Was Allah and Bible God the same man?

Was Allah and Bible God the same man?

Other urls found in this thread:

bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=K-OYBSIAgBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tdta81E8IY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The "Bible God" isn't even the same figure in all of the Bible. Your question makes no sense.

Muslims can consider the Christian god as their own god, as they both have the same Abrahamic origin. Christians however, do not regard the Islamic God as their god. As for christians Jesus is God but is rejected by muslims as such, instead he is merely a prophet of God raher than part of him.

We are all a part of God desu senpai. We all came from him, we are all children of God. We are all the sons of God. We are Jesus and we die for our own sins.

pretty sure they are. You know, Jesus and Maria and shit are in the Quran as well. Islam is to Christianity what Christianity is to Judaism. Roughly.

That is a picture of a Sikh man, not a Muslim that worships Allah.

Continue

They share the same origin as the god of Abraham. Semitic religions share the same origin story and share prophets and figures for the most part.

so we can expect a christian holocaust at the hands of the Turks later?

Same man? No.

Same God? Have to be, since there is only one.

God = Man

"There is part of me that is not of the Gods."
~Gnostic Mass

>There is *NO* part of me that is not of the Gods
shit

Yes, not much evidence of it being related to some pagan pre-Islamic deity. On the other hand there are loads of parallels with the Bible god down to the individual biblical accounts.
All this talk of demons and pagan gods is just butthurt Christcuck shitposting.
The only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is that it's a compiled mishmash of Biblical and extra-biblical beliefs bundled into single book, not unlike the book of whoremon.

They're "supposed" to be as per Mohammad. Allah is derived from "El" or "Ellah" or "Elle" which simply means God but also is the name of a Semitic God

Well, that's not entirely true, Islam is partially build on Arabian paganism, for instance the Kaaba itself is probably pagan, so are many of the rituals around it, also the cultural background in which Muhammed wrote was steeped in Arabian paganism, which definitely influenced the religion.

Then again, you can say much of the same about Judaism and subsequently Christianity, so calling Islam 'pagan' doesn't mean all that much

Kinda? The Koran is based off the Old testament.

This is basically what the Aztecs believed.

that makes sense

>implying hes wrong
remember that god's spirit dwells in us all

>so we can expect a christian holocaust at the hands of the Turks later?
>later
oh user

For that matter is the OT God the same God as the NT?

Having a son really calmed God down from his wild years. Kids take a lot out of you man.

You christians are ok don't go to the theodesian wall tomorrow.

ayy

Yes

Theologically - Yes.
Historically - No.

Bible's God himself is an amalgamation of three distinct phases and culture.

First: The Original "God" in the Genesis is a plural principle "Elohim" (which modern day Judaic theologians and conservative scholars vehemently deny) and most definitely signified the dualistic divinity of Sumerian Pantheon. The benevolent Ea and Vengeful Enlil. This dualistic principle is somewhat tried to be censored in the Genesis 2 by compounding the "God" with Yahweh as "Yahweh-Elohim" - scholars overwhelmingly agree that this censure was the result of Babylonian Scriptural Upheaval [during the years of exile]

During the time of Abraham, El Elyon is the supreme manifestation of "God" (as we would understand it today, the benevolent father) and syncretically corresponds to Ugaritic El. The term El is the north-Semitic form of generic - "God/Divine". It's southern counterpart (Southern Arabia and Bahrain) was ílah, the prototype of "Allah later.

Second: The god of Moses, famously punned as eyah, asher Eyah. (I am that I am). Technically it is a redundant statement, even for Hebrew but you must understand that at the time of Moses, there was no Hebrew language. It was the northern-Semitic Canaanite and Eyah was the voiced pronunciation of western-Semitic Ea. Thus the pun was "I am who is called Ea."

continued...

No.

Third: Ugaritic comparative mythology sheds light that El Elyon was the head of the Elohim mentioned in Genesis and Yahweh was one of the 70 sons of God. This history is later redacted in Biblical sources as 70 sons of Israel, contradicting and confusing the narrative. Yahweh himself was a southern storm deity, patron of Yahu (Hebrew) people. Genetically they weren't invaders of Cannan but a subset of them. But during the times in Babylonian exile, the history was willingly redacted to distance Hebrews from the Pantheistic structure and this is mirrored in the ascent of Yahweh against other Gods, who are lambasted as being mortal-like.

