>well fuck
>a hundred years go by
>two, three four hundred years
>nothing
>A THOUSAND FUCKING YEARS
>Hayzoos404.aspx
>TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN YEARS GO BY
>Dude, hes on his way lol

How much time has to go by before you realize that Christianity was a doomsday cult and everyone that the time understood Jesus to mean he was going to cast off Rome's yoke and set up a new Kingdom of Zion in its place and everything would be bitchin. But he got merc'd and nothing happened but his braindead followers STILL think hes coming back.

Got some tres mal news for ya, mec.

Other urls found in this thread:

balderexlibris.com/index.php?post/Jones-Eugene-Michael-The-Jewish-Revolutionary-Spirit-and-Its-Impact-on-World-History
culturalcatholic.com/PopeBonifaceVIII.htm
firstthings.com/article/1995/12/aquinas-and-the-heretics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember, if you find something in the Bible that "seems" to be false, misleading, idiotic or impossible, "It's a metaphor :^)"

>>Yeshua says hes coming back
When did he ever say this?

According to bible before all his disciples had died.

Verse?

Are you seriously claiming you've never heard of the Second Coming?

It was just a prank, bro

Mark 9:1
So... did you get pulled into a murderous cult?

is the second coming a pauline thing?

No it's that thing that every Christian person on Earth has been waiting for for the past 2000 plus years

>Says he's coming back
>didn't say when so people wouldn't obsess over the end times and live as though the Kingdom was ever present
>militaristic Jews can't accept that their concept of the messiah was greatly distorted from what the prophets told them

It's all here in this book.

balderexlibris.com/index.php?post/Jones-Eugene-Michael-The-Jewish-Revolutionary-Spirit-and-Its-Impact-on-World-History

U smell like shit. Early christianity was in its purest form, good. It was quickly hijacked by Romans after it was proven you can't stop an idea using brute force. Roman Empire literally transformed into Roman Catholic Church which still survives to this day.

Early christianity if I'm not mistaken taught that all people were equal in the eyes of god regardless of social or wealth status.

>It was quickly hijacked by Romans

No it wasn't.

Are you actually doubting the allegedly large amounts of evidence to support the Roman Empire transformed into the Roman Catholic Religion?

>Pope Boniface VIII proclaimed 1300 a year of Jubilee (the first Holy Year) and granted plenary indulgences (the remission of temporal punishment in Purgatory) to the tens of thousands of pilgrims to Rome. It was at this time that he began to occasionally dress in imperial regalia and exclaim, "I am Caesar, I am the Emperor." He commissioned so many statues of himself that he was accused of encouraging idolatry.

culturalcatholic.com/PopeBonifaceVIII.htm

>One Pope using Imperial imagery centuries after the collapse of the Western Empire proves anything

He's doubting your assertion that it was quick

it truly is a doomsday cult peter and paul preached about the end of days like it was around the corner. it wasnt till after their death that one of their students writes revelation in order to hide their incorrect doomsday preaching by pushing it to a later date

Except it didn't? They remained two distinct entities and the Empire never exercised much direct control over the Church.

>muh doomsday cult
Still better than your cult of nihilism "humanist".

Early Christianity in purest form was a breakaway Jewish doomsday cult.

those are some really hot aspersions and assumtions there, champ.

>they talked about the end times
>that means they thought it was going to happen soon

So all these astronomers must believe the heat death of the universe is just around the corner.

Wasn't Paul the one who pulled them away from Doomsday hobo religion?

People were literally castrating themselves because Jesus said lust is a worldly emotion and that it doesn't exist after death. So they wanted to get in early and cut their balls off until Constantine banned it.

According to what Ancient Aliens-tier "scholar" on the History Channel?

>People were literally castrating

Where in the Bible did Jesus tell them to do that?

OMFG THIS

At the time it was preached, people thought but all this shit the Jesus was talking about what happened within their lifetimes. Even the Apostle Paul reading his letters to the churches said that he who is a slave to do not seek to become free he who is not married don't seek a wife, the christ is coming back and shit is going down ANY moment,and you don't want to come stumbling out of your room with your dick in your hand when Christ returns His glory.
In fact the only way the New Testament makes sense is if they are speaking of a event that is to happen relatively soon, certainly within their own lifetimes.

