Which culture had/has the best food?

Which culture had/has the best food?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EeDpzAiG6XA
theplaidzebra.com/mad-honey-is-the-deadly-hallucinogen-this-reclusive-tribe-risks-their-life-to-collect/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Henry VIII
>Neckbeard
>Salt on everything cuz 'muh storage techniques'

Not anywhere in the UK, that's for damned sure.

It doesn't matter anymore. With modern technology, one could pretty much mass produce any grain or meat in every civilization.

Italy in the modern day

Otherwise probably native americans

Southeast Asia honestly

Japan, obviously

Unironically USA

>when your cuisine is just stealing the best stuff from everybody else

Yep, it works. We can choose the best stuff and cut out the baggage.

The flavors in East Asian cuisine are balanced by the concept of the Dao. Its aromas open the appetite but the tastes aren't as strongly flavorful so that they don't become cloying.

Indian cuisine uses spices as if it were to honor the Gods.

Traditional African and Native American diets tend to employ lots of staple foods like corn, potatoes, cassava, and plantains.

Nomadic peoples tended to use a lot of salted and smoked meats.
youtu.be/EeDpzAiG6XA

I guess the most renowned cuisines in the entire world would be French, Italian, Chinese, and Mexican although other country's dishes are becoming popular too like Korean, Thai, South Asian, and Peruvian.

No you choose the best stuff and fuck it up. You guys make the worst food, just stop

American pizza is infinitely better than Italian pizza.

Unironically Britain.

>Fish, chips and mushy peas
>Shepard's pie
>Trifle
>Chocolate
>Buckfast
>Battered Mars bars.

>artisan food industry blowing up in the states
>other countries moving towards cheaper means of production
keep up more

America has their own indigenous culinary tradition as well you know?

Soul Food? It's great and you should try it.

Americans

Reminder that
Burgers (as in between two buns)
Modern hotdogs
Tacos
Fajitas
And
Most modern chinese food
Are american

>Most modern chinese food

That's just blandly spiced and tamer than the original. They literally have two lists so real chinks can get real chinese food.

se lo dici te

>when your cuisine is just bastardising everyone else
Ftfy

Mexican food is not particularly renowned in Europe, Indian,Turkish, Thai/Vietnamese and Spanish are more popular

Mexican is the evolution of Spanish cuisine.

Australia has literally the best produce I've ever experienced, the quality is second to none.

For cuisine probably either Italian, Indian or Portuguese.

Pho and Thai restaurants are all over the place in the U.S. and there's also been a recent influx of Korean «businesses».

Southern Cone cuisine is based with asado and churascaria.

Indian without a doubt

Anything from Latin America desu.
You haven't lived until you've tried pan de bono.

German Breakfast
British Lunch
French Dinner

Either Italian, French or Indian.

Southern and central Yourope

Europe - Italian
Asia - Indian

Everywhere else - not relevant

ARYAN CULTURE, WHICH TRANSCENDS NATIONALITY, AND NATIONAL TRADITION, HAS THE BEST FOOD.

NO CURRENT NATIONAL CUISINE DESERVES THE TITLE OF "THE BEST", BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE CURRENT NATIONAL CUISINE INCLUDES IN MOST OF THEIR DISHES ANIMAL FLESH, OR ANIMAL DERIVATIVES.

MY FAVOURITE CEREAL IS RICE.

>British """""""""food"""""""""

I agree with this, although French food is more refined than Italian food.

Indians have Bhang.

How does it make you feel that Americans win global pizza competitions IN ITALY? Iirc, Americans have won the World Pizza Championship in Naples for the last 5+ years in a row.

Baklava is nice.

>He doesn't think that looks scrumptious

Full pleb.

Coffee in Sudan.

Turkish mad honey.

theplaidzebra.com/mad-honey-is-the-deadly-hallucinogen-this-reclusive-tribe-risks-their-life-to-collect/

the biggest cuisines in the world are french, chinese and turkish, why?
because those 3 had the longest monarchies with high end kitchens. Most french cooking techniques and stuff comes from royal chefs and not some random plebs, same goes for ottoman kitchen and chinese.
Imo mediterranian kitchen is the best allaround.
French cooking is more of a artform than "food", that shit is complicated

Well the Inca had the best staple crop in terms of nutrients (potato).
Nothing tastes better than gyros, so Greeks.

>French cooking is more of a artform than "food", that shit is complicated

That's the high class French cooking, common frogs eat French every day.

most likely just because the italian economy isn't strong enough to produce a single pizza
>go to local (I'm french btw) italian restaurant
>nice pizza, crusty crust, smells good
>order pizza hut
>greasy piece of rubber, of which half is olive and the other half is rubber cheese
no thanks senpai

>that shit is complicated
not really, unless compared to low end shit people usually eat, IE reheated garbage and pastas
With online recipes, you can make the same stuff as a french chef does, with only slightly inferior quality, though obviously with a much shittier presentation

>potato
>nutrients

It's like corn. It'll make you feel full but ultimately you'd be malnourished eating it all the time and you need other ways to gain said nutrients or risk starvation.

Whoever came up with the tomato.

Seriously, is there anythig that fruit cant do?

>Ftfy

>>>/Reddit/

>reddit spacer complaining about reddit

IF ONE EATS ONLY ONE THING, WHATEVER THAT IS, ONE WILL BECOME MALNOURISHED; NOT ONE FOOD CONTAINS ALL NECESSARY NUTRIMENTS FOR HUMANS.

