Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome (PTSS)

Has anyone ever heard of this? Is this a credible approach to historical memory and psychology?

>PTSS describes a set of behaviors, beliefs and actions associated with or, related to multi-generational trauma experienced by African Americans that include but are not limited to undiagnosed and untreated Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in enslaved Africans and their descendants.[1]

>PTSS posits that centuries of slavery in the United States, followed by systemic and structural racism and oppression, including lynching, Jim Crow laws, and unwarranted mass incarceration, have resulted in multigenerational maladaptive behaviors, which originated as survival strategies. The syndrome continues because children whose parents suffer from PTSS are often indoctrinated into the same behaviors, long after the behaviors have lost their contextual effectiveness.

>DeGruy states that PTSS is not a disorder that can simply be treated and remedied clinically but rather also requires profound social change in individuals, as well as in institutions that continue to reify inequality and injustice toward the descendants of enslaved Africans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_Traumatic_Slave_Syndrome

Other urls found in this thread:

frontpagemag.com/fpm/262727/racist-trees-our-national-parks-daniel-greenfield
youtu.be/lmGqG3grTrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that feel when other ethnicities who were enslaved and discriminated against won't be allowed to play this get-out-of-responsibility-for-free card because blacks are special snowflakes

holy heck, they are really grasping at straws right no to paint themselves as eternal victims. And such delusions are funded by a university. No wonder America goes down the gutter

Has there ever been a human race that more desperatly wanted to be a victim?

>some random with a PhD in social work from Tijuana State University

Fascinating. Nothing in sociology is a "credible approach."

I guess Whites should have a lot of ptsd considering many of us have been enslaved throughout history.

Is there a Post_Traumatic_Slav_Syndrome?

ay mane when u a victim shit aint never yo fault cuz u jus a gud boi who dindu nuffin till whitey came an oppress u n shiet

>unwarranted mass incarceration
>unwarranted

It's bullshit to the extreme.

They're only taught that they're victims for political reasons because it's impossible to reconcile human equality with group differences in achievement unless those differences are 100% due to society oppressing or otherwise holding back a group.

Really makes me think. But then again, I can tell you're just another nazi because of the image you posted.

Okay. Post your PhD then?

Yes, they cope with it via vodka and krokadil.

>I suffer from PTSD because my great-great-great-grandfather was a slave
On par with "I suffer PTSD from Twitter" really.

This is so stupid that I find it hilarious.

frontpagemag.com/fpm/262727/racist-trees-our-national-parks-daniel-greenfield

>(((Greenfield)))
>Shillman Journalism Fellow
Is this a parody?

I suppose...

African Americans don't really have a culture to connect to that is pre-slave.

Their current culture includes and is influenced by constant reference to past horrors of slavery and racism

You didn't read the post did you

So you be saying we still slaves and shit?

Seems legit. NOT!

>African Americans don't really have a culture to connect to that is pre-slave.

Except they do. Everyone has genetic testing to tell them which tribe in West Africa they came from. The only reason they don't go to Africa and "embrace their heritage" is because it's a shithole and they'd just walk to the hood if they wanted to get shot.

natural selection can conceivably apply to people in slavery in ways that reinforces slave traits in their behavior, but no there's nothing psychological that gets passed on between generations from historical abuses lol wtf literally no evidence.

your best argument is that bad slaves ran off or died or didn't get bred and good slaves got bred and made better slaves who were better at slaving.

>your best argument is that bad slaves ran off or died or didn't get bred and good slaves got bred and made better slaves who were better at slaving.

This is meme darwinism. Slave owners fucking their slaves impacted the genetics of African Americans far more than any specious "selective breeding program".

So now they're even copying the Jews?

Because Jews apparently have transferred their holocaust trauma to younger generations biologically or some bullshit like that.

Apart from calling it Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome, which is retarded, this isn't a bad explanation of what you'd call "nigger" behaviour.

