Brittany didn't survive to the modern age as an independent celtic kingdom

>Brittany didn't survive to the modern age as an independent celtic kingdom
Why live?

France is somehow even more of a cancer to surrounding lands and peoples than England is.

>Leave Britain to escape from the Eternal Anglo
>Land in Brittany, right beside the Eternal Frog

Fucking brutal. These guys just aren't getting a break.

Bretons might have had more hope for continued existence if they tried to sail to America in their shitty early medieval boats instead.

shut up and be french

only because england is not in the mainland

>Celtic Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Brittany and Anglo-Saxon England didn't survive to the modern day and form into an Austro-Hungary style multicultural union.

Hello darkness my old friend.

France's destiny is to make Europe a better place, by making it entirely French.

why would be surrendering cuck

>multicultural
Shhhhhh you'll summon /pol/

>tfw what little remains of Breton language and culture will die within your lifetime
I can't cope with these feels.

imagine being this ignorant and posting on a history board

>France conducted a ruthless campaign of cultural oppression to stamp out their native minority groups
>France bends over backwards to accomodate the culture and customs of foreign Middle Eastern and African minority groups
rly makes u thnk

>multicultural
>implying
WHOOOGIE WHOOGIE WHOOGGIEE
I am the /pol/-boog-man! Fear me and my redpills!

Even as an admitted Francophile it pisses me off.

Eternal Frank strikes again.

>I am the /pol/-boog-man! Fear me and my redpills!
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

France needs to go back to the good old days of brutally oppressing anybody who doesn't speak, act, and think French

What "breton" culture exists now will certainly survive a while. People these days love their minority identities and do significant efforts to preserve them.

France bends farther over backwards to accommodate the culture of local minority groups.
Street signs in brittany are bilingual, the language is not only taught in public schools but also used to teach other subjects, there's a public office for the breton language... Some years ago a prime minister ended a speech (that was about giving more power to the local administration) in Rennes with a sentence in breton. We don't do this for Arabs. Yet.

>brutally
We never killed anyone for not speaking French. Not in times of peace at least. We just forbade other languages in schools, discouraged their transmission and scorned the adult speakers.

My mother never learned alsacien from her mother, not because of any brutality, but just because no one thought it was worth the effort.

We do need to go back to this.
Fuck identities.

>We

Ein Volk, ein Reich.

made this chart for breton history

reminder Bretons are French just like Alsatians and Corsicans

/thread

That is LITERALLY what the UK was and is. Historians call it a "composite kingdom" (at least in my 19th century readings) because welsh, cornish, irish, highland and lowland scots and all the rest were inside. and desu when you have a common kingdom there has to be a main common language so we'd probably still get stuck with english even if it wasn't imposed from above

only since the 1490's

It wasn't though.

The UK never had any Anglo-Saxons or Bretons in it were more like France than Austria-Hungary in rooting out minority cultures. It was aspiring to be multicultural, it was aspiring a bigger version of England.

*wasn't aspiring to be multicultural

>tfw no United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland, and Brittany
>tfw no utter Channel dominance

also let's not forget, but definitely not include, Iberian Galicia