Bring up Muhammad's mother to Muslims: Who?

>Bring up Muhammad's mother to Muslims: Who?
>Bring up Buddha's mother to Buddhists: Excuse me, whom?
>Bring up Jesus mother to Catholics: *crowd gets down on knees and starts singing Ave Maria, a couple kids claim to see an apparition of the virgin mother herself and several faint from being overwhelmed*

What is up with virginal worship among Catholics? One of the major prayers is not called the Hail Jesus but the Hail Mary. Surely they realize they are putting her before God which is a sin right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY
traditioninaction.org/religious/m013rpProtestantsChristians.html
onefold.wordpress.com/early-church-evidence-refutes-real-presence/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Surely they realize they are putting her before God
They aren't. Giving the appropriate level of respect to the mother of Jesus Christ is not worship. She alone of all women, all human beings was given the privilege of being mother to God. God Himself has given that to her, to deny her position is to deny Gods will.

If you weren't such an ignorant Protestant you would know the earliest of Christians venerated Mary.

As Eve was seduced by the speech of an angel, so as to flee God in transgressing his word, so also Mary received the good tidings by means of the angel's speech, so as to be God within her, being obedient to this word. And though the one had disobeyed God, yet the other was drawn to obey him; that of the virgin Eve, the virgin Mary might become the advocate and as by a virgin the human race had been bound to death, by a virgin it is saved, the balance being preserved- a virgin's disobedience by a virgin' obedience." (St. Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 3, 19) (175-185 A.D.)

It's because Christians are fucking stupid.

wew, lots of anti-Catholic threads tonight

It is no more important than God choosing you to follow Him.

If there is anything Veeky Forums needed its another thread on Mary. thanks op

Has God sent an angel to you saying you have found favor with Him? Did Jesus Christ himself honor you above his disciples?

Kill yourself protestshit kike, shouldn't you be at an "I stand with Israel" rally?

>Catholic assuming that because the Catholic Church is obsessed with Titles and Positions, that almighty God must too
>not having a personal relationship with God without the trappings of worldly authority

You worship Tradition and Ritual, not God.

I don't see anything about Mary worship here
Catholics aren't Christian

HERETICS BTFO

>be you
>be a massive dumbass
>be a protefag massive dumbass
>accuse catholics of worshipping mary as something other than God when you yourself worship the bible

>the woman chosen to be the mother fucking mother of God isn't important

Catholicism wins again.

KYS protestant plebs.

I must pray to dead humans about this.

buddhas and mohammeds moms weren't really special though

mary was literally inseminated by god

I have never worshipped the bible. Papists worshipping Mary, on the other hand
youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY

>same fucking australian making same fucking threads every day

Not to mention they pray to saints, some of whom were pagan gods before Christianity showed up.

>Catholicism, not even once

If you weren't such a dumbass you would know the difference between worship and veneration. Go be a heretic somewhere else. You're going to burn in hell anyway since no one outside the Church is saved.

traditioninaction.org/religious/m013rpProtestantsChristians.html

>If you weren't such a dumbass you would know the difference between worship and veneration
It is a completely made-up and unbiblical distinction. All you're doing is saying "we're not worshipping creatures because we said we're not".
>You're going to burn in hell anyway since no one outside the Church is saved
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Church, that whosoever submit to the pope will probably perish, but may have everlasting life if they do enough good works.

> Doesn't realize earliest Christians prayed to saints.

"I prayed [to the Angel of Repentance, who is called the Shepherd] much that he would explain to me the similitude of the field…And he answered me again, saying, “Every one who is the servant of God, and has his Lord in his heart, asks of Him understanding, and receives it, and opens up every parable; and the words of the Lord become known to him which are spoken in parables. But those who are weak and slothful in prayer, hesitate to ask anything from the Lord; but the Lord is full of compassion, and gives without fail to all who ask Him. But you, having been strengthened by the holy Angel, and having obtained from Him such intercession, and not being slothful, why do not you ask of the Lord understanding, and receive it from Him?” I said to him, “Sir, having you with me, I am necessitated to ask questions of you, for you show me all things, and converse with me; but if I were to see or hear these things without you, I would then ask the Lord to explain them.” - Hermas [80 A.D]

"Now supplication and plea and thanksgiving may be offered to people without impropriety. Two of them, namely pleading and thanksgiving, might be offered not only to saints but to people alone in general, whereas supplication should be offered to saints alone, should there be found a Paul or a Peter, who may benefit us and make us worthy to attain authority for the forgiveness of sins." - Origen of Alexandria [250 A.D]

Didn't the early Christians refrain from depicting Jesus and God because it was iconoclism? Something that thr Catholic Church is an egregious offender.