>can't go to woods because trees trigger you
>can't swim because water causes you to have slaveboat flashbacks

Poor niggers, is there anything out there that doesn't trigger them?

Yeah, (((them)))

>captcha includes a banner with 1933 on it
pottery

That behavior exists every where they are that coddles them.

>unwarranted
If the US is so terrible they can go to Liberia (USA in Africa).

DELET THIS!

Maybe going back to Africa would fix their problems.

Remember to go see "Get Out" or else you're a racist - You're a racist even if you see it anyway actually, that's the whole moral of the movie! You're racist because you're white, you vermin.

Not really. None of these things are root causes. What enables people to roll up and enslave you and take over your entire continent, why do blacks make everywhere they go look like subsaharan Africa, why do they remain in poverty when other people from shaky backgrounds (everyone in history - more recently the Slavs, Chinese, Jews and Irish) do fine? Black people become niggers in civilisation, just as pure white Aryans become cucks. Increased technological power enables the weakening of the human being as an individual and as a social being. Allows biological deterioration and stupid choices. Thus niggerishness and cucks.

Honestly, it could be legit. But I question whether or not it could last for so many generations.

If there are some genes that could epigenetically be inherited by the next generation, it does seem possible that kids could for example inherit genes for higher neuroticism for example.

>Irish
>not the same they were 200 years ago
Do you know how many fucking illegal Irish immigrants there are in the U.S. in 2017? Micks fuck up everything for everyone.

Leftism (hey, they're not perfect but give them free stuff and enable their socially harmful decisions) is a result of technological enablement. It hits a bottom at some point though (late Athenian democratic madness, Roman urban poor, Weimar Germany, Sweden cucking itself to oblivion) and then more moral (evolutionarily successful) people come and conquer/settle in the territory of the group.
Eg Islam in Europe.
C
U
C
K
E
D

>Leftism (hey, they're not perfect but give them free stuff and enable their socially harmful decisions) is a result of technological enablement.

Oh hi Ted, didn't know you had Internet access nowadays.

This is mainstream Landthought. It's also featured by Fox: foxnews.com/opinion/2013/06/25/was-unabomber-correct-about-horrors-technology-combined-with-government.amp.html

>Ted Kaczynski, aka the Unabomber, was rightly imprisoned for life in 1998 for sending bombs that maimed and killed three people and injured 23 more, from 1978 to 1992

I love that that caveat is the first line, it's how every discussion of Ol' Ted starts.

>Now I'm not saying Kaczynski was right but....

>The syndrome continues because children whose parents suffer from PTSS are often indoctrinated into the same behaviors, long after the behaviors have lost their contextual effectiveness.
Can't they just acknowledge that they still have structures like "black" churches even though the apartheid was abolished?

Can a man's ideas be judged separately from his actions?

Not to normalfags.

Now, if you want to completely avoid any kind of ad hominems when discussing the perils of advanced technology just quote from and reference Jacques Ellul, since that's where Ted got most of his good ideas from anyway.

I don't disagree with any of Ted's analysis of objective processes, only with his anti-tech conclusions. I feel safe in the idea that nature will do as it does and that we will probably get AI'd sooner or later. Probably partially as a choice to augment ourselves with tech, as we already do. He was not wrong that tech will be the end of the human.

>multi-generational
stopped reading there

Why, is that word too big and confusing for you lmao.

People pass things down user. In the niggers' case it may be high time preference and low IQ, but the problem may be exacerbated by trauma and a culture of low expectations.

What White Americans have done to African Americans is truly a heinous crime.

Hitler and Kaczynski may or may not have made some poor choices, but they knew their enemy.
He was a very sensitive man. A humble artist who set out to change the world and committed suicide after systematic bullying.
Rest in peace, Reichs-cowboy
youtu.be/lmGqG3grTrg

All white people will become our sex slaves in the future.

Get ready honkies.

front left guy has his heels up => western spy.

