Church founded by St. Peter who was handpicked by Christ to be the foundation of the church

>church founded by St. Peter who was handpicked by Christ to be the foundation of the church
>church founded by obese drunkard king who wanted to divorce so he could shag more women

Other urls found in this thread:

graceway.com/articles/article_017.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're right OP, Protestantism really does make more sense.

>church founded by obese drunkard king who wanted to divorce so he could shag more women

Perfectly valid reason, la. If I was a king, I would have done exactly the same.

You forgot the part where Paul fucked all of it up.

>break from the church
>think the people would be mad
>are actually mad because you half-assed it

Anglicanism is really pretty indefensible, and probably deserves to die. Fortunately, it's dying right now.

>church founded by St. Peter
Never happened.

The RCC was founded by Constantine. The disastrous result of mixing paganism with Christianity resulted in the abomination we now know as Catholicism.

The Reformation was a reaction against the corrupt and satanic practices of the Papacy, also known as the Antichrist beast system.

t. Jack Chick

I don't even know who that is, nice try.

Oh, really?
graceway.com/articles/article_017.html

Allahu Ackbar!

>comparing Christian figures to pagan figures

Do we really want to open this can of worms? Obviously this can apply to more than just Mary.

The "Mary" of Catholicism is not the real Biblical Mary.

It's Semiramis/Isis/Cybele.

Citation needed

>women holding children in the most natural position
Golly gee, it's a a conspiracy from Saytan.

Man, if you told me 10 years ago that Veeky Forums would be the setting for mainstream religious sectarianism in the future, I would've kek'd harder than I ever have in my life.

You know every religion is founded by either some hobo high as a kite or a schizophrenic retard, right?

A fat drunkard sex maniac founding a new religious sect isn't all that far-fetched, when you put things into perspective.

The Two Babylons

Peter believed that justification is by faith alone

He also told them to go and disciple all the nations.
All the Churches that were then founded don't automatically lose grace when the leadership has a falling out with the leader ship of another.
What was said to Petre was an example of what it meant for all the other disciples then and thereafter. Anyone with some knowledge of building knows that any construction is going to require multiple foundation stones.

They should have painted this guy with his dick exposed.

Gonna need more detail than that.

Please don't call the Anglican heresy protestantism, it's really just Roman Catholicism with a worldly monarch instead of a pope.

yes, and that's why say in England - fuck the pope and the donkey he rides on

...theyre a bunch of child molesters , nearly as bad as the muslims.

t. Puritan

no, atheist

Brits or catholics now?

>refers to Anglicanism as heresy
>atheist
You can have one

I can also call them a sect, that's not exactly yours to decide

Not true, Anglicanism is strongly influenced by Reformed theology but employs a Catholic appearance.
Pretty much all Protestant styles are derived from the styles and custom of Catholicism of which they originally broke off from.

>childbirth is venerated in human culture

wow

Yeah nah, you may want to leave your island for a week or so and have a look at actual protestant churches and services and reevaluate your false statement.

Except childbirth isn't what was being worshipped in pagan cultures.

You don't know the story about the Babylonian legend of Semiramis, Baal and Tammuz, do you?

I don't see any domes in Protestantism or bearded clergy with long robes. Rather I mostly see simplifications of the Gothic arch and pipe organs everywhere and a Latin script in their prayer books.
Maybe you should leave your island of ignorance instead and have a look into some writings or evaluations on the subject.

To venerate something is way off worshiping it

I venerate accomplished sportsmen but I don't pray to them as gods

>a Latin script in their prayer books
You won't find that in the Lutheran faith. Stay British bro, don't let outside influences harm you,

his physical decline to obese drunkard only came after he broke with rome, likely as a result of a jousting accident that seriously affected his mobility and ability to excercise, prior to 1536.

its also the case that the catholic church had deviated far from the intentions of the early church founders with popes having assumed far more temporal power than was conceivable to Peter or Paul, the papacy was also far too subject to the whims and wishes of the continental european rulers, as was shown during the avignon captivity and the line of demarcation in the new world.

in geopolitical terms the break with rome was exactly the right thing to do, freeing england from obediance to a a organisation that did not and never would have any real interest in the wellbeing of england

When a Catholic says 'venerate', they usually mean worship
i.e. "We venerate Mary"

But he continued to let his advisors burn true Christians at the stake...

And made them all swear obedience before him in all matters of the Church.

So it was no better than the current Pope.

Meant to add true Christians as in protestants who said faith about Pope and the King.

it beats doing things the old way.

far less blood and burnings

The Reformation in England wasn't finished. That's why the Puritans were needed.

Yeah and they had to kill the fucking king.

No, when a Catholic says venerate, they explicitly don't mean worship because worship is reserved exclusively for God.

When a Catholic says venerate, they mean worship that doesn't count as worship because the infallible pedophile said it's not worship.

