Who vaunts his race, lauds what belongs to others

Who vaunts his race, lauds what belongs to others.

Alternate translation: He who boasts of his descent, praises the deeds of another.

So, did all these race baiting faggots not realize Seneca the Younger blew them all the fuck out ages ago and that they need to focus on personal accomplishments rather than trying to out wewuz each other with shit other people did?

Tensions run hot these days so being just reach for the gut instincts of MUH RACE

>can't appreciate what your ancestors built and passed to you and hope to maintain what they built, add to it, and pass it on, yourself
Kind of unappreciative.

Because it leads to people feeling overly proud for shit they never did.

And if you're gonna talk about shit your ancestors did then every human accomplishment ever is in your history. From cannibal niggers in jungles, street shitting Pajeets, all the way to the best and most noble works.

And either way you want to slice that, the fact remains that you feel proud over shit you did not do. Which is his point. You focus on all that because you lack any real accomplishments of your own. Hence why white trash claim to be aryan kangz, and hood niggers claim to be kangz. People that haven't done shit love inflating their ego over things other great people did.

>Because it leads to people feeling overly proud for shit they never did.
[citation needed], also what kind of cuck hates people who love and take an interest in their race and ancestry?

You spoke well. Very insightful understanding.
That's also why you rarely if ever hear successful people and wealthy people resorting to such erroneous reasons for pride.

>citation needed
check out pol one'a these days

I gave you examples. The whole kangz bullshit.

And I'm not a cuck for saying it's retarded. It just is. Because as I said, you are proud of things other people did and in which you had zero part.

And as also stated, if you truly believed that then you would take credit for every terrible and great thing any human ever did since we are all related. They were also your ancestors and so their descendents and their accomplishments must be yours too.

So the logical conclusions are to either take credit for everything human, or to focus on your own accomplishments. Because maybe if you did focus on personal accomplishments you'd do something or take part in something worth being remembered in the future rather than masturbating over your larp fantasies and shitposting on Veeky Forums and arguing over which race was truly the kangz.

>thinks a small anime image board is indicative of the majority of people who love their ancestry

Oh no, people being proud and inspired instead of wallowing in misery and envy!?!? How terrible.

Not to get too off track and ad hom, but I've noticed that people who say shit like this also tend to be the type of people who post dumb memes on fagbook about how dogs are so much better than people.

My genetics, my family, my nation, my religion and race are integral parts of who I am. They are integral parts of being. To ignore them is to ignore a part of who I am. It makes one incomplete.

Nice strawman of my points. But it is telling that you think that without feeling proud of what other people did you think the other option is misery and feeling like shit. Sounds like you make a great example of someone who has done nothing in life, so to make your lack of useful existence have meaning you take credit for shit other great people did

And I don't think dogs are better than people. I believe in the supremacy of humanity, but nice try.

>My genetics, my family, my nation, my religion and race are integral parts of who I am.

If your nation, genetics, and race are who you are, then that is pathetic. You care about arbitrary national lines, and genetics that you happened to be born into. These are dumb things to be part of your identity. It's one thing to want to improve your nation, but to gain identity from it? That is patently absurd. Family is different, as is religion since you pick that, but that sounds likr you cling to it out of identity rather than facts which is an issue.

>They are integral parts of being.

To you. Very few people are quite that retarded. But it is useful if you kang larp.

>It makes one incomplete.

As opposed to actually forming an identity over things you do/did and/or things you choose?

They are not "who I am" and if that's what you got out of what I said, you have poor comprehension skills. They are a part of who I am, as is my family, my interest, my weight, height, hobbies, economic status etc. not something to throw away because your butthurt about Kang memes.

My accomplishments go with it. As do my memories and experience. They all make up the whole of identity. If you want to remove part of identity, you are the one who is truly pathetic

I think you're the one who set up that false dichotomy ITT friendo. I was just going along with it. Aside from the fact that if everyone were "great", it would become meaningless, I'd rather people who aren't "great" had some sort of pride instead of being miserable pricks. It seems like it really upsets you for other people that you deem less deserving of the feeling of pride than yourself to be proud. Maybe you have some sort of ego problem, I don't know. But if you think only total losers have ever had racial/ethnic/national pride then you clearly lack perspective and you're probably not as smart as you think you are.

