ETH SCAM, YOU'VE BEEN HOODWINKED

This is what we are talking about actually. Let me break them down for you:
There are no examples of Ethereum contracts being secure at scale.
There are examples of catastrophic failures that are unfixable in flight without forking the network.
Even simple token contracts have apparently been loosing and trapping money.
There are no examples of ordinary users creating demand for DAPP tokens. That entire business model is unproven at any scale. More importantly there is no evidence that this potential demand justifies the current valuations of the tokens.
There are no examples of DAPPs attracting ordinary users or outcompeting their centralized competitors. Just in gas costs they present users with an upfront onboarding cost that traditional apps don't.
There are regulatory questions about tokens. They appear to be securities based on the Howey test. Their developers are involved in the creation so this represents an important point of failure for, it seems, every one of them.
The SEC has not given guidance on Ether, and based on how they raised capital it appears to also pass the Howey test. Remember Satoshi never sold Bitcoins he mined them and let other people sell them. Under the law that is actually how the distinction is made. With a large number of American investors in the ETH crowdsale there is clear jurisdiction.
Many of the ICOs do not seem to have a minimum viable product. Based on the history of the dot com bubble, there was a direct relationship between the amount of bootstrapping and the success of the company. There is literally no bootstrapping in many cases here and people screaming to the heaven that things won't work to no avail.

The value of Ether has increased something like 60x in just a few months. The chart is unbelievable. That's unprecedented I think, even for Bitcoin's early days. There does not seem to be a base of what I'd call users, i.e. non technical people who need Ether or Ethereum based tokens on a daily basis. In other words no one needs the Ether or tokens they are holding.
Vlad Zamfir recently estimated that sharding is 2 years away.
POS alone only gives you basically half the block time but doesn't necessarily translate to more transactions. This is setting aside important unanswered security and economic questions about POS.
There appears to be no clear method of scaling the contracts on chain and it's clear that at it's current capacity the blockchain could not support all of the activity of all of the DAPPs which have had token sales. We recently saw a major slow down just to supply the demand for one big crowdsale.
It's unclear how arbitrary code execution effects scaling in a high demand situation. Basically we don't have a cost model for DAPPs and it seems clear that every DAPP running simultaneously affects the economic viability of every DAPP.
Raiden is as yet unproven and no one appears to be developing specifically with it's potential code execution limitations in mind.
There are estimates that the Ethereum blockchain will reach 1TB this year. Expensive SSDs currently max out at 4TB.
The network is currently costing almost double that of bitcoin for miners to secure.

Who care, lol?

This entire market is based on speculation, happenstance, and rumor.

Just ride the tiger, dude.

No one gives two shits about the technicals here, just which way the lines move on graphs.

n o o n e g i v e s a f u c k

i just bought more dub lmao

Does anyone else smell the fear coming from Bitcoin holders? They're really starting to sweat now

I love seeing libertarian bullshit collapse this is like a front row ticket to an African civil war

THIS FAGGOT IS COPYING POSTS FROM REDDIT HE FORGOT TO DELETE A POST WHICH HAD AN "EDIT:" IN IT

and?

As long as we have stop loss orders, right?

>ctrl+f
>edit
>0 of 0

And you are a fudding BTC maximalist faggot

Good job you found out what I've been saying since the start:

eth is a mess

literally exactly what I read when you idiots were warned about dgb as well

OP I agree,but I missed out on the second Bitcoin listening to people like you

I could have been a multi millionare if I had not listened to fuckers like you in 2009 with BTC. I'm buying ETH.

I recognize your ID. Aren't you that retarded dbg bagholder shouting about "muh 6 figs" from last night?

good luck eth fags
I'm actually pulling my money out of lending because eth is going to crash so hard even lenders can get hurt by traders not having enough to cover for their losses

>thinks id's are permanent

back to plebbit you go

back on 9fag you go

Reminder to sell your eth now or get fucked

I was gonna p&d Eth when it was at $80 but it's controlled by the FEDS and is essentially inflation of the USD you dumb mutherfuckers. Therefore, the volatility of ETH is unpredictable.