This was the final time when Monotheism was stone-graved in resistance and reaction to Pantheistic Babylon, who themselves were a southern-Semitic Pantheon of same gods.
Now, ílah worship has no surviving records but the excavation at Bahrain corresponds to older history of Sumer which called Bahrain as Dilmun. The patron deity was the daughter/s of Ea. Thus for a long time, a father God was exalted by the way of his daughters. Just before the fall of pantheistic Mecca exalted Allah and his three daughters. Mohammad retconned the Arabian theology and monotheistic imagery of Hebrews was declared, adopting Arabic compound - Allah.

conti...

You are a liar and deceiver.

Theologically - Yes
Historically - Partially Yes

The first three Gospels are speaking about God in terms of Judaic theology
The gospel of Luke, a disciple of Paul, Paul's letters and doctrine are heavily influenced by Hellenistic theology so the idea of God departs heavily from the Judaic understanding.

It is the one excuse Muslims give when they count Jesus, aka Isa (in Koran) as being merely a prophet and that Paul twisted the teachings thus invalidating the Christian - this is the theological belief.

Historically - Muhammad bought scriptural scrolls of both TaNaKh and Aramaic Gospels and incorporated in his theology. To legitimize his claim, Pauline doctrines were an opportunistic coincidence.

Also: user is correct. Kaaba comes from the mystical form of Judaism - Kaabalah that is the god of the cube. But it wasn't always so. It was the place of a statue eerily similar to the statue of Heracles which once was near opening of Mediterranean but of a female deity who was syncretic to Babylonian Ishtar, a goddes of war and love. Her crest was the five pointed star. Her father was Sin (not English Sin, but Babylonian name) whose crest was Crescent moon - the symbol of Islam universally.

Yeah, sure. I'm not asking you to believe me anyway.

>triggered by textual criticism

Knowingly lying is not criticism.

The shit he's spouting has been debunked already. Only atheists believe in the "Jews came from Canaan" myth when history and scripture says otherwise.

>The shit he's spouting has been debunked already. Only atheists believe in the "Jews came from Canaan" myth when history and scripture says otherwise.

Theological feelings are invalid user.

Jews myth has been buried, excavated so many times that if someone claims they are aliens wouldn't be that outrageous at this point.

I don't give a fuck what atheists think or Christian thinks. I am a scholar and I believe in meticulous studies. If that offends your religion, you are free to disagree but don't argue history with a book that was written with an agenda.

No, you're a dishonest piece of shit spreading your anti-Christian venom to the unaware. Just another scumbag trying to prevent people from accepting the Bible.

bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology.htm

If you were an actual scholar, you'd look at the mountains of archeological evidence that points to the orthodox/traditional story as being true.

Instead, you're a pseudo-historian that believes in pseudo-history.

dude israelites were probably native canaanites. there is very little if any evidence for exodus. they probably invented the story in order to create distinctiveness from other canaanites.

C O S M I C
O
S
M
I
C

>bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology.htm
im not him but nothing in the link disproves what he said. No one outside of deluded fedoras are saying that the biblical stories were completely madeup wholesale. There is a very real historical backdrop behind those tales and of course archaeology will validate that.

Israelites are descendants of Jacob, Isaac and ultimately Abraham.

Abraham came from the Chaldeans, so if you're going to be edgy and contrarian it's better to claim that the Israelites are originally Babylonians.

>there is very little if any evidence for exodus
Nice meme!

youtube.com/watch?v=K-OYBSIAgBQ

>Israelites are descendants of Jacob, Isaac and ultimately Abraham.
All are likely mythological figures.

>Abraham came from the Chaldeans
That is problematic because 0 evidence has been discovered indicating that the Chaldeans existed in Mesopotamia (or anywhere else in historical record) at the time Abraham (circa 1800–1700 BC) is believed to have existed, the evidence instead shows the Chaldeans as arriving some eight or nine hundred years later.

>youtube.com/watch?v=K-OYBSIAgBQ
not gonna watch a 28 min vid. If you've watched it, then feel free to TL;DW it

>Noah's ark found in the mountains of Ararat, Turkey
Check
>Millions of brimstone sulphuric balls found in Jordan (where Sodom was struck by fire)
Check
>Bottom of the Red Sea floor littered with Egyptian chariot wheels
Check
>Mountain where Moses/God met found in Arabia near Sinai, fenced off
Check
>Drawings of "golden calf" on cave wall near the same mountain, where the Israelites dwelled for a while
Check
>Ruins of Jericho found
Check
>Canaanite inscriptions telling us of how the Israelites invaded their land
Check
>Canaanite inscriptions asking Egypt for help
Check
>Assyrians mentioning King David's family
Check

..It goes on and on.

