Tell me more about the greatest empire the world has ever seen

Tell me more about the greatest empire the world has ever seen.

it doesn't seem to control anything that matters.

It was founded as a humble city-state April 21 753 BC.

>The Holy Land
>Doesn't matter

>Iceland

It really doesn't. I guess Gibraltar matters, but all I really see if deserts and shitty mountain regions. Seems all the good parts of Europe are still in comfy white hands.

In fact, all that land gives you a bad conception of what the balance of power actually was because Europe was busy getting rich with their colonial empires.

the only thing worth a damn about that dessert shit hole were the harbors connected to the silk road.

But user that isn't the Hittite empire, it's some disgusting nightmare of mutant nation.

>Make thread about the Ottomans
>Can't even post the right map of the Empire
>Post the Ummayad Caliphate

The Ottomans at their peak looked like this

You do realize they control almost all of the parts the Roman empire considered actually relevant besides Italy?

It deserves remembrance for its amazing ability to create a state where jews, christians and muslims lived in peace and even worked with one another.

It's not the ummayads either though, they never conquered anatolia

give back constantinople you turds

>tfw thought the turkposter had returned to shit up this board even further
dont scare me like that

Come and get it papadopoulos.

Why do poor European plague rat infested lands matter?

>holy land (geopolitical and religious center)
>silk road
>Anatolia and the nile, some of the most fertile lands on earth at the time
>Gibralter, one of the world's most influential and important passages
>this is just turds, we're not speaking about Ummayads with their roman-size empire

thats not the borders of ottomans. and christians and jews were always second class citizens by law and in daily life in ottoman empire.

>second class citizens

sounds pretty fucking good in a time like the medieval ages and a whole fuckton better than being treated like a sub-human awaiting certain lynching by getting scapegoated for a random flu outbreak amongst local christians

My Kushite brother from another Akum mother.

Meanwhile Jews and Muslims were treated with perfect equality in Christian Europe am I right?

the sheer amount of trolling in this image is wonderful

Can you put your trip back on so I can hide your posts

Not how it went turkbar

It was pretty fucking gay. The male equivalent of belly dancers were far more popular than the female ones

If it was so great, then it wouldn't have collapsed.

Republics >>>>> Empires

TIL the turks invaded Iceland

When will Murad grace Veeky Forums with his Oriental knowledge once more?

>oriental

It's just not the same without the trip.

nor Iceland..

I'd rather be a second class citizen than get my land destroyed and either be forced into exile or into the religion that did it.

>the greatest empire the world has ever seen
>not rome

Did they really have Province?

>Implying the Ottoman Empire wasn't the 3rd Rome

No, they didn't own half of what they show. Like wtf, Iceland? What?

Well, it has a tendency to bomb the countries shaded in green.

In Spain, yes, until they weren't and were told convert or gtfo
But before that they lived with each other fine enough.

They had corsairs/barbary pirates raid Iceland for young women/boys for the Ottoman slave market.
It was called the "Turkish raids" or Tyrkjaránið and at one point it was apparently legal to kill any Turk setting for on Iceland without and repercussion until 1970 when they abolished it with other wacky laws involving killing Basque whalers.

But yeah, that aside, they never actually controlled the region of Iceland and it's just Turkish autism/funposting that shouldnt be taken literal.

>mfw constantinople will never be christian again

christcucks BTFO

>mfw the entirety of Turkey is gonna be Kurdish in a few years
genociding all those armenians in east Anatolia sure paid off in the end

Holy shit. Turkey was already a bunch of anatolians LARPing as central asian steppe nomads, but are the Kurds seriously about to add another layer to this massive LARP? I'm actually kind of excited to see how deep this rabbit hole will go by the time I'm dead.

Kurds don't LARP though

They create their own fictive reality while revision existing historical documentations.
Expect the Hittites and their Empire to be a Proto-Kurdish state in the near future.

oh wait, it already happened

cCc

what the fuck is going on in Iceland

see

Björk and being forgotten about.

post yfw T*rkey will vote to become Kurdistan in your lifetime

>Post the Ummayad Caliphate

Not even the Umayyads were that big.

It is a weird map made by some neckbeard Muslim that can't get laid so he paints maps green.

Turkroaches love to post oversized maps of the Ottoman Empire that include millions of km2 that were never Ottoman.

>implying muslims could be the successor to Rome
lmao

Times change. What was important to the Romans is hardly that important to people nearly 700 years in the future. Actually, the ottomans are pretty much responsible for ruining those lands

Kek should have known, shitposting is a national past time in 'Straya

it was. you obviously read jack shit on the subject. the memes about ottoman atrocities were exaggerated, isolated incidents during the late empire. outside of conflict areas jews and christians were self governing and even if they got involved in court with muslims there were always strict laws and procedures to follow which, in fact, officials followed pretty well.

>implying rome didn't stop existing the second it became christian

Thats an old map though one thing erdogans religious faggotry brought was increased birth rates for turks.

>No Uganda
Are you even trying, even the ottoman empire wiki page used to list it in the 'today part of' section.

Balkanian here
Anyone with in depth knowledge of the topic? I know this is Veeky Forums and the pinnacle of your conversation are topics like Hitler, Cold War U.S or shitposting modernist philosophers, but a man can hope

The Ottomans utilised deportations, connecting "business" and "pleasure", meaning stomping a revolt and populating scarcely populated lands (read: Anatolia and Middle East holdings). The Christians had relative self-governance, super-imposed by Islamic laws (not familiar with these). Trade and naval establishment was held by Greeks especially (Orthodox Greek families), the infantry/artillery was usually drafted from Slavic converts, the cavalry backbone from the Turkic tribes. They posed a serious maritime and land thread in the 16th century, kept fucking Europeans over salt and silk prices every time they got into a diplomatic fit. The Ottomans saw themselves as a European power, despite the "Kayser-i Rum" controversy

I firmly believe that what brought about their downfall was not militarily "collapse" . the 17th Janissary chimpouts, but Europeans being sick of depending on the Turks for their goods and orienting towards the Atlantic (Which resulted in the decline of their economic importance from the 1700es to their fall). Also, the 16th-17th century Jelali revolts really hurt the empire economically...

Back the fuck off, Morocco was never conquered by the Turkroaches.

What is this nigger empire that you are talking about?

Koprulu come back.