Makes you think

>"NEVER take out a loan for an investment. EVER"
>buys a house with a 30/15yr mortgage
>"HURR DURR iTS A GUD InVeStMeNt!!!"

Not that I would ever do it, but what's the difference between taking out a loan for crypto, or "buying" a house?
You might actually see a return in a few years?

Even if the house crashes in value you can still live in it. If your primary reason for buying the house is resale then yeah taking out a loan is stupid

You can rent out your property and the rent will cover the mortgage if you're smart with your money.

Crypto in Veeky Forums definition is to shill the coins you hold the most and speculate when the price will increase by 1500%.

if you do it wrong you are in deep shit
crypto is relatively unpredictable.

couple months ago i maxed out my credit card to buy crypto, doubled my money, paid off my credit card and now i have around 5K in crypto all thanks to the power of debt

Because buying a mortgage is more like buying a Call option on a house than buying a loan.

Crypto is gambling, it's an unregulated market so you aren't protected from insider trading and exchanges disappearing with your funds.

A house is a lot safer, I don't think taking a big loan out for a property is a great idea either but it's accepted because everyone needs property. If the crypto market crashes tomorrow you could be holding very expensive bags.

>crypto is relatively unpredictable
Let's see if we can see a trend in bitcoin
>2009 $0.008
>2010 $0.08
>2011 $17.77
>2012 $13.31
>2013 $114.33
>2014 $598
>2015 $226.90
>2016 $652.14
>2017 $2715.87
Bitcoit's price has gone up every year except for 2. After the bad years the year after is at ath of these data points (around this time every year).

> it's an unregulated market so you aren't protected from insider trading and exchanges disappearing with your funds.

so a regulated market protects you from fraud and insider trading?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

good one, user. maybe you should tell that to the millions who lost their savings and houses back in 2008.

the only difference is that with cryptos you can actually make some gains without having shitloads of money and/or insider connections

Tulips went up in price every year until they didn't
Housing went up in price every year until it didn't

My biggest issue is when people buy a house with the investment mindset, but ALSO to live in. Your maintenance costs, property taxes, and mortgage interest could potentially put you in the red (with depreciation) unless your property suddenly becomes extremely desirable.

If I ever did buy, I'd have to rent it out

tulips were terrible at storing value

houses are pretty good at storing value if they are built well and maintained

cryptos are basically perfect at storing value

thats what the banks tell you to keep you poor.

Do you think hedge funds and banks dont have any leverage?

Lol they have debt coming out the ass.

Rates have been so low the last 10 years, if you havent been taking out low interest loans to invest youre an idiot

Weak gains

I was thinking about this recently. How (in america) a house is essentially a 5x leveraged savings account, where you hope that the underlying asset increases in value more than the interest / inflation of your loans.

Very hard to liquidate, and on the buy and sell side you can expect to pay upwards of 4+ percent in fees.

After all that, even when the house is paid off in 15-30 years, you'll still be paying property taxes in perpetuity. A friend of mine in (((Los Angeles))) is paying 26,000 usd per year in property taxes. I pay less than that to live in a backhouse behind a 3million $ house and use all my funds for crypto.

Really makes you think.

One's a money sink

The other will make you rich

difference is that hedge funds and banks get bailed out by big daddy Government when they fuck up

you as a small investor dont

debt is slavery and I like being free. if I cant pay for something cash down I cant afford it and will keep saving until I do

the problem is that when people buy a house they are thinking about 10 years down the road and not what they can afford at the moment

I hate real estate as an investment because it takes so much fucking time and jews involved for an non-guaranteed rate of return, with that said I bought a cheap $80,000 house because there's really no other way to get a 3% loan (which can essentially be put into whatever other investment you are bullish on, crypto, stocks, self-employment, education, whatever). I don't stress about my house, at worst I break even in 3-4 years, at best I might make $10-20k.

hedge funds and private equity dont get bailouts.

If you aren't using debt you are making a huge mistake.

80% of debt is issued by corporations, not banks. Any financier will tell you leverage is extremely important to making money.

Taking out loans to make more money in stocks is no different from taking out a loan to buy a house or start a business. If your source of income dries up you are fucked, but 99% of the time it doesnt and you are richer because of it.

>be a waggie slave for life, you stupid fucking goy!

> if I cant pay for something cash down I cant afford it and will keep saving until I do
my negro

also, fuck debtserfing. especially if you have a low (((good goy))) score

wait you would be a millionaire if you put $10 on bitcoin in 2009?