According to anybody with eyes who has read the source material.

Did you even study the scriptures?

If you had read the rest of the post you would know

says the same thing basically. If it's easier for you, read his post instead.

see

Well das just one example. Look how the church controlled most of europe for hundreds of years

>OMFG THIS

Why are atheists literal retards?

>that he who is a slave to do not seek to become free he who is not married don't seek a wife,

Because everyone should be content with where they are in life and not obsess over getting some new station in life

>and you don't want to come stumbling out of your room with your dick in your hand when Christ returns His glory.

So morality to you only makes sense in the context of apocalyptic teaching?

Wow.

Jesus never told anybody to castrate themselves. Jesus wanted us to celebrate his Kingdom and share his Love with everyone no matter their conditions.

So what are you then, a Jew?

or maybe apocalyptic teaching just helps force people to hold to a morality so contrary to logic

>morality so contrary to logic

How is it contrary to logic?

what are you talking about?
Where did I say I was Atheist?

>Because everyone should be content with where they are in life and not obsess over getting some new station in life

Nice interpretation. Except thats not what the text says.

>so morality to you only makes sense in the context of apocalyptic teaching?

Literally what?

Go back. Read what I wrote. sit there for 5 minutes thinking about it. Then come back and ask questions that make sense and are not based on what you want me to be to fit inside the confines of your narrow worldview.

agnostic.

I have no idea what's going on in this universe and neither do you.

how are the 10 Commandments contrary to logic?
Are you going to say that any of them is wrong?

>Except thats not what the text says.

Yes it is. Unless you'd like to point out where exactly Paul says any oof the things you allege.

no FUCK you!

intellectual coward. And I say that as someone that was an agnostic until months ago.

Make a leap of faith and accept that God is a self-contained answer to our most problematic questions.

Still waiting for an answer. Unless you want to post more gifs from your faggot viking show.

>you're an intellectual coward
>AGREE WITH ME!

Jesus heavily discouraged lust, marriage, and sex, saying that the end is nigh.

Inspired by these words of wisdom, Christians started cutting their balls off.

>If you work on Sunday will kill you

>no masturbation
>no killing (except for when god tells you to)
>treat others equally (unless they believe differently than you)
>literally leave your family and join small early cohorts of the church (jesus preached this)

should i keep going?

>Jesus heavily discouraged lust, marriage and sex
>"It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

Jesus' only words about marriage are related to divorce. Stop talking out of your ass.

>"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

The word used for "lust" here is epithumeo, a consuming desire for something that's not yours to possess. Jesus is clearly condemning a consuming lust in a married man.

>intellectual coward
Just pretending to know something doesn't mean you actually know it.

Being anything other than agnostic is juvenile and shows a real lack of understanding. If you're not mature enough to say you don't know for sure and instead go around spouting your beliefs as if they are very makeup of existence itself then that shows yet still some want of wit to quote The Bard.

God cannot be a lover and a creator. Too much suffering. There is a lover and and hater, and a creator, or a creation. There is no monad.

Jesus was a gnostic and his disciples took the idea and ran with it

>no masturbation
When did God ever condemn masturbation? He cursed Onan because he wasn't fullfilling his duties as a husband and anyway that's Old Testament.

>no killing (except for when God tells you to)
Old Testament; the Jewish people needed to secure their promised land.

>treat others equally (unless they believe differently than you)
When did the New Testament ever say something like this?

>literally leave your family and join small cohorts of the church
Jesus never encouraged EVERYONE to abandon their family. If you felt the need to extend His Word and His Love throughout the World, you could. But people can still stay with their family and communicate His Message while staying in one place.