They would be part of WHAT you are. If they are WHO you are, you are letting absurd shit define your identity.

And I never said throw it away. But it is all or nothing. Ya either have to go all out and connect with all human shit since it's your ancestry as well, or focus on personal accomplishments because the ancestry argument is bunk when you only care about a tiny fraction of said ancestry.

But you're a retarded fag and either don't know the difference between what you were born as vs what your identity is, or actually think shit like race and nation determines who you are as a person rather than being a rather meaningless distinction except for kang memes or your fantasies of mattering because someone who actually mattered did shit in the past and they were in the same race/nation that you happened to be shat out in.

if we aren't allowed to be proud of the achievements of our race then we aren't allowed to take the responsibility for the atrocities of our race

>But it is all or nothing
Says who?

Sayeth King OP The Great. Long may he and all of his incredible accomplishments be remembered!

>actually think shit like race and nation determines who you are as a person
those are actually vital parts in human development, this is also the reason globalists are trying to ship as many africans and muslims into europe as possible

>Aside from the fact that if everyone were "great", it would become meaningless,

I never said or implied that everyone was great.

>I'd rather people who aren't "great" had some sort of pride instead of being miserable pricks.

And there is the issue. People who have not done anything do not deserve that pride. People who do great things should feel proud because their works contribute to humanity. It's okay to not be great, but you must also recognize that you don't deserve or get bonus points for being in the same race or nation as that person. You stayed the same as you were before. Someone else doing good shit does not then entitle you to hop on it and boast. Because you still did not do shit. Be proud of what you do and have done. Did you fuck up and have a shit life so you can't? Then fix it or deal with it. Society does not need to handle your personal issues.

>It seems like it really upsets you for other people that you deem less deserving of the feeling of pride than yourself to be proud.

Except I never made it about me, nor am I the one hailing the deeds of others and saying I'm awesome because of it. Nor did I claim to be great like those we are referring to.

It's not about taking credit. It's about being part of something bigger than yourself. Like a sports team. And yes, if a sports team wins because the quarterback scored a touchdown the whole team shares in the victory even if the quarter back gets the glory. Likewise if a quarterback screws up an easy play the whole team gets criticized.

I'm not a retarded SJW, so I never advocated that people be held responsible for shit their ancestors did.

Considering those are the only options, facts do. If you use the ancestry argument, then all humans fall under that. Drawing the line at X group means nothing. Think of the whole "heap of sand" argument. At what point will you arbitrarily stop and determine what group you claim and when? Because go back far enough and you too will have a tribal nigger in warpaint as your ancestor. Why does he not count?

>At what point will you arbitrarily stop and determine what group you claim and when?
where conflict of interests begins

That is a piss poor example. The sports team actually played together, at the same time, in the same place. They knew each other. You have no such connection to the groups you pride yourself on.

Now if you currently were doing something, that would be becoming part of something bigger than yourself. You can't be part of something bigger than yourself when that something and those people are all long dead and you never knew them. You being born into a particular nation and race does not make you part of anything. Getting off your ass and doing shit, and having personal accomplishments does. Then you are actually doing something and being part of something.

>And there is the issue. People who have not done anything do not deserve that pride.
And who made you the arbiter of emotions?
>Except I never made it about me, nor am I the one hailing the deeds of others and saying I'm awesome because of it. Nor did I claim to be great like those we are referring to.
This rarely happens. It's a much more abstract sort of thing than that. It's more about being a part of something larger than yourself. For instance, I do not work for NASA, nor do the vast majority of Americans who've ever lived. Our connection to the accomplishments of that agency is rather fleeting, really. I still don't see anything wrong with feeling a bit proud of Neil Armstrong planting our flag on the moon. Maybe you're just autistic, OP.

