For the first time since I had been in Barcelona I went to have a look at the cathedral - a modern cathedral...

>For the first time since I had been in Barcelona I went to have a look at the cathedral - a modern cathedral, and one of the most hideous buildings in the world. It has four crenellated spires exactly the shape of hock bottles. Unlike most of the churches in Barcelona it was not damaged during the revolution - it was spared because of its ‘artistic value’, people said. I think the Anarchists showed bad taste in not blowing it up when they had the chance, though they did hang a red and black banner between its spires.
How does it feels to know that George Orwell was a beastly pleb?

That shit looks like it was made in Africa, he was right

Daily reminder atheist are no better than the taliban when it comes to destroying religious artifacts.

Fuck off you stupid retarded racist fuckwit

All buildings in Barcelona look like shit. Fuck anyone who diasgrees and fuck Catalan people.

Its form is inspired by nature which is the antithesis of godfaggotry.

>Orwell's description of Kopp's background has been questioned. According to this source, Kopp had invented most of his own past. For example, he claimed to have been a Belgian and to have served in the Belgian army. Although personal records show that Kopp understood what was at stake in Spain, he privately also admitted simply being on the run from a broken marriage. He had an ex-wife Germaine Warnotte and five young children when he went to Spain.
A pleb and a lousy journalist.

Which is funny because the whole naturalistic design is supposed to be a tribute to God's creation.

The Sagrada Familia looks crummy from afar for the same reason Hindu temples do: Festooning the entire goddamn thing with unrelated imagery. It has no flow. It looks like a fucking drip castle.

Sagrada Familia is weird. You either fucking love it or hate it with a passio .
That being said Orwell was a huge fuckinh ignorant fuck, a bad journalist and indeed a fucking pleb.

Outside looks kind of retarded, but the inside is glorious.

>tfw I was high as balls and was tripping over Asian tourists looking at the lights

You take that back right now user.

The Sigarda is the only thing between us and the death of the church

lol being this triggered

It's not a cathedral, just a church. The cathedral in Barcelona is pic related

Even if the outside is a bit odd the inside is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

It is funny how much the Catalan goverment invested on remodeling the cathedral to look well and give the city some sense of historical relevance that it never had. At least Madrid doesn't LARP as hard. It looked like pic in the early XX's

Oopps wrong pic

It looked good

>a goberment shouldn't help finish the cathedral of their own capital

also most of the gothic cathedrals got changed or finished in the 19th century like Cologne for example.
Do you even know who Eugène Viollet-le-Duc is?

Are you buttblasted because of valencia match?

That was a wrong pic

I am not even from Madrid. But Barcelona always LARPs about their importance when they were a mid tier mediterranean city second to Valencia in the crown of Aragon and very little relevance overall until the XIX century

Orwell was an Anglo idiot. He also wrote an entire essay butthurting about Tolstoy just because Tolstoy criticized Shakespeare once.

youre in the wrong place dindu

wrong but whatever, I know your kind

Wish Corbu knocked it down and built a larger Notre Dame du Haut instead

>that gif
How exactly does Pepe punch someone with his right hand behind his head?

Racism is not approved, stupid frogposter

If racism triggers you then fuck off to your liberal arts college and cry about how an alien belief hurt your feelings

It's not upsetting, just annoying.

‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’

I'm from barcelona and i agree, dont come pls we're full