If you mean the part where the word "hate" is used, that's a mistranslation. The word "to hate" here means "to love less"

I was writing a response but I'm at work and my boss keeps walking by so I'm going to have to get at you later

> Jesus said lust is a worldly emotion

so you cut your balls off?

need to get their heads checked desu

>just pretending to know something doesn't mean you actually know it
but you can approach that knowledge by a honest search

I don't know all the ways of God. But I try to understand them.

>being anything other than agnostic is juvenile
Being agnostic is juvenile. It shows no mental fortitude and intellectual laziness.

>Too much suffering
You mean the suffering that is a product of our own free will? God doesn't want us to kill each other or ordered Hitler to kill so many jews.

some of the contradictions are between the teaching and the actual practice.

10:29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

all of those are literally corruptions from the original message

If you kill in the name of God I got bad news for ya son

The Bible also clearly says that time has no meaning for God and that a day is like a thousand years for him and a thousand years a day.

>It's another atheist thinks he's found something no-one has brought up before and cracked the "Christianity is a myth" case wide open

Mate there have been MILLIONS of people who have spent huge portions of their life dedicated to reading and interpreting scripture. There is literally nothing you can point out that hasn't already been argued over for more than a thousand years.

I don't understand your point? He was promising a reward to the people that left their earthly possessions in a time where his Message wasn't as widespread as it's currently. These people were abandoning their families because they couldn't stay with them and be honest with the message Jesus was trying to spread.

>In fact the only way the New Testament makes sense is if they are speaking of a event that is to happen relatively soon, certainly within their own lifetimes.

So Jesus came down, preached the word told everyone how to live their lives and for his apostles to spread out over the Earth and spread his message, but j/k it doesn't matter because the end of the world will be coming in 30 years anyway?
>Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

"Oh yeah, and better get your asses in gear because the 'end of the age' is going to be in a few years anyway"

corruptions propagated by the church which is the word of god on earth

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
matthew 18:18

"Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." 10:21

yes necessity in this exists for his message but you seem to want to gloss over the leave your families part, in which the apocalyptic message plays a large roll

The Church corrupted by human interests and desires.

No good Christian has ever accepted everything that the Church says as truth.

the Apocalyptic message played a large role in the early Church. Without it it wouldn't have become a cohesive organization and it would've ended up dispersed. It fullfilled its purpose; but Jesus never promised to come back in few years.

>good
nice use of a arbitrary descriptor to differentiate people who agree with you and those who dont

also pretty sure the christians of the middle ages till the renaissance (and after depending where) would burn you at the stake for saying that
or do they not fit your structure of "good"

never said he did he was intentionally vague
You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." (Luke 12:40)
i said paul and peter said that e was coming inside of a generation or so

Too much suffering period. It wasn't the Jews fault that Hitler tortured them. Stop diminishing suffering you despicable meme.

>also pretty sure the christians of the middle ages till the renaissance (and after depending where) would burn you at the stake for saying that

How is any of that relevant?

>he was intentionally vague
in order to people to keep building His Kingdom in Earth, not to be scared out of their asses.

>It wasn't the Jews fault that Hitler tortured them
And I never said that suffering was the fault of the victim. It is the fault of humanity as a whole.

the point is that they saw themselves as "good" christians too
nice attempt to control the language of the argument though
>not to be scared out of their asses
my point is he used this fear to "build his kingdom of heaven on earth"

And a god with infinite love would never create that.

>And a God with infinite love would never create that
God loves us so much that he gave us free will.
He loves even the most despicable people, no matter how hard to believe you can find that.
>the point is that they saw themselves as "good" christians too
Yeah, it was through an imperfect understanding of the Bible and manipulations by power figures that they saw themselves as good Christians. The truly good Christians didn't celebrate the persecution of other people; they prayed for their salvation.

>My point is He used this fear to "build His Kingdom of Heaven on Earth"
And what is exactly your problem with that? People back then were extremely uneducated and worked out of their asses just to stay alive day through day. He used parables too.

Free will won't save you from a universe where you can be smashed like a bug in various ways and tortured I'm various ways and not have any way in it.

And? Are you so arrogant to think that you should have any say in the way God should treat you or anyone else?