>Now if you currently were doing something, that would be becoming part of something bigger than yourself. You can't be part of something bigger than yourself when that something and those people are all long dead and you never knew them. You being born into a particular nation and race does not make you part of anything. Getting off your ass and doing shit, and having personal accomplishments does. Then you are actually doing something and being part of something.
fuck off godless shitskin people can and will claim something that was left behind by their ancestors to continue and improve it, be it either a literature, culture, business or a territory, previous generations of people that shared common goals, ideas and worked together to bring me where I am now and I am allowed to use their knowledge and ideas to continue what they were doing and take pride in it because if they didn't care about that or thought that future people of their nation or blood don't deserve anything, they wouldn't leave behind allowing me to and others to gain form it

and people who try to destroy that or misuse it for their advantage have to be shunned from society around me and people who share the same sentiment as me

1. Nobody made me the arbiter of emotions. I just fail to see why people who have not done great things should feel any pride over those things or try to have greatness by association for things they had no part in.

That would be like you doing something great and I feel pride over it. And after you did something great, I come along claiming to be better than everyone else because a member of Veeky Forums did something amazing. So, because we both use this site and belong to this community, I must be just as great. Even you can see where that logic is retarded.

And, no, I don't feel proud because NASA put our flag on the moon. I feel happy that humanity went to space, I feel happy that we reached that level of technology. But I fail to see why I would be proud of shit that happened before I was born and had no part in. I didn't put anybody on the moon. I never will. Why should I laud that accomplishment and feel part of it because I happened to be born in the same country?

you're an american aren't you?

You said a lot of shit there. Wanna try to actually make an argument that hasn't been refuted this time?

Or you can sit on your ass wewuzin all day. Because I know real work is hard and it is much easier just claiming the accomplishments of others to feel superior.

It isn't like you should be showing this superiority by getting off your ass and doing something of note yourself. Because while you sit here doing nothing and cling to the past great works to make yourself feel better, other people are out there doing things they will be remembered for. Even small things. You will just keep living a sad life riding on the coattails of people greater than yourself, because unlike you, they did things and didn't just sit around jerking off over how great they were because of what their ancestors did. They had the drive to succeed and prove their merit. You don't prove your merit, yet you want to feel pride because other great people did shit? No.

The wewuz meme is about claiming ancestry that isn't your own. Not claiming your actual ancestry.

He might as well be claiming ancestry that isn't his given how far removed from it he is, how he had zero part in it, and cannot recreate it. He's no different than the we wuz kang crowd. The only real difference is he is the same race or nationality. He is no more part of it due to that than a hood nigger is to Egypt because there was a Nubian dynasty or two.

>You said a lot of shit there. Wanna try to actually make an argument that hasn't been refuted this time?
you also provide no argument, you just say people don't deserve anything and claim nobody in the nation or people with similar characteristics can be connected through achievements and work of others with similar goals in mind
>Because while you sit here doing nothing and cling to the past great works to make yourself feel better, other people are out there doing things they will be remembered for.
that's the thing I have nothing to strive for, I have no heritage, I have no connections to people in the nation I was born in, I have idea where to start how to begin who to connect with because it all seems so worthless to me.
I've been swallowed by nihilism and I see no future ahead everything I think about just feels like dead end if I had people around me that I could share ideas with common goals and plans for the future maybe I could do something, now that society consists out of people who prefer materialistic and social trends are nothing more than consumers for big corps and brainwashed government drones who will gladly screw people over for every single penny
once people become too individualistic there will be a different tribe or nation that'll take over and install their laws and regulations, and everything previous people of the nation worked for will be nothing

Alright. So, ya admit to being the very ennui ridden piece of shit who has no connections or accomplishments and thus rides the greater works of others. The very person I said did this kind of thing.

10/10. Nice talking to ya, chief.