MAIZE, AND POTATOES, ARE NOT NUTRIENTLESS, THEY PROVIDE ESSENTIAL CARBOHYDRATES, MINERALS, AND VITAMINS.

CEREALS, AND ROOTS, SHOULD BE COMPLEMENTED WITH SEEDS, AND LEGUMES, WHICH PROVIDE OTHER ESSENTIAL MINERALS, AND PROTEINS, FOR A COMPLETE DIET.

>when your cuisine is just frying everything within reach of your couch

As a Korean, traditional Korean food is pretty good but all the real popular foods i.e. Korean fried chicken and beer pubs, Korean BBQ, etc. are mostly fusion foods or new trends that emerged from having a meat surplus for the first time in 2000 years

East Meats West

>deep fried butter
>angry french screeching

seriously though what the fuck, who would eat that

British food is unirionically disgusting, everyone I meet agrees, even fellow brits sometimes. You're delusional.

Potatoes are without a doubt the best foodstuff, high nutritional value, easy to grow, the number one food in terms of making you feel feed/full.

>chocolate
>which is native to the American continent
Nigger what are you somoking?

Italy or France. Northern Italian cuisine is pretty similar to continental French cuisine anyway.

Thanks but I'd rather not end up on a top 20 list of the most obese countries in the word

People put hard narcotics in their body. You really think they won't put fried butter in their body?

>implying wheat isn't the autistic one here

The only good food you can get in Britain is Tikka Masala.

IT IS, BECAUSE IT IS THE BASIC CEREAL THAT IS MOST "REMOTE", AND LEAST CONSUMED WORLDWIDE, THUS, IT IS AKIN TO AUTISTIC PERSONS IN THAT IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR CIVILIZATION, YET, RELATIVELY ALIEN.

Frog food is overhyped garbage. Seriously, I've dined in some pretty respectable French joints and it's generally underwhelming, nothing special. It's not even the best class of European food, which is either Spanish or Italian.

The most enjoyable food comes from places near the eastern Mediterranean (Greek, Turk or Levantine) or near equator ie SE Asia, India, andLatin America where they actually know how to use spices.

It's between the French and the Italians, but to be fair, I'd have to give it to the French.

>Wheat is shaking Maize's hand instead of genociding him

>SHEPHERD'S PIE

Jesus, type your King's English properly lad.

This, but only because I'm a fat, stupid bastard

obviously japan. reflected in their health and lifespans.

damn thanks Johnny John for educating everyone in the entire world on cuisine

looks like condoms are floating in your sewage water there, buddy

ALONG WITH MEAT. ESPECIALLY PORK, HIGH IN FAT FOR WHEN THE DESERT CANNOT PROVIDE US SUSTENANCE

Belgium of course...
>stoofvlees
>vol au vent
>Belgian fries
>some of our beers that are literally more nutritious than sandwiches...

Mine.

Summa borscht and fried pierogi is physical happiness.

>Pizza Hut
Oh c'mon, that's like saying American burgers are shit because you tried McDonalds.
New York style pizza is harder to find in its purest form though, there's a lot of shitty commercial brands that don't quite get it right.
I tend to prefer Chicago deep-dish anyway, because when they do it right, they really do it right.

>sauce on top
kys

Asado cannot be considered cuisine, its literally grilling meat, it was not even invented by members of our species.

> Chicago deep-dish

That shit is lasagna made with bread and you know it.

>That shit is lasagna made with bread and you know it.
So, you're saying it's pasta but without pasta? The funny thing is I hate lasagna anyway.
I appreciate both types of pizza at different times. New York style is for when I want eat casually while watching tv or doing something else, Deep Dish is for when I want to sit down and have a meal.

>Popcorn
Wow niggers, real high end

Admittedly, that was a lame example picture. In user's defense though, Africans got a decent beverage culture. Best in the world? Objectively not. Still, they're up there.

When it comes to western food, the question is simple.

>Do they speak a language derived from Latin?
If so, you're in for a threat. Be it Italian, French, Spanish, Mexican or Peruvian, or Latin American in general, they're the best the West has to offer.

Asian food tends to be pretty good all around the board. Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Thai, Korean, Vietnamese and Middle Eastern are all quite good.

Fuck off, m8.

Their candy is terrible.

Are you really talking shit about Japanese sweets?

I never thought there could be taste this shit in the world.

kek no

The food is just as bland as their weather.

Nothing can beat a hearty ranchero style breakfast.

>texmex bullshit
>best

The whole American continent has great food. From Argentina to the USA.

Everyone except Canada.

Some people say that the US has no culture, but that award clearly goes to Canada.

Nanaimo bars are awesome, shut your whore mouth.

I've got to admit, deep fried shit is delicious, deadly and easy to make. You can't go wrong. Specially when you deep fry food you stole from Europe.

So are butter tarts, you goddamn swine.

Sandniggers by far, imo.

The American soup and sandwich aesthetic is pretty unbeatable.

Also yeah you can say that we stole hamburgers, but a REAL "American" burger with good meat and the right selection of toppings is better than just about anything.

Not him, but honestly their sweets are pretty mediocre. It's all show and barely any real flavor substance. Sushi and all that kind of shit is great, and I have been dying to try okonomiyaki, but in the sweets department the West wins for the most part.

it gets you baked.

>you can say that we stole hamburgers
not even true

well then America wins hands down