What are some technologies that were lost over time?

What are some technologies that were lost over time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitrified_fort
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_glass
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damascus steel?

Check out "shieldoftheson" channel on YouTube, he has entire videos on the subject showing photographs of ancient technology and weird shit.

Oil on canvas.

Lost over time in preference of finer arts such as introducing crosses in your bodily orifices and shitting inside cans.

Slavery, at least in the West

Counterpoint.

Lost in favor of sublimes musical styles such as

she be checking me out
And I be like
yeah yeah yeah yeah...

if you think counterpoint is dead you either don't understand contemporary music or don't listen to a lot of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitrified_fort

The amount of wood needed to melt the stone would have deforested all of Scotland. So how the fuck did they do this?

What are you calling contemporary music?

the application of the torus(technology given to us by aliens) to create free energy

>idk what counterpoint means
>also idk what contemporary means
not even worth a discussion. a bass riff being played at the same time as a different guitar riff is literally counterpoint.

Flying pyramids from the Kangdom of Egypt.

*facepalms*
so like I was saying, counterpoint is dead.

what, do you think counterpoint refers to two melodies being played on a single instrument? even though that's wrong, that exists all over the place too. I can think of daniel rossen songs off the top of my head that utilize counterpoint on a single guitar.

do you just listen to the same stuff over and over again or something and make vast bold claims about the entirety of musical creation?

vitrum flexile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexible_glass

Wow, the inventor got a raw deal

>purposely let fall a crystal goblet; and though it was bruised in some way or shattered, yet by passing his hands over it he promptly exhibited it whole once more.

Sounds like a conman doing a shitty magic trick

Cement. The technology behind it was lost for roughly a millenia.

Slavery isn't a technology.
Slavery wasn't lost but outlawed in the west. We know how to reintroduce it if society wanted it.
Slavery still exists (even in the west allthough underground, hidden away from the authorities, not counting stuff such as the penal labor in the american prison system, which is out in the open).

Its still lost in America

Go back to 9gag please, this is an adult discussion

The russians rediscovered it, it was vanadium.

audibly laughed out loud
10/10 user

You have poor standards and are actively degrading the board.

my fucking sides

dragons

Vermeers camera obscura / mirror setup for true to life painting

Peat and coal?

there was a time when bowed instruments were interesting and every one of them had a unique sound. then came the violin meme and the oversized violin, and the less oversized one and the irrelevant bit bigger sized violin and everything got standarized and boring.

oh, and lets not talk about what happened with the sweet sounding harpsichord.