Tfw the two greatest Frenchman weren't even French

>tfw the two greatest Frenchman weren't even French
>Charlemagne/Karel de Grote was Dutch
>Napoleon was Italian

How do frogs even live with themselves, lmao.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salic_law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

France deserves a nuclear holocaust

>Karel de Grote was Dutch
Ich mag Euch Sumpfgermanen wirklich.

>WIR

France has a history of winning/status quoing against giant coalitions, when you have a history of winners of course it would take the best of the best to stand out amongst the rest.

>Charlemagne
>Dutch
what are you, fucking retarded?

>Charlemagne was Dutch
He was Frankish.

NOUS

Charlemagne was French, and you, German niggers are in fact French(Gaulish R1B) rape babies.

When you a see German women next time you will think of the French bulls who impregnated her Saxon ancestors centuries ago.

>charlemagne
german

>napoleon
corsican

>wiliam the conqueror
norman

>louis xiv
basically spanish

lmao

In a certain anachronistic way he was Dutch, the lex salica, one of the greatest accomplishments of the Frankish empire had a small part written on it which we now generally accept als old Dutch.

>Old Dutch maltho thi afrio lito
>(Modern) Dutch ik meld, jou* bevrijd ik, laat**

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salic_law

Charlesmagne was from a later time, but he did speak the same Germanic language for all we know. So in a certain way he is Dutch, though I personally would be a bit careful with such anachronisms.

Why is it that anytime France is mentionned, the Francophiles and -phobes seem to go in a battle to see who's the most autistic?

Implying that the Gauls were not raped into extinction by the Italian manlets that swarmed over the Alps

Then the French would go on to cuck the remaining anglo-saxons 300 years later. Really makes you think.

>200.000 Romans(population of Rome)
>Replacing 5 million Gauls
Pick one

It is also the contrary we raped our way in Northern Italy and created Cisalpine Gaul and Transpadine Gaul
Anyway you can't refute genetical facts with weak bants m8

>based Navarrians
>Spaniards
"Nah".

>we

are you American?

>French
>Bulls

Ehmmmm...

True
Stallion is more accurate

t. 16.5cm

Europe won't look as impressive if the map included Africa, you know.

Not so much

>Greatest athlete of all time was Algerian
>Greatest Philosopher was Swiss

But Charles De Gaulle was a greater Frenchman than Charlemagne

>the two greatest Frenchman weren't even Fre-

>Leprechaun dicks

Marie Curie was Polish.

The greatest talent of the Eternal Ribbit is to steal people from other countries and make them their own.

>rousseau

lmao

I'll take the bait

Charlememe was Frankish. Trying to claim him as french/german/dutch is pure wewuzism. Also those three countries have much better historical figures.
Charlememe discussion should be forbidden on Veeky Forums because is pure /int/ bullshit.

Napo was french no matter how much this makes Luigi scream. Italy wasnt even a nation in the 18th century and Corsica was part of france so there you have it.

>Charles de Gaulle married Yvonne Vendroux on 7 April 1921. They had three children: Philippe (born 1921), Élisabeth (1924–2013), who married General Alain de Boissieu, and Anne (1928–1948). Anne had Down's syndrome and died of pneumonia at the age of 20.

>De Gaulle always had a particular love for Anne; one Colombey resident recalled how he used to walk with her hand-in-hand around the property, caressing her and talking quietly about the things she understood.

Damn I wasn't expecting those feels

>Southwest Asia statistics
>mfw the memes are true

>tfw the greatest english were actually french

As a Moroccan: Fuck De Gaulle and all French generals and politicians from the first half of the twentieth century, but this does actually make me feel for the guy.

>Hitler wasn't German but Austrian
>Richard Lionheart wasn't English but French
>Napoleon wasn't French but Italian
>Wellington wasn't British but Irish

I notice a pattern

John Churchill, Michael Faraday and Issac Newton were not in any way French.

>Teddy Roosevelt was American as fuck...

combo break!