I wish I bought in a month ago BUT I don't regret not buying in. It's not a long term investment and you need to sell ~ 24 hours if what I've been reading around the internets is true.

Ima buy in at that nasty dip. But everyone holding needs to convert to BTC. I'm f you have time you can watch and sell ath but if not just sell now.

Here we go again with the eth scam bullshit.

Seriously OP, get a life.

If you have any money in crypto, you know you're at risk of losing it. DYOR! Do Your Own Research!

It is not Vitalik's fault if you buy ETH coins, a scam ICO coin or in a dying BTC.

There's a risk in everything...no one has guaranteed you will make interest or that you will live until you're 80. Accept this and move on.

This is taken out of context, he was talking to other about new ICO's using ethereum technology, not ethereum.

wow it's a real tweet, he's already trying to distance himself from the impending shit storm

he's even saying he has nothing to do with the ICO's and he's advising some of them.
this is going to be bad

i sold all my ETH yesterday but only because i felt fine with what i've made.

the actual value of this shit hasn't changed in the last month at all. but people are willing to spend more on it. that's where you are missing the point. every expert on the planet has said that it's a bubble, but the rest of us know it's still an opportunity to invest in. the turning point won't be when people realize it's a "scam" because they weren't interested in the technology/asset in the first place. what is very real is the trend upwards. the turning point will be when people want to invest in other opportunities, or if some big fuck up happens in the crypto scene.

Is this bait?

What's the best way we can funnel normie money without repercussions and regulation?

Maybe make a decentralized cryptocurrency that can't be tracked, not regulated by the feds, and not insured? We simply hype it up enough as this huge anti-government model to get the new generation of normies, that'll use their IRA funds to purchase cryptocurrency.

What about the older generation?

Well they can't even use a phone, let alone understand what a decentralized currency is. All they'll see is money signs, just like the dot com bubble. They're hooked on lottery tickets and have a dream of making it big someday. They'll buy in, expectantly once they see their children using their IRA funds to make these purchases and see those massive gains. Which in turn will fuel their need of jealousy of their children and others, they'll soon start purchasing themselves.

It's not a bad plan if you ask me.

The ICO scams are what's causing the eth bubble you autist

Factor 1: The uncertainty around the market leader with the UASF
Factor 2: The flippening seems inevitable at this point.
Factor 3: Let's say the flippening dose in fact occur and initially plays out like everyone thinks it will. The market cap will spill into ETH. But what every one seems to conveniently ignore is the fact that Etherium has YET do demonstrate itself as an anti-fragile technology. It had it's chance to do this after the DOA incident but it took ONE crack to the jaw and broke in two. Bitcoin has endured much more and has come back stronger every time just like a sayain. Eth hasn't proven itself yet. Until then make your money.

People underestimate LTC's ability to do just that which you are talking about. I have a lot of LTC. It's also a great coin to day trade because it goes up and down up and down while I go in and out in and out.

However the best investment imo (and I'm biased, I bought in at 1 sat and have watched it zigzag- and it is rising up and down, up and down, but trending on the whole up. Could have sold for 10-11 sat but the volume indicates that it will go higher ) for the next 6-10 weeks is mooncoin. The normies are going to be on board soon, big gains.

I'm glad I did my own research and am therefore not influenced by the FUD bullshit posted by OP and similar.

It's crazy how hard they skew what they say to make it sound as bad as possible. But I'd do that too if I was invested in btc.

>There are examples of catastrophic failures that are unfixable in flight without forking the network
wew

fiat currencies are a scam.

your mother is a scam.

Fucking dumbass

Bitcoin is about to crack in two come august, where you been at vegeta?

But people are saying that the risk is too high for the x% of profit you'll get at this point.

Personally, I'm gonna invest in a newcomer like UBQ. x500% is more doable and less risky than ETH IMHO.

>UBQ. x500% is more doable and less risky than ETH IMHO.
How so?

what is colonial scrip

I took your advice and bought some mooncoin.

Will Stratis top this? Could it be an ETH killer.