>to the Angel of Repentance, who is called the Shepherd
So he prayed to Jesus
>80 A.D
What are you smoking? Hermas isn't that early
>"Now supplication and plea and thanksgiving may be offered to people without impropriety. Two of them, namely pleading and thanksgiving, might be offered not only to saints but to people alone in general, whereas supplication should be offered to saints alone, should there be found a Paul or a Peter, who may benefit us and make us worthy to attain authority for the forgiveness of sins."
Gonna need the context, so some actual citation needed, but from this it sounds like he's talking about living saints.

>It is a completely made-up and unbiblical distinction. All you're doing is saying "we're not worshipping creatures because we said we're not".
Well we're not asshole. There is an actual distinction between worship and veneration. For example, when we "pray" to saints we are asking them to pray to God for us. All of our attention is locked on God. We wouldn't even be venerating the saints if we weren't worshipping God. The saints are holy men and women. They are in heaven. We honor them. We worship God alone and the ultimate act of worship is through the Eucharist which protefags lack and instead liked to play church and pretend they are doing the Eucharist like silly little children.

Also Matthew 16:18 faggot. Protestants don't truly believe in Jesus. You preach a flase gospel with a flase Jesus like Mudslimes with their Muhammad. Martin Luther is your Muhammad.

"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'" - Matthew 7:22 (i.e Protestants)

>So he prayed to Jesus
>Gonna need context
Did you literally just skim over those quotes and not even read them you fucking faggot? Because what you just said pretty much demonstrates you did.

Nope. Roman catacombs faggot.

>There is an actual distinction between worship and veneration
Would it be worship if I did the exact same things with Baal instead of Mary?
>we are asking them to pray to God for us
Which is Necromancy
>ultimate act of worship is through the Eucharist
Do I need to point out that it is blasphemy, idolatry and a sacrilege to worship bread?
>Also Matthew 16:18 faggot.
What about it?
>You preach a flase gospel
Therefore, having been justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
Romans 5:1
>Matthew 7:22 (i.e Protestants)
No Protestant would ever present their works to try and get into the kingdom. That's something Catholics do.
Not an argument
There are no idols in there

>followers of darkness
>any logic

You have to understand that these people are stupid and dangerous

>Would it be worship if I did the exact same things with Baal instead of Mary?
It would be worship because if you were praying to Baal you'd be praying to Baal as your god. When we pray to saints we are asking them to pray for us to God.
>Necromancy
You're mentally handicapped. That is conjuring up a spirit which is a sin. There is a communion, the saints on heaven and on earth, and thus we can ask each other to pray for us. The saints in heaven can hear our prayers through the power of the Holy Spirit.
>worship bread
The bread becomes Jesus. It is no longer bread. Jesus is God. We worship God. We worship Jesus. The Eucharist is Jesus. We worship the Eucharist. Obviously you missed the part in the Bible when Jesus says "This is my body, this is my blood."
> What about it?
Read it faggot.
>Romans 5:1
Yep, that verse describes Catholics.
>Works
Matthew 5:16 retard. And Matthew 7:22 is talking about how protefags like you claim to worship God and follows Christ even though you do not and so on judgement day you will perish. He will cast you away into the lake of eternal fire.

Muhammad's mother wasn't a mother when she had him. If you read the quran you will see that mary is very respected in Islam, they considers her to be the perfect muslim woman or something.

>wasn't a mother
I meant wasn't a virgin

>Would it be worship if I did the exact same things with Baal instead of Mary?