>charlemagne
>german
Nope, German ethnicity appeared a century after his death
He was Frankish (aka neither French nor German)

>napoleon
>corsican
Yep

>wiliam the conqueror
>norman
Which basically meant French in his era
Some of his ancestors were Danish, but he himself had very slight Danish admixture (less than 20%) and zero cultural link with them

>louis xiv
>basically spanish
Genetically speaking, he was surely more Spanish than William the Bastard was Scandinavian
That being said, his mom wasn't a pure Spaniard but a mongrel mix of Spanish, Austrian and French

The Churchill family is descended from the French invaders
Don't know about the others

>wellington wasn't British but Irish

Being born in a stable does not make one a horse.

he might not be greater than them but louis xiv was pretty great

I guess England wasn't ruled by an English king since 1066 then

>b-but Henry V was totally English!!!! He was born in England and spoke English!!!!

Being born in a stable does not make one a horse.

He dressed like a fag with silly wigs and lost all his gains

>The Churchill family is descended from the French invaders

distantly...12th century. John Churchill was as French as most modern Americans are.

That's a quote from Wellington you thick fuck. It's amazing how getting your ass kicked once in 1940 has turned your entire country into a bottomless salt mine.

>Implying the Welsh aren't the original Britons and the rightful rulers of the land
Tudors totally count

>That's a quote from Wellington you thick fuck.
Doesn't change the fact it's wrong
Wellington LARPed as an Englishman because Ireland was pathetic in his era

>It's amazing how getting your ass kicked once in 1940 has turned your entire country into a bottomless salt mine.
Why do buttdevasted brits always assume you're French when you argue with them?
This board really needs flags

How does it feel to get so utterly dominated by another country that you have to resort to claiming that no one is actually from that country?

You forgot William the Conqueror btw.

>Napoleon was E3b

So France was always ruled by niggers?

Wellington was Anglo-Irish. His family were English colonists in Ireland.

Much like how the British aristocracy is French colonists in England.

>Implying I'm a brit
>Implying I just don't amuse myself by bashing retards on Veeky Forums that come in here with an agenda and no historical knowledge.

Even better, you're some pathetic cuck who's latched onto French culture because your own irrelevant shithole doesn't have any history of note.

>nappy was born 1(one) year after corsica was sold by genoa to france, therefore he was 100% ethnic french
I fear you might just be retarded

hey retard, you're confusing Corsica and Sicily

kys

>''''''ethnic''''''''' french

You dont even know what you're talking about. French citizenship has never been based on blood. If you were born in France you were french even before the revolution.

>born in France
>French subject then citizen
>studies at French schools
>general in the French army
>crushes every other country in Europe and brings France to rule over them all
>his last words were literally "La France"

>hurr he wasn't French

see , I really want to know.

Ethnicity isn't exclusively based on blood either, people who use "ethnic" like that are just delusional racists who are also too pussy to use the word "race".

He was a French citizen of Italian ancestry. This is indisputable. His birth name was "Napoleone di Buonaparte". Does that sound French to you?

Also,

>omitting the fact that he fought for Cosican independence early on and never learned how to speak French properly

So? Everyone has foreign ancestry, what are you even trying to say?

Napoleon spoke French perfectly well, he just had an accent. And he was an admirer of Pasquale Paoli when he was young, but then came into conflict with him.

>Normans
>French
wew

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon

>His first language was Corsican, and he always spoke French with a marked Corsican accent and never learned to spell French properly

>Upon graduating in September 1785, Bonaparte was commissioned a second lieutenant in La Fère artillery regiment.[21][note 4] He served in Valence and Auxonne until after the outbreak of the Revolution in 1789, and took nearly two years' leave in Corsica and Paris during this period. At this time, he was a fervent Corsican nationalist, and wrote to Corsican leader Pasquale Paoli in May 1789, "As the nation was perishing I was born. Thirty thousand Frenchmen were vomited on to our shores, drowning the throne of liberty in waves of blood. Such was the odious sight which was the first to strike me."

So exactly what I said.

We aren't talking about citizenship faggot

No, you're just talking about how hilariously buttblasted you are at France. Do go on.

Austrians are German
Richard was Norman, not French
true
Wellington was born in Ireland to an English family

George Washington was British.

