Is there anything more "interesting" than Iran?

Is there anything more "interesting" than Iran?

A country with a modern air force, nuclear
weapons, secret services, hackers, etc

Yet their politics are based on religion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y45rzmDaABI
plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato-ethics-politics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

F16s from 1975 are modern now?

these are F-14

and they aren't that old

shall i remind how old are F-15s or F-18s of top air forces?

Israel too

I personally love Iran.
t.White American.

Really, they're just the Shia flavoring of the same bullshit the Gulf States do.

>they're just the Shia flavoring of the same bullshit the Gulf States do.
That goes a long freaken way. Also Persian instead of Arab.

I do have to give them credit for their appreciation of the most AESTHETIC aircraft ever built.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y45rzmDaABI

Arabs ruined Iran.

They used to be the most brilliant culture on the planet, but Arabs raped them into becoming backwards, superstitious, uncivilized trash like themselves.

The worst part is, the Iranian """nationalists""" are the ones who demand that Iran sacrifice its own future in the pursuit of Arab ideas.

This. Pre-islamic Iran was magnificent

Whoa, Arabs. Of course.
For one Iran isn't backwards and for the other it may have to do with a repressive dictatorship being followed by an even more repressive theocracy.

It was like that pre-revolution. Also remember the Islamic golden age was Persian Sufi Islam.

Idk man. I'd make the best out of the situation instead of clinging on the a glass half empty view of events.

>iranians

>le shitskins

I'd just like to point out that it was the Mullahs who imposed both dictatorships in the first place.

Everyone ignores that the mullahs fucked Mossadegh.

Because of Operation Ajax

And because Arabs had imposed their shitty religion on Iran.

I'm just saying, an "Islamic Republic" is the single most cucked form of government Iran could possibly have picked.

I'm still hopeful that Iran can change its ways and become more moderate/secular. Rouhani seems to be much more sensible than Ahmadinejad. Though I'm worried that the orangutan will find a way to fuck it up.

Yeah because all those Islamic Persian polymaths in the middle ages didn't exist right? The current sad state of Iran is the result of being Merican'd not Arab'd.

>"Islamic Republic" is the single most cucked form of government Iran could possibly have picked.

it is working, though. it is, and was intended to be, an islamic interpretation of a technocracy.

khomeini was a respected scholar of plato in his day and the influence of plato on the system of government he devised is pretty clear

we wuz darius and xerxes and shiet

Not really just arabs, Islam is what did it.

>it is working, though

You're going to have to explain your metrics here.

>F16
>The image if very clearly a F14 (intakes, two-seated)
>It says F14 in the darn filename
Cmon

>nuclear weapons
OP pls

Iran/Persia is a really interesting country. They got BTFO by the Greeks, the Romans, the Arabs, the Mongols, the Ottomans, the Brits and the Soviets and yet they always return strong. It's a country with many ethnicities and yet they manage to remain united. What is their secret?

it's one of the best educated countries in the world and has a decently diversified and sustainable economy which isn't bad for a country that's been sanctioned for decades

don't get me wrong i'm not cheerleading for the regime or the system of governance but it's definitely confounded our expectations

Why do platoists invariably end up totalitarian retards? The point of the philosopher-king was WISE governance, not beheadings and actively turning gays into trannies (like seriously wtf????)

The whole concept of the Republic was totalitarianism, spoiler: it was never intended to be taken seriously. See also: Leo Strauss and Neoconservatism.
Those Tomcats are ~40 years old, and as far as I know they don't have the boneyard to keep them maintained.

Iran/Persia is a fascinating deep culture and by most metrics a natural ally; BP and the CIA done gone and fucked it up.

>The whole concept of the Republic was totalitarianism, spoiler: it was never intended to be taken seriously

Neither of these statements are true.

>The point of the philosopher-king was WISE governance

i would hazard a guess that khomeini, as a muslim and platoist, felt that islam offered 'wise' governance

Wise governance is turning gays into trannies.

t. Veeky Forums 2017

Judging purely by the number of posts about Iran on this board...yes. Here are some more interesting subjects:
WWII
WWI
Alexander the Great
Roman Republic
Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire
The Holy Roman Empire
Bismark
Russia in general
Soviet Union
American Revolution
French Revolution
Russian Revolution
Napoleonic Wars
Humanities crap
Chinese concubines

here's your reply

i offered no value judgement. i just suggested that a muslim probably thinks that islam is a good idea otherwise he probably wouldn't be a muslim

it was fanaticism with islam. people become religious zealots who completely forgoed science not knowing that it can exist completely on the same realm as religion.

>implying all muslims think turning gays into trannies is a wonderful

Even for an islamist, khomeini is fucking insane and the fact you bring up plato to even marginally defend his beliefs is a joke.

That's nice sweetie. Karl Popper would disagree. OTH Many have argued The Republic should be read as a cautionary tale, there's plenty of scholarship to that end. In the meantime, here's the cliffs notes: plato.stanford.edu/entries/plato-ethics-politics/

i'm not defending his beliefs you fucking moron

>Many have argued

Are you Wikipedia?

JSTOR exists friendo.