>Alright. So, ya admit to being the very ennui ridden piece of shit who has no connections or accomplishments and thus rides the greater works of others. The very person I said did this kind of thing.
no I actually just hate niggers and mudslimes and want them out of Europe

>that's the thing I have nothing to strive for, I have no heritage, I have no connections to people in the nation I was born in, I have idea where to start how to begin who to connect with because it all seems so worthless to me.
I've been swallowed by nihilism and I see no future ahead everything I think about just feels like dead end

Seems to me like you have far bigger issues than that given what you said.

no i just tried to make a point if people like me start popping up everywhere, you'll just have a social collapse overtime

And that makes what point? It shows you have far bigger issues. The issue then isn't whether or not taking credit for the accomplishments of others is moral, but what made people like you to begin with and how to get rid of it.

And that is clearly beyond the scope of this thread. It just seems like you realize that you're anathema to civilization. Which makes you just as much of an issue as those you claim to hate.

You're basically attacking strawmen. These people who get in your face and scream about their superiority don't exist. You could go down the rabbit hole all the way and probably come to the conclusion that there's no real point in anything. We're all gonna be worm food at some point, so what does any of it actually matter? I doubt you'll convince very many people to stop feeling emotions or being human though.

They do exist. Zionists, the black Israelites/black Egyptians, various white nationalist ideologies, etc. The world is full of it.

And I never said people need to stop being human or feeling emotions. You dodge every point I make and just make shit up. I even said before that I believe in the supremacy of humanity. My issue is idiots like you who can't refute a point and just wanna wewuz, and the nihilistic guy who has lost all diretion entirely so he grasps at the low hanging fruit that is your retarded stance. He is a prime example of the sad fucks who cling to this stuff.

>Which makes you just as much of an issue as those you claim to hate.
nah I don't kill and cut people in the most brutal way possible and pray on innocents, but I might soon

>Zionists, the black Israelites/black Egyptians
well go and tell those groups that and see how they respond, the thing is those ideologies are promoted and funded by colleges in western society where populations are overwhelmingly white and european descent

It doesn't matter whether or not you kill. You are just as bad for civilization. Your mindset is polluted and distorted and promotes weakness.

So, yeah, you are just as bad. Your kind are like HIV. Sure, HIV won't kill you, but it sure weakens you to the point where a pretty common germ will destroy you. You are that to society. You weaken and destroy with your ennui and sophist nonsense. You corrupt others and ensure society has this existential crisis that allows issues to grow larger and be an issue. Your kind are a mental plague.

>They do exist. Zionists, the black Israelites/black Egyptians, various white nationalist ideologies, etc. The world is full of it.
You run into a lot of these folks huh?

>And I never said people need to stop being human or feeling emotions. You dodge every point I make and just make shit up. I even said before that I believe in the supremacy of humanity. My issue is idiots like you who can't refute a point and just wanna wewuz, and the nihilistic guy who has lost all diretion entirely so he grasps at the low hanging fruit that is your retarded stance. He is a prime example of the sad fucks who cling to this stuff.
I actually think nihilist guy had a bit more of an elaborate point than you'd like to admit. In short, it can be summed up as that he believes that human beings are social creatures by nature, group dynamics are a large part of our biologically endowed psyche, and that a society that strongly emphasizes commonalities amongst its members produces happier, healthier, and more productive individuals. Whether or not he's correct in his assessment is worth debating, but you seem to be more interested in beating up strawmen and positing your own superiority over others.

literally arguing with a jew

I take pride in everything good my race did, and say 'other people did that, not me, I don't have to apologize' when my race ever did anything bad.

And ya dodge the issue again. I gave those as examples because you said such people did not exist. I know full well where those types come from. I don't have to be a white power retard like you to know the very real threat society faces from that scum.

no you're scum here you want to strip people of their heritage, their wealth and their future you want slaves with nothing to hold on to and have them be slaves for the state

1. Whether or not I run into them wasn't the point. I brought them up because they all exist and have grown larger in recent years while the other guy said that such people didn't exist.