>Pierre calling me buttblasted

>Austrians are German
t. muh heritage American who knows nothing about European history

>Richard was Norman, not French
You sure know how to pass for a retard
Richard was an Angevin (from Anjou), not a Norman
And anyway, Normans were already pretty much identical to other French in 1066, so don't get me started on 1157

>Wellington was born in Ireland
Thank

Like Hitler

But some niggers like Napoleon are alright

>French People started with Ernest Renan
Kys

Time to contact my broker and bet all my money on france winning gold medal in acrobatics next olympics, because if this is the level of mental gymnastics the frogs are capable off, we rightfully have to be scared.

What's your problem as a Moroccan with de Gaulle?
To my knowledge regardless of what happened with French colonialism there he didn't have anything to do with the French protectorate there and establishing control nor with the decision to grant independence, although I guess it could be claimed that he didn't let it go in 1945.

Literally the only reason Austrians are considered different is that they have a different government

Napoléon was French, its only the Germans with their autism about blood who would insist otherwise. Napoléon was French by merit, integration, and position, as any civilized society lacking the retardation of the Eternal Teuton would be able to accept.

>Marat

Sardinian

the ribbitts were always good at jumping

>it is possible to change your ethnicity by "merit, integration, and position"

Because they have an entirely different history
Ever heard of the Habsburgs?
Austrians are as different from Germans as Irish and Americans are from the English

explains France's well adjusted negro population

>In an era where mentally challenged children were lobotomized, sent to an asylum or shunned, especially by prominent people, all De Gaulle did instead was love her until the day she died.

Austrians are Bavarians are Germans. By your logic ("Habsburgs") the British are German.

WE

>De Gaulle's relatives all testified that the General, who was normally undemonstrative in his affections for his family, was more open and extroverted with Anne. He would entertain her with songs, dances, and pantomimes.

>Anne died of pneumonia on 6 February 1948, aged 20, at Colombey-les-Deux-Églises. Upon her death, her father said: "Now, she's like the others." ("Maintenant, elle est comme les autres.")

>On 22 August 1962, Charles de Gaulle was the victim of an attempted assassination at Petit-Clamart. He later said that the potentially fatal bullet had been stopped by the frame of the photograph of Anne that he always carried with him, placed this particular day on the rear shelf of his car. When he died in 1970, he was buried in the cemetery of Colombey beside his beloved daughter.

I spent a lifetime hating him. Why the fuck did I do this to myself.

Only the germemes came up with the idea that ethnicity must equate to nationality

Germans truly ruined everything with 'muh blood'

The sad thing is that many of the retards spouting that bs are Americans.

Why are you identifying this as a German phenomenon you nutter. Blood is important everywhere. Guessing you're a shitskin immigrant who's buttmad that you'll never really belong

>The Churchill family is descended from the French invaders
What a ridiculous statement.

English is not a race, it's a combination of French and German.

Any man born in England and speaks English as his first language is English.

What? How long does a family have to live in England to be English then?

Having a small amount of Norman ancestry doesn't mean a person isn't English, but I wouldn't go so far as to say blood has literally nothing to do with whether a person's English or not. Jamal and Abdul are not Englishmen

>muh blood

am I on /pol/

>but I wouldn't go so far as to say blood has literally nothing to do with whether a person's English or not. Jamal and Abdul are not Englishmen

So how many generations DOES a person's ancestry have to be from England to be English?

Any number of generations you pick is totally arbitrary. Ethnic Nationality is a meme.

English = descended from native Celts and Germanic invaders (Angles, Saxons, Jutes, and Normans)

What percentage do they have to be related?

My family is entirely english as far back as I can trace, except for my great, great grandmother who was Norwegian. Am I English?

Let's say a French family moves to England in the 15th century. Their Children all speak English, they marry english people. Are their ancestors in 2017 English?

It's a retarded system with completely arbitrary grounds.

Then you are mostly English with a very small amount of Norwegian blood.

Then they are mostly English with a very small amount of French blood.

Not complicated.

But am i an englishman?

Are they englishmen?

>dutch
He was a frank you moron.

Culturally, yes. Ethnically, mostly.

So therefore, John Churchill is an Englishman.

Case dismissed.

Never said or implied he wasn't. Not the same guy you were arguing with earlier

Fair enough, that's the only statement that really angered me.

r1b are literally niggers lol