>And the tower of Babel

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafsir
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying those are the only two options
>implying it isn't intended to be literally true and is simply wrong

Most people who think genesis is an allegory think babel and the flood are as well.

Genesis is a historical book, so it's meant to be read in a literal narrative sense.

There are poetic, prophetic and apocalyptic books in the Bible - and Genesis is not one of them.

>historical book.

Imagine being this retarded.

incoming amazing atheists LARPing as YECs to """"bait"""" people

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Not an argument.

This so much. How can you people not see it?

>Not an argument.
I wonder how anyone would take your ´argument´ seriously.

Still not an argument.

>atheists are this delusional

He's dumb. Christians don't say that those gods aren't real, they say that those gods are demons.

>>Genesis is an allegory
>>B-But the Adam & Eve story is true
Adam and Eve story is in Genesis. I can't think of anybody who holds both of those opinions.

HERE'S THE STATE OF EVOLUTION TODAY: "Evolutionary theory itself is already in a state of flux… all the central assumptions of the Modern Synthesis (often also called Neo-Darwinism) have been disproven" - Professor Denis Noble, Evolutionist, Physiologist and Biologist, May 2013

1. Abiogenesis. They have given up on it and now say it's not part of evolution theory.
2. They are now admitting that they have no explanation for diversity. So now it's not evolution either.
3. They have given up on the fossil record since it looks like creation. So now they say they don't need the fossils.
4. Gould and associates say there is no gradualism (no transitionals). Stasis is the underlying factor in the fossils so it's not evolution either.
5. Random mutations and natural selection produce nothing so that's out too and they are rejecting it as evolution.
6. All they have left is the common ancestor monkey. The inability for "kinds" to interbreed destroys that one so it's not long for this world.
7. PE is now a failure so it's out as evolution as well.
8. The “tree of life” has also been rejected.

Pagan pantheons all originate from Babylon. Pagan "gods" are the fallen angels and Nephilim that the book of Enoch talks about. Also known as the Annunaki by the atheist "ancient aliens" crowd.

Is he, and I am asking this in all seriousness, insane?

Christian here, by the way.

The guy I am replying to? I don't know.

Evolutionism is an insane and ridiculous ideology, but there are plenty of idiots who believe in it.

>book of Enoch
Are you Russian orthodox or Coptic?

>feeding the fat 30yo fedora who thinks the height of sophistication is pretending to be YEC online

C'mon, Veeky Forums. You can be better than this.

Neither.

0/10 here's the reply you were looking for

holy shit atheists really ARE this delusional.

they think anyone who disagrees with them is just "pretending", that is the height of delusion or paranoid schizophrenia

The Muslims commentators are right on this one; it is an allegory. Adam refers to the first race of men, not physically the first man.

so what are you doing with a pseudoepigraph like 'Enoch?

The author wrote it to be taken literally.

Why do you ignore the author and force your own interpretation on the text?

Islam is a false religion by the way, debunked so many times it hurts. It has no connection to Judeo-Christianity whatsoever.

Except the Koran itself states there is NO allegory in the Koran, everything is written in plain Arabic so anyone can understand it.

I know Enoch and Jasher are not considered canon, but they are interesting nonetheless. They provide great detail to what happened in the antediluvian world.

>The Old Testament doesn't apply anymore. Jesus fulfilled the prophecy
>B-But the 10 commandments still apply
>A-And all that shit about gays!

like spaceflight. Enoch is a fucking amazing book that's true.

If you actually read the commentaries and hadith you would understand that is very spiritually sophisticated and makes actual sense, as opposed to outdated Christian commentatries. Interpretation of the Koran is crucial to its understanding.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tafsir

>another one of these threads

Religious discussion needs to be banned from Veeky Forums.

>>Genesis is an allegory
>>B-But the Adam & Eve story is true

Are you an idiot?

But he's true though, the burden of proof is on you my friend.

>capturing a king with a king
>Christians actually believe this is how chess is played

>God is an incomprehensible force outside of reality
>But he's also a Great King who has a Son and

>2017
>worshipping a bully

It's mythistory

I worship a bull in bedroom.

>Post some fucking popculture standup nobody instead of making an argument 101
>It's fallacious to boot

Fuck off back to beddit

>Pagan pantheons all originate from Babylon.

Does that include those on the other side of the Earth?

>implying Earth has sides

*tips fedora for milady

None of those things are true. But it is true that Vishnu descended to earth many times in many forms in order to help the Devas against the evil of the Asuras. Once the Kali Yuga is over, he will come again as Kalki and wipe out all wickedness, bringing about the Satya Yuga.

>scientists aren't allowed to revise their theories but theists can move goalposts and bakpedal all they want because "muh faith"
kek

Why hasnt religious shit been moved to /x/ yet

how come rama is the only one depicted as green is there a hindu canon reason or is it just artistic rendition

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
Also, insult != ad hominem

Heavy use of allegory is present, this doesn't mean the stories aren't true.

For example, although we know that Adam & Eve were ancestors of humanity (note that this doesn't mean that we are biological descendants of only one pair - for an animal, e.g. a hominin, to be human it needs to have a rational soul) and they did commit the original sin, but this doesn't mean that every single detail is literal.

Someone please refute natural selection for me, do not honestly believe it can be done.