>i don't know what latria and dolia are
Also you broke a Commandment, there's no evidence the Pope ever molested anyone.

Catholics on suicide watch

The latria-dulia distinction is contrary to both scripture and reason. It is nothing more than the claim it's not worship if we say it's not.

>The latria-dulia distinction is contrary to both scripture and reason.
How so?

Your obvious baiting aside, it's really not worship. Prayers directed to saints are more often than not requests for intercession and to pray on your behalf. The "worshipping" aspect you probably refer to is just honoring a saint.
And no honoring a person is not the same as worship. I admire a lot of writers and thinkers, love their works, rely on their writings sometimes but I don't "worship" them so much as just fanboy and look up to them as people I should strive to be like.

Is that why the Catholic church prohibits kneeling before anything but (what they believe to be) the Presence of Christ?

I mean you're allowed to kneel before statues of saints but again, you're not to worship said saints. Think of it more along the lines of a knight who kneels before a queen or something. You're not worshipping said individual because they're clearly not God but they're a person of very high esteem and you should show respect. But even then kneeling is voluntary and not something you really have to do but people choose to because of humility, respect, etc. Personally I find it a little dramatic unless I'm somewhere cozy, indoors, and appropriate.

Jehu doesn't care if you insist you're just venerating, if he catches you kneeling before an image of Baal, you're toast.
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
Kneeling before something in a religious context is an act of worship. When a knight kneels before his queen, this is a secular act, not a religious one.

Don't argue with the Protestant troll. It's my experience that American Protestants are the most ignorant people to talk to about religion.

>O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.
Oh boy you left out the very end of that prayer. How convenient.
"Pray for us! O holy mother of God. So that we may be worthy of your sons promises". Again, people love Mary and look up to her as a mother, they praise her, but they don't worship her as a God.
>Kneeling before something in a religious context is an act of worship.
>I am an authority on this faith and because I say so Catholics are definitely worshipping saints even though I'm not Catholic myself and literally just assuming this is what's going on through their minds.
I love your bait, user.

>Jehu
I thought his name is transliterated "Yeshua."

Jehu was a king of Israel, he executed the priests of Baal
>they praise her
Another act of worship
>>I am an authority on this faith and because I say so Catholics are definitely worshipping saints even though I'm not Catholic myself and literally just assuming this is what's going on through their minds
It's impressive you managed to cram so many errors into a single sentence.
>>I am an authority on this faith
Thank you for proving my point, that the only argument for the latria-dulia distinction is "it's not worship because we say it's not"
>because I say so Catholics are definitely worshipping saints
No, because biblically speaking it is worship. Latria and dulia are used interchangeably in scripture. When John fell before an angel, the angel told him to worship God alone.
>even though I'm not Catholic myself
Again, completely irrelevant and the implication that worship only counts as worship if the people doing it call it worship. It is worth noting however, that I am a former Catholic, so you are also wrong.
>literally just assuming this is what's going on through their minds.
It should go without saying, but worship is an act, not a state of mind. You can deny something while you do it, that doesn't mean you're not doing it.

Religious discussion belongs here

Pussy is why most religions are set up. You just know that Jesus was porking his female followers.

Except he wasn't.

Yes he was.

That's blasphemy

>leave your island
I hope you know that Scotland is Calvinist

No he wasn't. Jesus is a dogmatical construct, a myth. He did exactly what the Bible says he did, because he's a character in a book.
The 'real' Jesus has nothing to do with Christianity.

I hope you know Scotland is atheist like the rest of Europe

That's one theory. My theory that Jesus was big-dicked pimp daddy with hoes hanging off is nuts is just as valid.

You're both going to hell

You are literally just pulling assumptions out of your ass as to how people view these saints and treat them.
Seriously, stop baiting.
>I was formerly Catholic
So are you basing all off this on your own experience of possibly committing a heresy or something? Did you just find yourself accidentally worshipping a saint and so now you just assume and declare that all Catholics are most definitely worshipping saints.
>just because people say they don't worship saints doesn't mean they aren't
And just because you say they are worshipping these saints doesn't mean they are?

:( Why tho. I didn't hurt any pups or nothin' :(

Is it because I took a poo in the corner?

Not their fault that Charles I was utterly incompetent when dealing with his Parliament.

>how people view these saints
Proving my point yet again
>So are you basing all off this on your own experience
No, i'm basing this off scripture.
>Did you just find yourself accidentally worshipping a saint and so now you just assume and declare that all Catholics are most definitely worshipping saints.
Again, worship is an action, not a state of mind. Worship is something you do, not something you think.
>And just because you say they are worshipping these saints doesn't mean they are?
Quite true, which is why I never claimed as such. The latria-dulia distinction however is little more than the claim worship is not worship if called something else.

Oh come on. It's an undisputed fact that Catholics are idolatrous paedophiles.