>just as pure white Aryans become cucks
I was going to give you an actual reply and refutation but this gave away the trolling

are you implying that Africans have no culture? Sounds pretty racist

charnel pits

I expressed myself as a troll, but the views were more or less genuine

finally, my irish ancestry pays off

when do the english pay me reparations?

Really makes you think...

more like Most Dramatic Slave Syndrome

what truly ails black people are high testosterone levels + low future-time orientation + quasi-southern redneck culture.

Memes aside, literally this.

>The only reason they don't go to Africa and "embrace their heritage" is because it's a shithole
its a shithole (atleast this much of a shithole) because of years of colonial meddling..you know that right?

So?

Actually it's not unlikely: this PTSS thing is implying that only the niggers with a criminal mindset thrive and survive, while civil black people are the ones getting shafted.

Not an argument.

nah, it was pretty shit before, with no great philosophers or scientists.

>Dr. DeGruy holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Communications; two master degrees in Social Work and Clinical Psychology; and a PhD in Social Work Research.
Wants to make up a magic solution to the causes behind suffering of "her people".

it was shit before colonial "meddling" and it enjoyed it's most prosperous and relevant years in human history under colonial rule. The brits for instance built railroads and mines and all sorts of infrastructure and when they left the Africans proceeded to abandon what was given to them and then devolved back into endless civil war. All the infrastructure was maintained about as well as a black student maintains his binder. Decolonization was a mistake for africa, they literally cannot handle self determination

this

Whites

This is why slave morality is cancer.

I remember watching the big questions and some black lady was going on about this. Thought it was retarded back then and still do.

>This fucker got money, phd and recognition while writing obvious bullshit while I'm still here neeting.
Perhaps I should get degree and write bullshit too. I wonder where the hell they got the money.

>I wonder where the hell they got the money.

Sorry user, you're too privileged to get any funding.

The guy who wrote that was probably a privileged upper-middle classman Jews who get funding from his rich distant-uncle who happen to be a banker. And no I'm not white.

Sounds interesting

I think it's that's a real problem for them as a community because they try really hard to build an artificial bride to their past with all this "we wuz kangs" stuff.

That's why I don't like moking them for it because it has to be hard to be lost without heritage and Knowing were you're from.

Besides Native Americans, no other ethnic group in the US has experienced such persistent and deliberate repression.

This is retarded. By this logic then Jews shouldn't be thriving anywhere, considering the millennia they have been persecuted. Yet Israel, a country descended from those who suffered mass persecution in Europe, is a first world country and a lot of Jews are thriving in Europe.

>a bunch of bullshit happened that made black people develop a shit culture
There, saved you time.

>Everyone has genetic testing to tell them which tribe in West Africa they came from.
The tribe lines broke down on this side of the Atlantic, your average Black person is 75% a hodgepodge of everything west of Chad and 25% Irish.

Oh boohoo. My grandfather turned 18 at Stalingrad and spent 10 years in a Siberian gulag with a survival rate of 25%. His family were mostly wiredrawers, one of the most strenuous jobs that exist, and dropped dead at 50. My other grandfather died of infection from being shot in the lung in the War of Spain. My great-grandfather died in Russia stabbed to death by partisans, and his side of the family had every woman raped by the Russians and then got deported out of their homes forever. Another great-grandfather got his brain fried by mustard gas in the trenches while his brother had half his face blown off. Their family was mostly textile workers who died of lung cancer from breathing in toxic fumes 14 hours a day. And all of this is just in the last century. What syndrome do I get awarded?

The main problem with niggers is that they and everyone else would rather look for excuses for them being failures rather than let them take responsibility for their own lives. I find trying to appropriate the suffering of your ancestors as an excuse for being a whiny spoiled cunt deeply indecent and disrespectful.

Jews
They still buildt Holocausts museums today

lol wat

Given what a great place ethiopia is...