2. I didn't get any of that from what the nihilist guy said. Seemed more like his life was shit and radicalism was almost bound to afflict him, he chose nationalism. Could have been any number of things. The ideas here are just easier and require no effort on his part. So, he chose that.

Because I have already brought up quite a few points which have yet to be refuted. Because saying that society works best when people have a shared goal is very different than "that makes it cool to feel pride or superiority for shit you did not do".

:
1. I don't care what your heritage is. What have YOU done?

2. Their wealth? When did I even mention that?

3. I don't want to take away the future of anyone and enslave them to the state. Humanity should advance and become better. But that has nothing to do with whether or not useless cunts try to feel pride for things they had no hand in doing. That makes people lazy. It makes them feel great because they did such a good job. But they did nothing. To use an example from before: NASA. Does a white American heroin addict deserve to feel pride over the moon landing? Just because NASA was full of smart white guys does not mean the heroin addict is worth shit. Someone else doing X does not raise your value. Just because you share some traits with people who did amazing things does not make you superior or worth anything. What you do, or don't do, will determine what you are worth.

Or is the concept of merit offensive to you and you would rather keep patting yourself on the back for shit others did?

>Because I have already brought up quite a few points which have yet to be refuted. Because saying that society works best when people have a shared goal is very different than "that makes it cool to feel pride or superiority for shit you did not do".
your arguments and points are shit you're basically saying that I have no claim to my parents's house when they die nor to the diaries of my grandparents because you can read minds and know how people feel about achievements of their ancestors

>To use an example from before: NASA. Does a white American heroin addict deserve to feel pride over the moon landing? Just because NASA was full of smart white guys does not mean the heroin addict is worth shit.
I doubt heroin addict would be proud o anything, the fact that NASA managed to achieve such great things due to white people being in charge of it, says many things

>2. I didn't get any of that from what the nihilist guy said. Seemed more like his life was shit and radicalism was almost bound to afflict him, he chose nationalism. Could have been any number of things. The ideas here are just easier and require no effort on his part. So, he chose that.
I believe what he was trying to say was that he believes he would enjoy a different kind of society more.

>Because I have already brought up quite a few points which have yet to be refuted. Because saying that society works best when people have a shared goal is very different than "that makes it cool to feel pride or superiority for shit you did not do".
I'm not saying you haven't brought up any sort of argument, simply that you seem to be lacking understanding about the ideologies and behavior you're arguing against and I questioned whether or not you truly want to understand these people or just to insult them. Further understanding may not change your opinion, but at the least it's very long known that understanding your enemy puts you in a more advantageous position than not.

You don't see how weak that argument is? This isn't the same as your parents and grandparents. Those are people you likely know and have some relationship with. That is a vastly different thing than someone claiming ancestors and things that go back beyond their own lifetime. As we see when people try to claim Egypt was X race, X nation is the best, X race is best and anyone not X race is shit, and on and on.

Because unlike those ancient ancestors, you have some connection to your parents and immediate family. The only way you have any connection to some nation or race is the same connection you would have to any other person in the world. And, as I said, unless you wanna traverse the heap of sand and show me what ancestor you're stopping at and why, I hope you're equally invested in all those African, Indian, Asian, and other ancestors. Because trace your ancestors far enough and you're related to everybody else.

It does say many things about those people who did it. But it says nothing about you. Simply being white doesn't make you worth shit. You could be a heroin addict, you could be dumb, you could have any number of traits that do not make you superior at anything. And if you were superior at things, I think you'd actually try to flaunt those personal accomplishments rather than trying to justify you being born white as any sort of merit in and of itself. And I don't mean NASA level shit either. I mean anything that has helped contribute to society. Did you start a family and raise a new generation of kids to be strong and wise? Volunteer and helped the needy? Done a charity? Because I don't care what you were born as. That doesn't mean shit. What means everything is what you have done. And if you haven't done anything for society or harmed it, ya could be Hitler's wet dream and it wouldn't mean a thing.

