E3 newest games have all female/black protagonists

How is reaching out for new markets (black people) a good idea if in order to do so you alienate your own longstanding playerbase?

Someone explain this to me from a corporate viewpoint

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9W4GXs-J9Oo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am honestly trying to understand the business side of this decision, fag.

I've given up on vidya. We have been betrayed.

Are you racist or something?

The video game industry will crash and good riddance.

Time to buy Ubisoft shares?

Goddamit.

The first wave of games for the PS4 were so fucking good, I thought we really were heading for another golden age of video games. I guess I was mistaken.

CDPR and Cyberpunk 2077 are our only hope now, along with the Shenmue and FF7 remakes.

You mean short Ubisoft shares?

So I'm not the only one, however, wrong board

People still play video games wow

Are you living under a rock?

not every young white male is racist...

You have to be the most retarded man on Earth, most of the characters in your list are not protagonist, but mere fucking side kicks.

The black woman in the middle is a character from the New Wolfenstein, where you play as the most fucking Aryan looking square jawed 6ft tall blonde, blue eye, American, nazi killer motherfucker on FUCKING EARTH.
You dumb motherfucker.

>Betrayed
>Companies
>Belonging to any demographic

It's like you forgot companies are there to make money. Also, most protagonists in videogames look like fucking pic related, and you guys still have the courage to complain about some fucking black characters here and there. How are you any different than SJW exactly?

The only thing I can think of is virtue signaling to investors who know nothing about video games

They're trying to get all girls into gaming but that's not going to happen unless they turn everything into a choose your own adventure novel. Also I guess they want blacks into gaming but they only care about FIFA, madden, NBA and the fighting games. They're gonna suffer and call gamers racist and sexist again just in time for Christmas

Most of said longstanding playerbase will keep playing the games, regardless if the character is black, white or purple. The controversy from diversity gets very angry people on both sides of the argument to namedrop the game repeatedly. This is very good publicity. Getting the word out about your game is by far the hardest thing to do, with more and more games and less and less attention span.

He's supposed to be a Jew in the game. Wonder if there's ever been a case of a Jewish man looking like that.

>most people will accept the narrative if you keep repeating it and forcing it down their throats

We're living in the end of western civilisation. Being a self hating cuck is celebrated. Standing up and fighting for your people is wrong and punished.

They could all be Muslim tranny women and small dicked white boys will keep buying it. Yes, their lives are that pathetic.

Why the fuck shouldn't these companies go full SJW when the most regressive white shit will shell out money for the games? If there is a tipping point where it becomes too toxic, we haven't seen it yet. Their sales are stronger than ever.

>gaming companies are losing massive amounts of money catering to niggers and faggots

It's not, the video games industry is too big and starting to suffer the same weaknesses as the film industry. Out of touch CEOs are listening to a disproportionately loud minority that doesn't actually spend a lot of money. They will keep trying to cash in on what they think is a fad for up to the next five years, then realize nobody is buying it and back off

All it will take is three ME:A in a row to make them seriously rethink this strategy

Get this manchildren shit off my Veeky Forums

>Playing games in 2017

There's your first mistake, now fuck off back to /v/ or /pol/

>The only thing I can think of is virtue signaling to investors who know nothing about video games
They're going to wonder why all their high budget games aren't getting the kind of traction they used to and blame the consumer until they become irrelevant. Doesn't matter to the investors though. They'll just move on to the next bloated, aging franchise and circle it like the vultures they are until they've picked it clean and move on to do the same thing again.

The "mainstream" kills all creativity it touches because it's funded by the old generation (currently baby boomers) while all the actual successful games are being made by the current generation (currently old Gen X and millenials). Same with all creative industries. The people who have money are those who are not creative and, even if they were creative, are horribly out of touch. Also they're control freaks so they just have to have their hands all over the whole project. Doesn't matter if it's movies, or TV, or video games. Music seems to be a bit different though. Maybe because it's harder for "suits" to try to exercise control over the creative process in music.

I disagree.

They'll keep making money sure, but the most passionate consumers will just move on to games made by smaller independent companies and the big name companies will be in utter confusion as to why they get fewer and fewer sales and less hype and respect as an industry name. They'll blame the consumers (calling them racist, misogynists, dumb/lazy/cheap millennials, ect.) rather than trying to understand what they're doing wrong.

I'm just coming from a gamer's perspective though. I have no Veeky Forums type credentials or experience.

>I can't relate to this character because their skin color is different than mine!

I genuinely don't understand how the player character not being white "alienated" you.
You know how many black people play videogames? Who cares what race the character is. It's a fictional story.

you fuckers claim that you brought freedom and civilization to the world and everybody else was in the dark if it werent for you, yet you guys cant handle a bit of good representation of a historically oppressed race in media every now and then.

i want /pol/ to get shorted and leave.

