Of all the utensils to take hold over the East, how did 2 sticks win?

Of all the utensils to take hold over the East, how did 2 sticks win?

can't be used to kill people

Dude if you stsb someone in the neck with that they would die

It would just be extremely painful

Dude they would bleed out. Then shove them down somebody's throat. Stab them in the eyes and go into the brain

They're incredibly cheap and easy to produce and are well-suited for eating most traditional East Asian dishes. What's the mystery here? Why they still use them today? They use forks and spoons when eating western dishes, whenever necessary. They just didn't abandon chopsticks en masse, because, as mentioned, they're useful for most of what they eat and cost pennies to make in bulk.

It is really not that hard to learn to use chopsticks. It takes literally like one meal. It's no harder than to learn how to POLITELY eat with western utensils, something even a lot of adults seem unable to figure out.

The joke

Your (hot) head

Shhhhh its 5 am lets just forget that happened

Ok the better answer is that its not sharp, something which is considered inappropriate in Asian dining table, and less harmful compared to other utensils

Asians do use forks and and knife for cooking, but not for eating, and they use spoon for eating soup

>take one stick
>break in half
>now two stick
>stick win everytime

>Ok the better answer is that its not sharp, something which is considered inappropriate in Asian dining table
Are you retarded? Asians use katana the sharpest sword in the world. Sharp is inappropriate my ass lmao.

Its a pain in the fucking arse is what it is

Once I learned how to use chopsticks, they're pretty easy. They're very simple.

I wouldn't trade them for my spork, but I can see why people use them.

>spork
>not sharpened to a razors edge

why even live

For who?

*whoM

I unironically see chopsticks as superior utensils to forks. either in disposibility or just being retardedly easy to clean, and it's easier to manipulate most foods with them.

the only reason you'd use a fork and knife is if you're eating some gross shit like pancakes, or if the cook was an asshole and didn't cut meat before serving it. the only reason you'd use a spoon is if you were eating some dumb soup that had super tiny pieces of meat/vegetable/noodle in it instead of big stuff like based pho.

There was once a man who wanted to know the difference between heaven and hell. One night he had a dream. In his dream he visited hell. Hell looked like a big Chinese restaurant, full of round tables and crowded with customers. The tables were piled high with delicious Chinese food: moo shu pork, Shanghai noodles, spring rolls, the works. But the people in hell were starving. They were holding very, very long chopsticks that reached the middle to the table, and they couldn’t reach the food in front of them. They were screaming with hunger and disappointment.

Then he went to heaven. Heaven looked just like a big Chinese restaurant: round tables covered with wonderful food. Strangely enough, the people in heaven also had very, very long chopsticks, reaching to the middle of the tables. But unlike the people in hell, those in heaven were eating happily and laughing together.

The man woke up. He tried to remember his dream.

What was the difference between heaven and hell?

For Yu

>being retardedly easy to clean

but forks are easier to clean than chopsticks

>cook was an asshole and didn't cut meat before serving it

How the fuck do asians even eat STEAK?

the people in heaven weren't eating off their own plates, they were sharing

EZ desu

They have knives, it is just that the animal is cut before it is served on the table. That is because knives in Confucian ideology were thought to invoke the slaughterhouse or more generalized violence and deemed to be inappropriate to have at the table.

>that the animal is cut before it is served on the table

No listen dude, I'm implying asians cut their steak into bite sized pieces before cooking them just so they can eat them with chopsticks.

This method is completely inferior to the western method of eating steak because you can't get a rare-medium-rare cook on the meat that way.

Seems to me like Confucianism is unnecessarily autistic if they can't even into steak.

You slice it after cooking retard? This is really not unusual at some of the nicer steakhouses.

>slice it after cooking

k

steak is pretty barbaric desu
It is like one step above eating it off the animal, and many people actually prefer it half raw.

They are superior when it comes to eating Asian food.

>implying that the consumption of freshly killed game is naturally inferior to factory farmed meat product

pls

They're superior for Chinese food.

If you shovel a mouthful of Chinese food into your mouth with a fork or spoon you'll likely blow your head off from consuming entire chillies and peppercorns. These aren't meant to be eaten they are their to add flavour. Chinese meals are eaten as if you have OCD and need to pick out the specific foods. At the end of the meal the bowl will have a neat pile of inedible pieces at the side.

Chinese food is also lots of small little pieces, it's very difficult to skewer them with a fork and hard to scoop them with a spoon, but its very easy to pick it up between two sticks.

This is very difficult with a fork/spoon.

Rice is the most difficult part however it tends to be glutinous and sticky, and people experienced with chopsticks can easily pick up individual grains regardless.

looking at it from an anthropologist standpoint, where cooking is considered one of the first steps of culture, steak is a primitive dish. I eat steak sometimes, I am not saying it is a bad meal. It just is pretty barbaric.