>The truly good Christians didn't celebrate the persecution of other people; they prayed for their salvation.
again your own definition of "good" is much different from the good christians of the past. But of course im sure you're right and not using an arbitrary word to differentiate yourself based on your own thoughts and not facts

>And what is exactly your problem with that?
look at how good a job it did to build based on coercive fear. we all live in a kingdom of heaven right now right?
it doesnt seem cheap at all to you that someone who is supposedly the son of god (and god himself) has to resort to basic fear mongering? oh wait its ok cause god is good even when he spreads fear

It is the will of allah the omnipotent. We surely belong to Allah and to him we shall return

Cancer and aids and herpes and all the other diseases are not love.

>God loves us so much that he gave us free will.

No, he didn't. How do I know that? Because I've heard of your God. if he wanted us to have free will, why would he seek to reveal himself to us? Isn't that coercion?

Free will is unbiblical bullshit.

read this firstthings.com/article/1995/12/aquinas-and-the-heretics

>Cancer
Propagated by our life-styles
>AIDS
Propagated by our life-styles and easily prevented
>Herpes
see before

>No, he didn't. How do I know that? Because I've heard of your God. if he wanted us to have free will, why would he seek to reveal himself to us? Isn't that coercion?
Is it ironical that you're talking like Satan would do?
>Free will is unblibical bullshit
>All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power.
> If only you would pay attention to my commandments!
Then your peace would become just like a river
And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.

>Is it ironical that you're talking like Satan would do?

Satan has never tried to convince anyone to worship him. Satan isn't jealous, and proud of it. Satan didn't genocide whole nations for the "crime" of living in the wrong place.

Troll harder next time....

>runs out of ideas points me to an article
maybe refute my claims or answer my questions
oh wait you're a deist so you point me to more rhetoric that backs up your point.
im over it, enjoy your apocalyptic cult some 1900 years after it claimed the world would end and your precious sky god would come back to save you

>Then your peace would become just like a river
>And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. psalm 144

What is up with the christianity hate going on today?

>Satan has never tried to convince anyone to worship him
No, he has tried to steer people away from God so they're damned.
And he has unfortunately been sucessful so many times
>Troll harder next time
>If you're not an atheist that believes in scientism and believe in God through your poor understanding you're a troll

is a Psalm of David (a king that needed to make war to provide security for his subdits) supposed to contradict what it has been said already about the free will? Specially in Ecclesiastes?

Triggered atheists can't stand the light of truth

honestly the biggest problem for me in regards to religion is trying to understand the fall in the context of evolution

how the fuck can people rationalize this? i can understand most of the other stuff but it can generally (perhaps unfairly) get handwaved with stuff like
>its because of your free will!

but trying to understand what the fuck was going on during the fall in the context of a world where humanity evolved from an ancestor species is confusing as shit

>time from Abraham to Jesus
2,500 years
>time from Jesus to now
less than 2,000

DUDE WHY DOESN'T GOD WORK WITHIN OUR EXTREMELY SHORT EXPECTATIONS OF TIME LMAO

>No, he has tried to steer people away from God so they're damned.

No he hasn't. He's been imprisoned in Hell since the start of time, or haven't you read your bible?

Or are you claiming that Satan can just ignore the judgement of God?

Rome was the kingdom of Zion itself my man

You mean like today specifically or since the day it smarted. Christianity has always been pigger trash

Started

>If only you would pay attention to my commandments!
>though shalt not kill
>hands to war
>fingers to fight
no contradictions there at all

SUBDITS!

>Propagated by our life-styles

Still happens regardless of how healthy you are due to errors in cell division. Our lifestyles increase the risk of it, but the risk is always present.

The fall is the development of sapience. The point where you're not ruled by purely base natural urges to eat, fuck, fight, flee and sleep. Where you can overpower inbuilt natural reactions with willpower and think "I'm not going to beat Og over the head with a club and take his mate because that is the wrong thing to do". The fall is becoming apart from the system of nature, rising above it and being able to acknowledge conceptual things like morality, love, fear and hatred and control them via the intellect.