Let's talk about studying. I'm stuck at college, finishing my STEM degree...

Let's talk about studying. I'm stuck at college, finishing my STEM degree, but the last subjects are becoming hell for me. I'm struggling to sit down and pour hours into them, and even when I achieve it the learning quality is shit tier, so I end unmotivated knowing that of 10 hours invested, I only really studied around 4 or 5.

My wish is to finish the fucking degree, get a job and get out of my parents house to live with my GF, but first I need to pass these fucking subjects. Any advice? How do you maximize your study time? What do you do in your free time between study sessions?

Btw, I have one exam tomorrow, another on Thursday and another one on Friday. Tomorrow one is pretty difficult, the thursday one is a bit easier and the Friday one should be a piece of cake. I'd like to pump a nice day of study today but the stress is killing me.

>my G
Fuck off normie

basically this
post it on your blog next time

>the stress is killing me.

Welcome to college.

Do you have the possibility to postphone the harder exam? Because in one day, it is next to impossible to do this.

Don't be so defensive, guys. Think about it: you can fail in your objectives and still have a wonderful and supportive gf by your side. That shoud give you hope.

Nope. Next opportunity would be in September, but if I start failing these exams that month could become a living nightmare.

You should probably protest that you are somehow being discriminated against. It's fucking bullshit that students in the STEM field are expected to be able to program/design a structure that wont collapse/operate on someone without killing them!

bump

Worrying about shit won't get the work done. We've all been in this position before and I've asked these very questions myself, but all you can do now is stop dicking around on Veeky Forums, focus, and get it over with.

t. cell biology and neuroscience degree

>>the stress is killing me.

You don't know what stress is kid. If you think studying for some exams is stressful you're in for a shitty world.

>Nope. Next opportunity would be in September, but if I start failing these exams that month could become a living nightmare.

Can you take some relaxing time with your gf?
Dont get me wrong, I believe you that it will be hard. But too much pressure can literally block your head, so this is no good.

>Studying
>Stressful
>Implying STEM is anything other than a meme and you're not just wasting your time to compete against dirt cheap chinks and poos

The real world is going to chew you up if you think that's stressful.

Hell, I had to write multiple small books for my undergrad for political science. But I got through it with ease and never studying ever other than for sources before I loved the material and discipline.

I can tell that you don't love your area of study because it's that much of a burden. That's where you fucked up to begin with. Don't fall for the junk degree meme. If you have the passion for it and the drive, you will make money doing whatever the fuck you want. Do what you love and do it well and it will pay off. STEM is meme tier buddy.

t. Political scientist who got fired from/left every non-poli sci job I ever had because I hated them and didn't care about them so I said fuck it and started my own consultancy with only a laptop and custom website and now I rake it in because I do what I love.

Buy modafinil you fucking idiot

Can't you go to those uni sponsored study sessions where the Asian kids tutor you for free?

i put in a fuck tonne of effort during my last year of college, basically became a hermit for most of the year. there isnt really any other way around it, you just have to put in a billion hours to succeed. remember that this will be the only year in your life you'll have to do this shit so you might as well sacrifice it for the greater good

i only studied at night and not in between classes, so my head was not full of shit from what i just learnt. most of my final year was consumed by design and research projects but they arent too bad as long as you formulate a plan early on

also i never studied on the day of an exam, and took it easy the day before. this reduced my stress levels significantly for exams.

normie get out

>stem is meme tier
>polsci

fucking hell, this board sometimes

>STEM being profitable with increased automation and foreign workers even more of a problem with diversity quotas

Alright man ;) keep living the dream.

My GF is away for 3 months. After the exams I plan to travel and spend some days with her, but right now I'm completely alone.

>I can tell that you don't love your area of study because it's that much of a burden.

True in some ways. I'm studying a Chemistry degree. During these years I discovered I love biochemistry, biocomputation and analitical chemistry, but hate organic chemistry and physical chemistry. I easily passed all the subjects I love, but the ones I hate are difficult as fuck. Maybe I hate them because they are really difficult for me, I dunno.

There isn't any of that in my uni. I will have to pay for private lessons in Summer if I want to finish my degree in 2017.

I also spend my days at the library until two weeks before finals, when it gets so cramped up that studying there is a waste of time. That's what is stressing me so much, because I have no life beyond studying and it isn't working as well as I thought. Thank God I decided to go to the gym in my free time in order to stop being a fatass, that has paid off.

If you don't love it, don't do it famiglia. That's all I can say. I was an education major before I swapped and I fucking hated it. Made me wonder why I wanted to teach ever. So I just went for the degree in the subject I'd like to teach, and it blew my mind just going for the source of what I wanted to do. So much better.

If I could travel 4 years ago I would get out and study something more focused on what I discovered I love, for sure, but now that I'm balls deep and close to finish this terrible experience I only want to get my degree printed on paper and get the fuck out of uni.

>My GF is away for 3 months. After the exams I plan to travel and spend some days with her, but right now I'm completely alone.

Friends?
Hobbies?
Job?

You need to get pressure off, one way or another. There is no much point in learning for 10 hours straight if you cannot wrap your head around it.

How about splitting it in 2.5 hour - segments of focussed learning? At the beginning, even this is hard - but it will work after a week or so. Also try to avoid eating shit and cook fresh food, fast food only one/two times a week. Vegetables / fruits to get you over the phases of munchies. Lower your sugar consumation after this period of exams (NOT BEFORE).

It is also a good point to start some sports. Not gym but simply a bit jogging (in the sun --> raises mood), a bit of activity will push your endorphines a bit.

All in all you will not lose much weight or gain much muscles with this, but it will help you to concentrate better. Helped many of my friends which were struggling with their studies.

(Only assuming ofc that you are not actually doing all of this. In this case, you should consult a professional, as this could point to a burnout.)

If you need help with studying more effectively, try the pomodoro method. Basically set an alarm for whatever time you can fully focus on studying, somewhere between 20-40 minutes. Don't do anything else but study while the timer is running. No phone, no Veeky Forums, no nothing. Just focus. When the alarm goes off, you can reward yourself with a little break, maybe 5 min, then do all that stuff that messes with your attention. When the break is over, set the alarm again and focus. You will be way more effective since you are not wasting your brainpower switching between tasks.

Give it a try, this really helped me while writing my thesis. Good luck user.

>political science
We put you in the same category as white bitches majoring in psych lol