Can someone explain what the fuck happened while I was sleeping

Can someone explain what the fuck happened while I was sleeping

CHYNA

The price fell, user.

Was waiting for someone to post this

Mr. Shekelstein and Mr. Wu decided to take their profit.

Yeah.

The prices only went up because the Bancor ICO was coming up and people wanted to buy in. This was fucking obvious to anyone with half a brain. Now that the ICO is over, it's time to sell. Also obvious...to anyone who isn't fucking retarded.

no it was murricans and eurpoors who sold like dumbasses.

The chinks are the ones buying at this spirce

Why has ETH, used for bancor ICO, held on whilst DGB, not used for bancor ICO, been hit hard?

Be honest user did you read something on here you didn't really understand but want to repeat anyway?

I think a bunch of people fucked up and sent eth from their exchange accounts too

ouch

Not OP but its because it was done in ETH so everyone bought eth with other coins which caused them all to drop, which was then sent to the ICO which wouldn't cause a change in the price.

Bitcoin and everything in crypto went down today along with the tech stocks today like Apple, Google, NVIDIA etc.

It has nothing to do with crypto itself at all.

Again, it was Bancor. Bancor got a shit load of ETH, like $150 million, and because they aren't complete idiots they decided it was time to cash that out. People also knew this would happen, so they sold as well.

What? ETH went up for Bancor. Now it's going down cause Bancor ICO ended.

DGB was a classic "buy the rumor sell the news" case. It has nothing to do with that beyond the fact that when ETH or BTC moves too fast up or down, people panic buy and sell instead of trading altcoins like DGB so altcoins will always take a hit.

DGB fell because people sold the news and there's nothing compelling them to buy back in yet. If more updates come out, there will be. That was also very predictable. I sold at the top of DGB because I didn't look at the price, only the time. Selling shortly before the news comes out will always be the best way to do it.

Now I just have no reason to put my money back into DGB. Give me a reason if you want.

Pretty much everyone knows that ETH went up and down today both because of the ICO.

This, I think, is completely wrong. When regular stocks fail, crypto goes up. Today's movements were almost entirely because of ETH.

That's a good sign for anyone who manages to buy in the dip.

I'm seeing a whole lot of red with ETH still in solid green. Bancor ICO only 150MM worth, 1% total cap

t. Next month

then why has the price already rallied??

sold at $360, rebought at $334. Not bad, I would say.

The simple answers:

People are liquidating BTC to buy ETH for 2 reasons.

One reason: Buy into bancor
2 reason: They see ETH strength and are abandoning BTC.

That's because hype causes ETH to go up when a big ICO comes out. It's a good thing.

But ETH shot from 420 to 308 today before rebounding.

Congrats. I've been buying a little more each time it sinks down all day.

TSJINUH

I think you get it user, but how does BTC dip play into this?

I think ETH is big enough that when it moons, BTC actually goes down.

That and I think it's psychological for people once BTC is around $3000. People stop buying in around that level and I think it's going to push up there a few more times before completely breaking through that threshold where most people will comfortably buy it above $3000.