I dont get this guy. chomsky calls him a post structuralist/pomo yet he's a communist

I dont get this guy. chomsky calls him a post structuralist/pomo yet he's a communist.

explain him to me like im 5, reddit

He's vaguely what he left use to be. I.e more worried about economics and government instead of being worried about social issues involving racial privilege, racial guilt, racial victimization and feminism.

why though

he is the meme we need and deserve and once he understands his power he will leave his uni in slovakia to reveal his final form and endgame

Zizek is an avowed Stalinist (note the Stalin statue) informed by Jaques Lacan

*and poster. Missed that.

what he said about FEMEN was interesting
They were the Western Media's darling when they were attacking Russia, Pre Maiden Ukraine, The Arab world
The very moment that they even brought up Capitalism they were dropped hard and were seen as just another far left lunatics

Personal convictions?

he said that´s just for triggering ppl
OFC Stalin would have him shoot or gulaged

He's not a stalinist

He admits that 20th century communism is over and a new framework is needed

>critize capitalism
>taken seriously

>capitalism has absolutely no flaws

Communism, post structuralism, post modernism all share the same intellectual root in Hegel

*should clarify: Marxism, not Communism. Communism is the political answer to Marx's philosophy an important distinction

"Of course I'm not one of those new-Leninist types, that want to go back to 1917 *sniff* 20th century communism was an enormous political, ethical and social disaster."
The Stalin memorabilia is there for triggering people, he said it several times.

That picture is worth a thousand words

Interesting. Honestly can't claim I ever really understood him, or Lacan for that matter; what I know about his work is at least 10 years old from undergrad and pretty superficial tbqh, cocktail party chatter. Had a chance to see him at U of C, took a pass. Enjoying his pieces for Newsweek (!) however, and his commentary on Children of Men was brilliant.
t. Degree in Phil, Degree in Lit. Now an accountant ( ._.)

>yet he's a communist

He's not, hes just very vaguely left wing

How can he sleep at night under that death trap. The wood looks like its wearing.

>dude sleeps on a half a bunk bed
Wut...

Been there, done that.

you mean a bed? What makes it a bunk bed

Just look at it.

bump

Slovekian carpentry is stronk lad, enough to whitstand 1000 years of germanic yoke

This pretty much. Chomsky isn't even a Marxist so much as he is a political commentator who's really just controlled opposition.