaving.

And that is just a start. The EU was great in theory, but how it was put into practice was atrocious.

The bayonets are for building

>why should I prioritize my own moral shortcomings before others

Yes, they were used to distribute the mortar and concrete in the brick walls evenly.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a Muslim, a Jew, a communist, or an sjw.

oh, or a "nigger". Can't forget that Old Chestnut.

>When some nigs start enslaving each other so you start doing it too but you take it to a level where it changes the world economy and depopulates whole cultures and then you make everyone stop so you want a medal.

Assuming that you live in Europe, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you.

Better luck in the future, friendo.

The country of none of your fucking business you Anglo kike

You should have said forced labour and engaging in underdeveloping policies.

Flaying is arguably worse than getting kicked in the balls.

They took it to another level due having the capability to do so, not out of some specific moral failing other cultures lacked. Conversely, abolition *was* done largely on moral grounds, which was unprecedented.

*due to

Why should the government apologize now? Apologize to who?

No Abolition was due to slavery being unsustainable in the long run, traditional fields slaves were used were falling off and you get more money having a wider consumer base compared to slavery. Slavery was barred in Europe long before it was enabled in other parts of the world.

Slavery had a lot of critics but during that period my prior sentence was being more prevalent because of the shift in the worlds economic systems and political developments.

>Whoa! You guys were even BIGGER dicks than we thought!

Well they're still trying to move past it so who cares 2bh. Similar to how Russians would react to "but the USSR did X", it's not the USSR anymore. UK/France will backtrack when public opinion is against them and give out some token apologies.

As for criticising the actions of others in the PRESENT well no shit. They can actually do something about that, whereas the skeletons in their closets are older than they are.

Because Eternal anglo

>Apologize for their superiority, and strength.
>Apologize for civilizing the savages.
You're either a minority, a woman, or a cuck, either way, you're an idiot.

This

>Similar to how Russians would react to "but the USSR did X", it's not the USSR anymore

Russia is a direct sequel to the USSR alongside a fuckton of it''s government having huge holdovers of that period.

>harbors
Already had them
>roads and buildings
oh yes, the plethora of European archetecture in North Africa is so conspicuous to the collective mental image of North Africa!

He's not talking about modern day wage slavery, i.e. working 9 to 5 at a boring desk job. He's referring to 19th century, work till you die, 14 hour days for an income that doesn't even cover your basic living expenses form of wage slavery.

Both things done by Americans, not the British?

>Greeks being corrupt shitheads who love to borrow money, never pay it back and retire at 40, is the fault of the EU

>having entire lakes being drained and gone while they pocket all the money to themselves.

Yeah, you sure know seeing as how you lived back then. The outrage the people had with slavery was largely not a moral thing at all; purely economic right? Look pal every period in history wasn't as indifferent to culture, morality, and art as our contemporary society. Stop bringing your bias into the discussion.

What bias? I'm just stating that slavery could have gone on for much longer but to the people in power it just wasn't worth it at that point. It's not only economic but other factors.

Apartheid could have lasted indefinitely or way way longer if there was no sanction on SA and Soviet intervention and moral outrage really did nothing until Portugal and Rhodesia dropped out.

I hope every shithole welcomes chinks, fitting punishment

and even then many of the abolitionists points often were hypocritical or not really how do you say followed through with conviction or genuine belief.

British people today hadn't been born yet when that shit was happening. The lesson is to not do it anymore.

Some of it.

Certainly the way Churchill treated the Kenyans and Indians happened when many older modern Brits were alive.

>"Sovereignty"

I can't believe you think like that.

at least they left working railway networks and other infrastructure

>the collective mental image of North Africa!

Tbh, what is it beside terrorism?

BS. I know a guy who poisoned village wells in Rhodesia while serving British special forces.

Educate yourself, pleb.

>Implying natives could freely use those facilities

Dude, The French behaved like ISIS or Red Army during the Algerian war

Because it was fucking awesome and we weren't alive at the time.

Deal with it you fucking pricks.

>They're so quick to condemn anything the United States does that doesn't fit what they think we should be doing
If you mean the Iraq and Afghan war protests and telling Obama to get fucked when he wasnted to send our troops to Syria hindsight has already proved us right.

Anything else you might be thinking of is divide and conquer cool aid. Also this islands as full of cucks as the US.

In the context of all that being a net increase in quality of life? Yes.

We've been out of Africa for close to 60 years, if they want to forget the wheel and medicine and go back to chucking spears and talking in clicks then let them. Otherwise they have no business complaining

Well, none of us are him, if that even happened.

Why are leftists obsessed with apologizing?

>if my actions are mirrored by everyone else are they really the product if moral shortcomings?
No more apologies for normal human behavior.

These are the same people who complain about white genocide and the islamification of Europe. Might only makes right when I benefit.

Starving third worlders don't want food silly, they want the white man to apologize!

You'd have a point if the islamification of Europe and white genocide were being carried out through might rather than through deceit and hypocrisy.

But Europeans met the African's honourably on the field of battle? If you think any conquest is free of deceit and hypocrisy you are very naive.

The worst atrocities were still the ones committed by rebels on neutral and French-aligned Algerians

>But Europeans met the African's honourably on the field of battle?
Obviously moron.
The Europeans didn't sneak in pleading poverty and call their African hosts racists for complaining when they raped their hideous golliwog women. They marched in set up outposts, and fought off anyone that tried to kick them out, while providing military aid to those that cooperated.

The British government used unionist death squads to kill Northern Irish civilians well into the 1980's.

and the whole trying to hush it up that still is happening.

the west did nothing objectively wrong
leftist retards talk about respecting other cultures view of the world yet neglect the western view

if we go by the reasoning that we should not feel guilt for what our ancestors did should we then not come to the conclusion that we should neither feel pride for it?

Should litterally every country on earth hold a public apology for every single fucking war it has waged?

Should we also make it, I don't know, a national holiday? A public celebration? Have everyone be dressed in black?

Today, we shall celebrate the day where a ban of a hundred Germanic tribesmen raided a Gaul village. Sorry, so sorry, sorry, we're sorry. Tomorrow we'll celebrate another one. Stop the presses, they must only talk about it.

That's because leftists are leftist and the entire goal of leftism is the destruction of western civilization so that it can be replaced with a global "dictatorship of the proletariat", in other words ushering in a future where the black man will hold the whip hand over the white man.

>global "dictatorship of the proletariat"
>somehow about black/white people

please leave /pol/

The majority of the people worldwide living off of less than a dollar a day are what color people, white or brown? The dictatorship of the proletariat will be white only if you continue to view the idea of revolutionary leftism through a long obsolete Eurocentric view.

Imperialism perpetrated atrocity after atrocity and no amount of justification will make it any less wrong, but that doesn't mean that anyone needs to apologize, not individuals, not monolithic groups. People are not responsible for the actions of their ancestors. The best anyone can do is focus on events happening in the present day. Obsessing over old hatreds doesn't do anyone any good.

>where the black man will hold the whip hand over the white man.
ShitThey'reOntoUs!.jpg