Would airships be part of the Air Force or the Navy?

Would airships be part of the Air Force or the Navy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=za8yd4Bu754
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Navy.

Because back when we had airships, they were assigned in the Navy.

>Zeppelin LZ 54, given the military tactical designation L 19, was a World War I Zeppelin of the Kaiserliche Marine (German Imperial Navy).
>The USS Macon (ZRS-5) was a rigid airship built and operated by the United States Navy for scouting and served as a "flying aircraft carrier", designed to carry biplane parasite aircraft, five single-seat Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk for scouting or two-seat Fleet N2Y-1 for training

I really wish we still used airships. I mean, they're even more defunct for military purposes now than they were in the 30s, but it'd still be pretty neat. At least they're coming back for scientific purposes.

Well, Satan, I'm sure you and everyone else know why airships were phased out of service in the first place, don't you?

for sure part of your autism

Because of an outdated airship which used hydrogen instead of helium (unlike its contemporaries) because Germany was poor which caused the public to go full retard?

>poor
That's a funny way to say that the USA refused to let them have the safe gas.

those are really low railings considering they are 10000 ft high

>Would airships be part of the Air Force or the Navy?
It literally depends on which one you think is cooler.

Because that's all airships are, rule of cool. We think the idea of "battleships in the sky" is a neat concept and we want to imagine how they might work.

Unfortunately in the real world, we have these things called "surface to air missiles"

It's not like Germany couldn't acquire gas elsewhere if they had the means (meaning money) to do so.

Probably the navy although such craft would never be built. A better question would be what spaceships would be classified as (Probably navy)?

It will probably be the "Space Corps" and be as different from the Navy as the Air Force is from the Navy, as space is its own operational theater with its own physical limitations. It will probably consist of people on the ground telling armed space probes who and where to shoot.

Nowadays Air Force.

In the past? Navy.

Depends entirely on how it evolved. It could even be a part of the military, kind of like "airborne cavalry".

Are there any good forms of fiction that have to do with airships?

And surveillance purposes.

Around the world in 80 days.

team Navy

Zeppelins were used by both, Navy and Army(airforce was unexistant until WW2 as a own branch), similar to the Naval Air Force the US has now.

Navy

USA was hoarding it.

Thats only because it was made with the help of the navy and used for scouting the seas. If its for ship support then they are in the navy but I doubt OPs ships are for any sea mission.

Well according to the most reliable source of knowledge I have on flying ships, which is the Republique de France DW Army booklet, they would be part of the navy.

They've coming back for cargo purposes. The biggest ones can carry as much as a small cargo ship, and will be able to fly across the world in half the time.

thats funny, the germans had plenty of gas when the jews were around

dis gon be gud

>he biggest ones can carry as much as a small cargo ship, and will be able to fly across the world in half the time.
How does an airship outpace an airplane?

Ship, faster than a ship user.

Ok, let me rephrase that, then.

What kind of blimp could outrun one of these?

It can't, but it can carry more and uses a lot less fuel. Not everything needs to arrive instantly.

Not to mention the Hybrid Airships can land anywhere while planes need runways.

I live in a disaster prone country I can't count how many times relief took days to arrive because the quake/storm/whatever BTFO the local runways.

You can get natural gas from places other than the United States. The U.S. didn't hoard the global supply of natural gas.

Helium is rare as fuck on Earth and the only place that had known significant reserves at the time period in question is the United States of America. Unless you'd rather they fill the Hindenburg with methane?

Last Exile was pretty fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=za8yd4Bu754

The U.S. got their helium at the time by pulling it from natural gas.

The air force would not be a separate component

The Army and the Air Force would both have their own air forces

but shields desu.

Are aircraft carriers air Force or navy?