Be me

>be me
>be incredibly into prussian and austrian history
>not a neo-nazi, i do just genuinely find Germany to have a really fascinating history to study
>neo nazis ruin the topic and give anyone who likes prussia a bad name
>literally in the comments of every german history documentary, telling people to watch TGSNT
>wehraboos are literally impossible to argue with so its even worse

What are some other history topics ruined by their own fanbase? Byzantium, Russia, and Japan also seem like good examples.

You should find a profile view pic of Bismarck to shop in there otherwise it looks like chicky is fantasizing about cucking old Biz with some brunette lad.

But yes I feel your pain, your only course is to embrace your inner Nazi and consider them no more shameful than any other historical asshole.

I feel you, though I find it easier to ignore the wehraboos in the first place since I'm not white. Now anything to do with Islam? That's a shitshow, whether you run into WEWUZ'ing Islamists, 'muh pedophile warlord' Crusader LARPers, or 'do you mean stolen Greek/Zoroastrian science' ethnic nationalists.

There is literally nothing wrong with larping.

The crusades and larpers who think fighting migrants makes them a Knight Hospitaller

I feel you
>Interested in Japanese history
>Find late 19th and 20th century history of the country really interesting
>Based Meiji
>Japanese colonialism is really interesting
>Russo Japanese war is also really interesting
>Get called weeb

It's one thing for someone to cosplay an anime character for a weekend convention about a show I don't care about, and another for someone to shitpost with endless copy-pasta, infographics, 'Any questions?', and the same meme over and over again, especially when all I wanted to do was find a nice lecture, article, or discussion about 14th century Damascene Sufi saints and brotherhood lodges.

If your favourite historical period and place happens to be a historical 'bad guy' a mere century before they turned 'bad' then yeah you are the problem.

It also shows that you haven't read a lot of history. And that you're a brainlet if you pick favourite history based on how you can relate to the people, i.e. after industrialisation.

FUCKING NOOBS

By larping I mean actually living by the crusader philosophy and having the same goals of retaking God's land, not actual LARPing in the game sense. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it's only current modernist society that discourages any sort of devotion to an actual ethos and goals that aren't liberal democracy.

This is the dumbest post on Veeky Forums desu

Found the brainlet

I wouldn't say so, the competition is rather fierce, after all.

This is why you should get into incredibly obscure topics normies will never ruin like Mapuche wars, Central asian states in the 19th century or 1950's Burmese politics.

(OP)
Sweden
>we are greatest fighters in the world! Just look at that one battle

American history, especially the Civil War

>fascinated by Bronze Age
>some faggot names himself Sargon of Akkad and starts a youtube channel that isn't about history

>dat pink haired anime girl in the corner
I see yo

made me chuckle

Finding someone to ERP with you using your favorite history subjects and settings however is pretty dope.

I'm trying to imagine being such a dickless wimp that I have to not like something because people I don't like are liking it.

>that I have to not like something
/v/ pls, we're REEEE'ing over normies and LARPers in peace over here.

>I mean actually living by the crusader philosophy and having the same goals of retaking God's land

That's LARPing in the "game sense". None of you retards have any intention of shipping off to Israel as an invasion force and the fact you're trying to convince people online really just shows how pathetic your movement is.

>that discourages any sort of devotion to an actual ethos and goals that aren't liberal democracy.

No, it just encourages putting your money where your mouth is instead of barking like a dog on an anonymous shitpost forum.

"W-WE'LL KICK OUT THOSE NASTY JEWS SOMEDAY BOYS! HONEST! BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK!"

>Giving a flying fuck about other people's opinions or cancerous fanbase

PROTIP: They're all cancerous. Fans are shitty human beings.