I have often wondered this myself.
youtube.com/watch?v=9W4GXs-J9Oo
Was this commercial a smart move? they could have made a political neutral commercial, a standard commercial, but they choose this one. There are two options, either the owners or the marketing group in the company, decided to do this out of political reasons. Or they decided to do this out of commercial interest, that it would be a solid market strategi.

I remember this add, and it was more than half a year ago it aired, one time, in a show I didn't watch (came across it on /pol/).
They must have improved their brand recognition, if the memory of their "message" fade, but the memory of there brand, Logo stays, then they might have had a decent strategy.

Video games are a bit more complicated. Since they most likely do not do this out of brand recognition.
Perhaps there are no financial motive for it.

>all these shitskins on Veeky Forums
go get a job you dumb nigger and stop trying to get rich buy trading some stupid imaginary coin.

Phew, good thing I grew up with the classics. Where everyone including italian plumbers were Japanese.

>muh patriotism
>muh merica

if you cant handle seeing a black or women on your game, definitely dont go outside

Lil white bois' self esteem is at its lowest level since 2008. WE need to have adequate representation of People's without Colour (PwC). in the media. Having a leader (Trump) and most anime and video characters that look like them is a good start.

Marvel had experienced a decline in comic book sales, primarily centered around those comic books that had introduced new POC or female main characters (such as latino Spider-Man).
Their VP claimed it was because of the increased diversity, that their sales had declined.
There could be a number of different reasons behind the drop in sales. But there is something counter intuitive to push a product centered around a character, to a demographic ,that belongs to another demographic.
Most books or movies that have females as there primary consumer base, also have a female lead character.

if there weren't so many niggers outside, this wouldn't be a problem

kek this. Their ideology prevents questioning the narrative so once they start down the wrong path all they can do is keep doubling down again and again. See: liberal response to Trump, Trump derangement syndrome, BLM, Evergreen state college affair.

I don't understand E3 anymore
>They don't pitch to consumers because they aren't there anymore
>They don't pitch to investors because the games are already funded
>The sole purpose seems to be boosting their image just weeks before the end of Q2 every year, but it's entirely marketing-driven
I have no fucking idea what they're doing at this point, and I'm beginning to suspect they don't either.

So this is now /pol/ + /b/ + Veeky Forums now? When can we be expecting /mlp/?

>WE need to have adequate representation of People's without Colour (PwC).
That's more of a political statement. The question is what incentive does corporations have to push this? Is it a good business strategy or are they doing this out of political reasons?

/mlp/ is actually quite an interesting case. My little pony friendship is magic, was (and still are) a product targeted around a specific demographic, girls age 5-8 years... Meanwhile they had attracted a lot of consumers belonging to a fringe demographic, grown men.
How does this make sense? its quite strange if you think about it.

The secret is they aren't. They are literally just the other side of the same coin.

/mlp/ sleeper cell on the line.
What is your request, sir?

>/mlpol/
we ain't forgot 'chu niggas
>people on board X post on board Y
OMG THE HORROR

crossboard action leads to some of the best memes

political reasons hoping to cash in on the PC wave

if/when it doesn't sell, they will stop

I'm already here, fuckboi.

/mlpol/ is always lurking.

DONT YOU KNOW! TRANSGENDER GIRLS(male) ARE THE PRIME VIDEO GAMES MARKT!

EXTREMELY BULLISH(ox) ON EA!

Oh...
These were the days...

Do you have to be the embodiment of an anal fissure everytime someone posts something that isn't crypto? OPs question is perfectly legitimate and belongs in this board.

if the inclusion of black characters into your video games makes you feel 'alienated' you might be racist

Fuck off. Pandering "mah diversity" in every single game while having 100% of this year's game protagonists as black characters does indeed make me feel angry for this forced bullshit.

t. Ahmed

Yes.
It's bad for business not to be one.

Easy, it makes the SJWs stop bitching and cucky wytes will STILL buy the games because they can't into economic warfare.

this is the same crap going on in the comic book industry, where characters are being replaced by minorities and females, even though their customers are overwhelmingly white males. Comic book sales have been going into free fall ever since.

They are digging their own graves by falling into the diversity pc trap

i'd buy her dip if you know what i mean

They are being paid by (((((THEM))))

Thanks to social programs black have enough disposable income to afford video games and their general lack of responsibility and laziness makes them prime money cows for the future of gaming.

The typical white nerd is growing up and taking up his responsibilities, apart from the few autists who won't buy normie games anyway.

Bad games will have black protagonists in order to satisfy uneducated buyers (the most) and make money. Intellectual and high-tier games will have white or asian characters, don't worry.