Stop arguing with the troll.

you are a product of your nation

What the hell is wrong with you? I will preserve the fire that my ancestors handed to me, western civilization. And I expect my offspring to do the same.

>And, as I said, unless you wanna traverse the heap of sand and show me what ancestor you're stopping at and why, I hope you're equally invested in all those African, Indian, Asian, and other ancestors. Because trace your ancestors far enough and you're related to everybody else.
those ethnicities, nations and cultures are all different from mine and I have no connections to them because our ancestors developed in different environments and produced different cultures, humans are shaped by their environment, environment shapes cultures and culture produces believes and philosophy

>Simply being white doesn't make you worth shit.
actually being born white gives me racial traits and mentality that no african, asian or indian posses which makes me different than them
> And I don't mean NASA level shit either. I mean anything that has helped contribute to society. Did you start a family and raise a new generation of kids to be strong and wise? Volunteer and helped the needy? Done a charity? Because I don't care what you were born as. That doesn't mean shit. What means everything is what you have done. And if you haven't done anything for society or harmed it, ya could be Hitler's wet dream and it wouldn't mean a thing.
at the moment I can't do those things because current trends of society can put in danger children that I would raise, volunteering the helped and the needy can be dangerous since one of them can easily stab you in the back, females you marry can easily strip you of your finances

>I will preserve the fire that my ancestors handed to me, western civilization.

Being proud of others doesn't mean being proud of yourself.
And being proud of your people, their culture, history, achievements, inventions, and what they have created and passed down to you, in general, is not "taking credit for other's achievements."
It's being inspired and hoping to live up to those achievements.

Are you saying that where you grew up, how you grew up, and your genetics don't help create your personality?
I mean, I like racing because I was so exposed to it as a child, since I'm from Indianapolis, the racing capital of the world. And I'm prone to alcoholism because my bloodline is worse at enduring addictions to it, as my father and grandfather have proven, as well as myself.
Those are both a part of my personality.

You don't seem to know what people mean when they use the word "pride."
Yes, it can mean feeling good over one's own accomplishments. But it can also mean feeling good because of the accomplishments of someone else. I feel proud of my brother for being a professional musician. I had nothing to do with him becoming a musician, and do not claim so. I don't go to bars and use it as a pick-up line. I feel good, because he feels good over what he did. I'm happy for him.
I'm happy that my ancestors have left me a powerful and honorable nation. I'm happy that they were able to build it, and I'm happy that they have passed it on to me, and expect me to maintain this great nation and add on to it.
I'm proud of them.
I don't flaunt my superiority, but I do, sometimes, flaunt the superiority of my nation, one that was built by many great people.

Watched Doug Stanhope for the first time?

I agree, nationalistic and patriotic feeling belong to the squawking infancy of mankind, but I'm getting strong (plagiarized?) Stanhope vibes.

>same background on the right
Coulda been so much better.

This line of thinking is so stupid and doubly so for being a "I'm so intellectual"-type of reasoning.

>people join the KKK because the world isn't diverse enough for them...

Basically nobody joins the KKK in the first place, there are probably more people in the US with a Phd in modern literature than KKK members, it's just another leftist boogeyman.

>irrelevant speculation

Jeez, what would Veeky Forums do without anons like you?

You are praising another and also the traits you share with them, and it is perfectly ok to do this. Judging people by their traits is no different from actuarial science.

>It clearly says that!

This.

Smart people of a race and stupid people of the same race are GENETICALLY different, because intelligence is genetic. So it makes no sense.

And they know it.

Bad analogy, almost all analogies are crap made for brainlets to try to understand things. Being proud of your brother, who you know and love, is not the same as being proud of 'a nation'.
It's arbitrary and you can extend it in any way you like.

Not an argument

>fuck you shitlord it's wrong because.... it's just wrong fuck you

If you're in a sports team, every member gets the win regardless of how much you personal out in.

Life is the same way. Our ingroups do things for the sake of the ingroup. Priceless treasures belong to the people of which one of their tribe created them. Michelangelo's paintings, for example, belong to the Italian people.

