You know, Greeks cucked back the Romans at the end

You know, Greeks cucked back the Romans at the end.

At that point the Greeks were pretty much rulling themselves for 200+ years in a state named after the dudes that conquered them and proudly referring to themselves as such. I'm not sure whether it was some weird Stockholm syndrome or just pure autism. Either way, the Greeks were well cucked in one way or another from 100 BCE until 1830 CE.

>Greeks got continually cucked so hard by the Romans that they ended up liking it and taking the name "Roman" for themselves
>Germanics fucked Rome so hard they ended up liking it and taking the name "Roman" for themselves.

Why was everyone so obsessed with claiming themselves as Romans? Is it a legitimacy thing, or just for the hell of it?

It's was "the empire" everything else revolved around it.

Rome is an ideal. Imperial, prosperous, united, high cultured.

Why didn't the barbarians want to stay barbarians? Why did they turn into faggots who love baths and worship a Jew? Why did they try to emulate someone they defeated?

Because they liked it better?

Which way is more logical to you?

change from a tent-dwelling, ax-wielding, poo-in-street and wipe-with-my-fingers barbarian to a high-cultured, highly-civilized, bath-owning patrician, or the other way around?

His reign is a nice cutoff for the beginning of a "Byzantine" Empire

I don't know mane, being a manly dude with a long braided beard raping & pillaging while living the good free life in the old European forests fighting, hunting and foraging sounds pretty good. I would assume they viewed the civilized folks as pandered pansies living like cattle.

you sound like a teen

Same will happen with French and English.

Well, those pandered pansies kept on BTFOing the badass barbarians for 900 years (with few losses here and there) until the pandered pansies started dropping the Gladius and picking up the cross.

>I would assume they viewed the civilized folks as pandered pansies living like cattle
They did, but once you actually conquer those "pansies" you realize how much better they have it compared to you and your mud hut and take over the local culture and customs

Cannot one idealize and admire the early state of primordial rudamentary society without being called immature?

We can also call you a faggot pleb if you'd prefer

Asterix and Obelix is Gaul propaganda.

>Slavs and Turks spend the centauries weakening the Roman Empire
>both try to claim its legacy when it finally dies

>weakening the Roman Empire
There is a different, they are wewuz Byzantine, who in turn wewuz Roman

>both try to claim its legacy when it finally dies
This didn't happen, one Ottoman Sultan called himself "Caesar" one time in correspondence. People overblow this into "the Ottomans considered themselves the true heirs of the Roman Empire" which is absolute nonsense.

Because violence between two societies is often driven by contempt and contempt is often driven by envy, and envy is a pathological coveting of the other.

Pic related, a black woman in a performance with imagery alluding to an anti-white black nationalist group. This same black woman is almost never seen without her hair dyed in blond or without using skin-lightning cream.