I think it's in revelations somewhere that at the end when everyone is judged before god, mary sits at his side and pleads for mercy for each sinner

all catholics do when they pray to her is ask her if she'd do that for us

I don't know if it's in protestant dogma too but catholic dogma says that you can pray for someone's salvation in their place, not just for yourself and when catholics pray towards mary and the saints all they do is essentially asking them to pray for them and/or their loved ones

>It would be worship because if you were praying to Baal you'd be praying to Baal as your god
I added 'exact same things' for a reason. If Baal is my god here then Mary is your godess, since i'm emulating you in this scenario
>There is a communion, the saints on heaven and on earth, and thus we can ask each other to pray for us
It is a sin to communicate with the dead
>The bread becomes Jesus. It is no longer bread.
Book, chapter and verse, please.
>"This is my body, this is my blood."
Obviously symbolism of the crucifixion, hence the reference to the bread being broken for us and the wine being poured out for the remission of sins. The bread and wine represent Jesus' sacrifice.
>Read it faggot.
I have, many times. What is your point?
>Yep, that verse describes Catholics.
So you have been justified by faith? You have peace with God, you will still be saved even if you commit a mortal sin?
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Romans 4:8
>Matthew 5:16
This doesn't say anything about works being salvific
>mary sits at his side and pleads for mercy for each sinner
This doesn't happen anywhere in the bible

Mary the mother of Jesus is mentioned MORE times in the Quran than the Bible, but you don't see Muslims worshipping her. It's another idiot reason Catholicism is a poorly revised and frequently changed religion.

>I added 'exact same things' for a reason. If Baal is my god here then Mary is your godess, since i'm emulating you in this scenario
If you're praying Baal you're praying to him as a god because Baal is a "god" not in anyway associated with God. You would be praying to Baal as a god. When we pray to Mary or any of the other saints we are not praying to them as a god/goddess you fucking dumbass. We are asking them to intercede for us in some way to God. We are asking them to pray to God.
>It is a sin to communicate with the dead
That applies to conjuring up retard. We do not conjure up the dead when we pray to saints.
>Book, chapter and verse, please.
Mark 14:22-24, Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34, Matthew 26:17-30, John 6.
>Obviously symbolism of the crucifixion, hence the reference to the bread being broken for us and the wine being poured out for the remission of sins. The bread and wine represent Jesus' sacrifice.
Obviously not when you have verses like 1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34 and most especially John 6 where Jesus is ridiculously clear it's more than just a symbol. You'd have to be a retard to read it as a symbol. Also, the early Church does not agree with you. The Fathers were pretty much unanimous on the real presence.
>So you have been justified by faith? You have peace with God, you will still be saved even if you commit a mortal sin?
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Romans 4:8
Notice how it doesn't say faith alone faggot, something which you simply cannot find in the Bible. And yes, we do certainty have peace with God when we are in a state of grace. When we are in a state of mortal sin we do not (John 5:16-17, faggot).
>Romans 4:8
What about it, faggot?
>This doesn't say anything about works being salvific
That wasn't my point faggot, I was refuting your claim that we can't do works in public.

*1 John 5:16-17

>I have, many times. What is your point?
You know my point bitch.

>If you're praying Baal you're praying to him as a god because Baal is a "god" not in anyway associated with God. You would be praying to Baal as a god
What if I pray to Baal as a saint? If I pray to Baal the way you pray to Mary, is it worship?
>That applies to conjuring up retard.
There shall not be found among you anyone who [...] inquires of the dead
Deuteronomy 18:10-12
>Mark 14:22-24, Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 10:16-17, 1 Corinthians 11:20-34, Matthew 26:17-30, John 6.
Where do these say the eucharist ceases to be bread?
>1 Corinthians 10:16-17
This is about the Church, the body of Christ is the Church.
It also refers to it as bread, not flesh
>1 Corinthians 11:20-34
Never even refers to it as Christ's body and blood.
>John 6
This never refers to the eucharist, an in fact happens before it. So this clearly isn't the Lord's Supper. Furthermore, John 6:35 defines eating and drinking as faith.
>The Fathers were pretty much unanimous on the real presence.
Objectively false
onefold.wordpress.com/early-church-evidence-refutes-real-presence/
>And yes, we do certainty have peace with God when we are in a state of grace.
That's not peace, that's ceasefire.
>When we are in a state of mortal sin we do not
So who is the blessed man of Romans 4:8, whose sins are not taken into account? It obviously isn't you, if your sins are counted against you.
>your claim that we can't do works in public.
Where did I claim that?

It's obvious you're a child by your inability to say something without profanity and insults.

>Bring up Muhammad's mother to Muslims: Who?

You're kidding, right?

what do you mean

You won, stop harassing that poor user.

kapppa