By the way, the Bible was the first to mention the Hittites.
Atheists used to think there was no such thing, until archeologists actually discovered remains of the Hittite culture.

When a fedora claims there is no proof for the events in Exodus, he's lying to you.

Sigh. I haven't seen this much triggering since I discussed Aryan Migration Theory.

You are actually proving my point. The image that Hebrew were some monolithic, one identity society since the beginning of Abraham was never there, to begin with. That image was created gradually over many centuries until a small kingdom was established around Jerusalem.

There are three distinct phases of so-called Hebrew identity - the native southerners co-existing with Canaanites, the so-called Habirus who were most definitely the exiled Egyptian dynasty of Semitic origin who were akin to marauders (there was never a 100 000 or more strong people wandering through the desert)

The blog you have given as example have mistakenly attributed relics to mismatched times and locations. A deep analysis is not the scope of this place. But I will try to address it as I get time.

Orthodox or Traditional story of Bible isn't even orthodox anymore so how can we test it's legitimacy. The translations omit many things, the Babylonian redaction deletes many things. The only sensible and reliable study is through comparative analysis.

But I see that you are already triggered by you Christian sensibilities. So I will stop. FYI, I am a Christian too, Protestant to boast even; our literal belief is quite strong. But I don't mix my belief with academic studies.

Why don't you provide proof for your wild claims?
I want a citation on the bullshit you're spewing.

Yes, will do later. Because I can see that you are quite triggered.

But it will take time, to chronologically archive every link in accordance with the post so don't get triggered into oblivion that I am ditching the discussion or spewing lies, just because I don't post it immediately as you demand.

Yes.

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=tdta81E8IY4

No.

>was god a man
I don't think so, Tim.

they are all the same jewish propaganda, religion only differs because of the time and location of its conviction it serves its purpose correctly until it meets another and a fight breaks out of whose version of the adventures of sand jew is canon.

* "Elohim" – Vertical Translatability – re-interpretation of gods as the national God of Monolatrism - Gods in Translation, Mark. S. Smith, Yale University.

* "Sons of God" - Ugaritic Literature and the Bible, Simon B. Parker, Near Eastern Archaeology, The American School of Oreintal Research [Ugarit is what was known as Canaan]

* Stele Records:
# Merneptah (Egyptian) Stele: The determiner is for people, not land. Israel is either a nomadic marauders aslo known as Shasu or they are Canaanite because they are wearing Canaanite clothes in the picture of Stele. The seed spoken is either literal grain seed – an agricultural society or seeds aka semen i.e. Sons of pastoral Shasu. Late 13th Century BCE - The Identity of Early Israel: The Realignment and Transformation of Late Bronze-Iron Age Palestine, Whitelam.

# Kurkh Stele: Multiple Vassal "States of Israel", First half 9th Century BCE - What's in a Name? Neo-Assyrian Designations for the Northern Kingdom and Their Implications for Israelite History and Biblical Interpretation, Brad E. Kelle, Journal of Biblical Literature, The Society of Biblical Literature.

# Mesha Stele: Chemosh is to Moab as Yahweh is to Israel, national gods of Nation-states. Israel is the oppressor., Late Half 9th Century BCE. Neo-Assyrian and Syro-Palestinian Texts I: the Moabite stone, Brian B Schmidt.

# Tel Dan Stele: Highly controversial, found in Israel, between 8th-7th BCE, mentions House of David (interpretation open based on btydwd not having identifier spacer) but name of Kings illegible.

* The Book of Joshua sets itself up in early 13th Century BCE but the story revolves around places and cities that existed between 7th-6th Century BCE, in and around the time when Israel went into Babylonian Exile, the time when the Book was finally completed. - A History of Ancient Israel and Judah, Second Edition, Miller and Hayes.

Please provide this eventually so as to give this Veeky Forumstory board the shred of historical information it deserves. I'd love to read it.

The post above yours was posted my me. If you want something specific, please ask regarding the specific detail or specific time period and I will try to curate it accordingly. I will also tell you however, that some topics might be outside my area of study because I focus on Ancient ME history and so the New Testament time period is rusty for me.

*tips fedora*