>No listen dude, I'm implying asians cut their steak into bite sized pieces before cooking them just so they can eat them with chopsticks.
They don't do that specifically so it can be eaten with chopsticks, it's just the way they do it.
>This method is completely inferior to the western method of eating steak because you can't get a rare-medium-rare cook on the meat that way.
This is entirely wrong, have you ever actually cooked steak? First all all the size they cut the steak is not that small, at least a pinky finger in length and 2cm in width, they pick it up with the chopstick and bite it in half. It's pork and chicken which they cut into tiny cubes, not beef unless its bad beef. I've had plenty of asian beef that's cooked rare.

Sure if you want a dry and cold steak.

This is only done in horrbile restaurants.

>pork and chicken on the same level of BEEF

hindus literally worship cow

>pinky finger in length and 2cm in width

LITTLE

I'm sorry you were born retarded. It's really not uncommon at good steakhouses, but you probably only eat steak that you got from the grocery store or a diner.

>good
>steak
>houses

Not true, Chinkers shovel their food in as fast as Westerners eat.

Sure enjoy your 15$ steak in your "steakhouse" I will ignore your pathetic attempt to insult me.

Honestly, there are other things I'd rather eat given how much a steak house costs, but hosting visiting foreigners is part of my job, and quite a few of them want to visit an American steakhouse. Steak is an American thing to them and they want to have it while they're here.

I'm talking $50-75 a head steakhouses. You really are retarded if you think cutting a steak will make it cold and dry. I'm guessing you use a dull serrated knife and you spend a good 10 minutes of your time eating just cutting up your steak.

Yes because they are so skilled with the chopsticks, they are not picking up the chillis and peppercorns.

>barbarism is bad
>eating raw meat is barbaric
>eating raw meat is bad

spooks

End your life you have clearly never been to a good restaurant.

The fact that you mention steakhouses all the time just shows me that you are a 30y.o. wannabe Bateman.

Live your illusion retard your life and taste are shit while I eat in the best restaurants of this planet.

I have never ever seen a pre-cut steak but that is peobably due to the fact that I can cut it myself not live in america and enjoy it warm and not dry like the sahara.

Bye, end your existence thank you.

Don't you tell me how to use my food-shovel, commie.

eating raw meat is unhealthy, and health is not a spook since it is integral to maintaining the well-being of the self.

>eating raw meat is unhealthy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

only if you're consuming GMO fed factory flesh you utter mong

>End your life you have clearly never been to a good restaurant.
I guess frogs aren't very good at determining what's a good restaurant. Like I said, my job involves playing host and I end up in a lot of Michelin restaurants.

>The fact that you mention steakhouses all the time just shows me that you are a 30y.o. wannabe Bateman.
I just told you it's because the people I'm hosting want to go there, and steakhouses are relevant to the discussion of steak. I'm not going to bring up with one sushi place I know of in a discussion of steaks.

>Live your illusion retard your life and taste are shit while I eat in the best restaurants of this planet.
You live in Paris?

>I have never ever seen a pre-cut steak but that is peobably due to the fact that I can cut it myself not live in america and enjoy it warm and not dry like the sahara.
No, you literally are retarded if you think cutting a steak makes is magically cold and dry. The steak house I normally end up at is Peter Luger's, and yes, they cut up steaks.

>Bye, end your existence thank you.
Enjoy your grocery store slab of grey meat.

You can contract parasites and harmful diseases, my friend.

Sex is bad

>and I end up in a lot of Michelin restaurants

Sure that is the reason why you talk so much about steakhouses.

Name 1 fucking Michelin restaurant that serves pre cut steak.

Retarded liar

Hahahah, im not him but you are fucking mad and gay

>implying

Sure, are you mad steakhouse fag?

It's in the fucking post you responded to moron.

>go to asian restaurant
>order a steak, medium rare
>it comes all up diced up into cubes

>server tries to toss cubes into my mouth like an animal
>people pay money for this

that's why you have screenings, and can slap on a condom. Cooking is similar.
Heat is like spermicide for meat.

>he thinks condoms make sex better

lol nerd virgin

where did I say better? I said safer.

>teleports behind you
Shhhhh.....
>stabs a pair of chopsticks in your eyesockets
Nothin personnel..... kid...

>the only reason you'd use a fork and knife is if you're eating some gross shit like pancakes
Eating pancakes with fork and knife? Inspotted the American.
>if the cook was an asshole and didn't cut meat before serving it
Americans LITERALLY HAVE TO BE SPOONFED BY THE CHIEF LMAO
Will you ask the cook next time to chew your meal?
You can't make shit like this up son.

You can eat with chopsticks in one hand and bowl in the other standing up.

Chopsticks are easier to clean and manufacture.

It's the chef's job to prepare food in bite sized portions.

You can eat potato chips with it.

Don't need to put down your utensils because you have fork, spoon and knife and only two hands.

>fish fork

why didnt they just eat with their hands?

Checkmate christians

Are you one of those people who try to order burgers and fries at a noodle shop?

Nigger, the point of a restaurant is to serve it's customers. If they can't even fulfill a simple order like that, what right do they have in being called good?

Yes because just about every place has burgers where I reside.

>Japanese restaurant
>Steaks come pre-cut

but koreans and japanese eat raw meat
and those niggas are famous for being healthy as fuck

>pancakes
>gross shit
what did he mean by this