>tfw Italian fascism would have been top tier if Hitler hadn't bullied Mussolini into adopting his bullshit racial policy

This is a poor analogy. What kind of person flaunts the fact that his brother is a famous musician, or brags about how his dad is a successful surgeon? A tool, that's who. So by analogy someone who flaunts the superiority of his nation is also a tool. That is, if you buy your own analogy.

Maybe because 'rich' people have things to lose if they don't play by the Jew rules
A white trash person isn't at risk of being fired if he expresses pride in his race, so he is free to do so.

>What kind of person flaunts the fact that his brother is a famous musician, or brags about how his dad is a successful surgeon?
Somebody who's proud of their families accomplishments? That's like saying "what kind of parent brags their kid is an honor student." The type of parent who loves their child and is proud of their accomplishments.

Fuck off you atomized prick. You are NOTHING without the aid of your kin; society is not made of individuals who only interact with each other for their own gain, it is made up of people who work together to uphold an ideal or a memory

And you can't love your nation?

Because that hood nigger is first of a Congoid nigger, far from Nubia. Secondly, the Nubian dynasties and Kush did NOTHING to contribute to the black identity or civilization, because there was no such thing.
Greece and Rome, however, did contribute to the identity of Europe, and we take much of our cultures and ideas from them; therefore we can claim lineage from them

>Being proud of your brother, who you know and love, is not the same as being proud of 'a nation'.

But I know my nation and love it.

>calls them Congoid
>black people, specifically West Africans, did not evolve from the Congo

You know your nation through a mythologized historical narrative and a wholly imagined affiliation between the self and a larger community, most of whom you will never meet and live in an entirely different circumstance than yourself, only bonded through a supposed concept of borders or shared history.

I used an analogy because you're stupid.
And I do know and love my nation. I'm proud of the many people who built it, and hope to live up to them.
If someone is talking about his family, I might smugly mention my brother, just as I might mention the Founding Fathers what someone is talking about how great his nation is.

>thinking at the level of the individual

Wew lad. When '''''you''''' create a work of art, do you partition out credit between your cells? Anybody who plays their part, whether that be winning a war or marrying and raising children, can share in the achievements of their race.

That is a ridiculous analogy.
Do the cells make the art? No, the individual does himself.
Does the race make the art? No, the individual does himself.
It is absurd to "share" in the the achievement of a painting, for instance, on the basis that you were the same race as the artist. You had nothing to do with the painting. You admire it for the painter's individuality and skill.

A parent bragging about his child is one thing, as he had a hand in his formation. An adult son bragging about his father or brother (which is a better analogy in this case), is pathetic.

A painting is not only technique. The meaning and symbolism is also important.
Other members of a race or culture CAN share in that symbolism, especially if the painting is about something pertaining in the civilization in question (ie: siting chapel )

Then why do we remember the name of Michelangelo but no one in his workshop, who undoubtedly contributed to some of his works?

Michelangelo had the vision, did much of the painting so in and so forth, so he gets the glory. Does that mean he did it all in a vacuum? Surely you don't ignore the workshop helpers, the men who funded the projects, the churchgoers who paid for the upkeep of the sistine chapel, the many Europeans after who recognized the brilliance of Michelangelo enough to preserve and honor his works centuries after the fact. You do not exist in a vacuum, you depend on (even if you deny it) your society, your nation and people to survive and as such you should give the the honor that is due to them

Who is making you take responsibility for the atrocities of your race?

Life, because while I was running I bumped into a few people.

If it is foolish for a person to be proud of where they were born because they did so through no effort on their own part, why is it somehow less foolish for someone to proud of HOW they were born?

Why should an athlete be proud of his achievements when he was born with the genetics and mentality required to become a great athlete that ugh nobeffort on his own part? Why should anyone be proud of anything when we are simply being who we are?

Does a fish deserve pride for being able to breathe underwater?
Why then does a genius deserve pride for simply using the mind he was born with?

Exactly, pride is dumb.